Air Jordan IX Wht/Black/Red HOLIDAY 2016

View media item 2284109
Wore the 9s to the mall yesterday(had to include my other favorite in the pic[emoji]128517[/emoji]). Very versatile shoe that can be worn with various styles...

I found it intersting that a middle aged woman who had no clue what kind of shoes they were, complimented me on them. They are a "gorgeous" shoe, according to her.

she was tryna get in your jeans dog

I found it intersting that a middle aged woman who had no clue what kind of shoes they were, complimented me on them. They are a "gorgeous" shoe, according to her.

she was tryna get in your jeans dog
go back to the mall and let us know if you GTD
gtd-celebration-o.gif

Last edited:
I own em, but haven't worn em because the one time I tried them on, they were stiff and hard as boots, just like every other retro of the 9. Anyone else have better luck with comfort after some wears?

I own em, but haven't worn em because the one time I tried them on, they were stiff and hard as boots, just like every other retro of the 9. Anyone else have better luck with comfort after some wears?
only other pair of 9s i had were cool greys from 02....wore them a decent amount and they never broke in. i have these and am expecting the same stiffness, so i don't foresee them getting alotta run in the rotation.

only other pair of 9s i had were cool greys from 02....wore them a decent amount and they never broke in. i have these and am expecting the same stiffness, so i don't foresee them getting alotta run in the rotation.
See thats what I thought. I've been on the fence about returning my pair, I think I'm going to. So sick of shoes just sittin in my closet. Its the reason I got rid of all my other 9s. They look so fresh though. But they r outta here! Thanks.

Are they that awful comfort wise?

I had that pair ordered from Hibbetts but that's been near a month gone with no word.

It doesn't go away? That means it's an uncomfortable shoe. Just proved my point. 1s, 3s, 4s, 5s, all comfortable. Unless you got weight issues or wide feet. But these 9s are made outta concrete. Beautiful shoe but uncomfortable.

View media item 2287360Anyone having problems with wrinkles on their shoes? Wore for the first time today and while the right shoe looks normal, the toe box on the left shoe has wrinkles and creases like crazy. I'd be fine if it was just the edges like normal wear, but the whole top of the toe box is wrinkled too.

Last edited:
Anyone having problems with wrinkles on their shoes? Wore for the first time today and while the right shoe looks normal, the toe box on the left shoe has wrinkles and creases like crazy. I'd be fine if it was just the edges like normal wear, but the whole top of the toe box is wrinkled too.

Completely natural, nothing to be alarmed about. If you wear them, they will crease.

Anyone having problems with wrinkles on their shoes? Wore for the first time today and while the right shoe looks normal, the toe box on the left shoe has wrinkles and creases like crazy. I'd be fine if it was just the edges like normal wear, but the whole top of the toe box is wrinkled too.
  I have the 2010 version of these that I have worn at atleast a hundred plus times.  I have Zero creases in the toe box.  While I totally agree that creases will happen with wear, that's a little much for just one wear.  Mine have that "plastic leather"' to them, whereas those maybe more tumbled.  Idk.  Soft tumbled will crease very easy.  My Chicago Xs creased just by looking at them the wrong way.

I've been hunting for a pair too. People seem to want quite a bit for these, but it doesn't seem like they're really getting it.
Exactly. Unfortunately it takes people a couple months to realize they aren't getting $270 for this shoe. I returned mine this evening for this reason. I didn't feel like 2 months of ignoring idiots saying, "I can give you $120 and my Nike Darts". Got my cash, and I'm out.

I have the 2010 version of these that I have worn at atleast a hundred plus times.  I have Zero creases in the toe box.  While I totally agree that creases will happen with wear, that's a little much for just one wear.  Mine have that "plastic leather"' to them, whereas those maybe more tumbled.  Idk.  Soft tumbled will crease very easy.  My Chicago Xs creased just by looking at them the wrong way.
Seeing that toebox has me feeling even better about gettin my $207 back. I don't mind creasing but man, thats crazy, and when that ankle creasing starts up no bueno.

Seeing that toebox has me feeling even better about gettin my $207 back. I don't mind creasing but man, thats crazy, and when that ankle creasing starts up no bueno.

It's just the one shoe too which has me confused as hell. Never seen this happen to the top of a shoe before, not even on pairs I used to run into the ground. Might have to message CS tomorrow and see if there's anything they can do. Seeing that after 1 wear is just ugly

It doesn't go away? That means it's an uncomfortable shoe. Just proved my point. 1s, 3s, 4s, 5s, all comfortable. Unless you got weight issues or wide feet. But these 9s are made outta concrete. Beautiful shoe but uncomfortable.
ehh...comfort is subjective. like i said, i don't really mind it...theyre my only 9s and look really good so i can live with it. they'll stick around.

i see where you (and others that cant stand the discomfort) are comin from, tho. totally understand you returnin em. $200 is alot for you not to be completely satisfied.

ehh...comfort is subjective. like i said, i don't really mind it...theyre my only 9s and look really good so i can live with it. they'll stick around.

i see where you (and others that cant stand the discomfort) are comin from, tho. totally understand you returnin em. $200 is alot for you not to be completely satisfied.
yeah thats pretty much all I'm saying. I've been trying to get better about not buying a shoe just to buy a shoe.

If it's that bad I may not pickup that pair if they ever show up. I'm kinda hoping they don't so it's not an issue lol

Poor comfort and weird wrinkling for $190+tax? No thanks.

Last edited:
Just grabbed a pair for $220 shipped, figured that was just about retail plus tax and ship. Continuously regretting initially passing on that villa deal...

Last edited:
Had a look at my friends pair today and the quality is good but paying anything over $200 feels unjustified. I may bite the bullet though just to have a pair

Back
Top Bottom