:::AIR JORDAN IX APPRECIATION!!:::WEEK 9 EXTRAVAGANZA!!

As expected, the 8th week of Air Jordan appreciation was a little slow. Not too many fans regard the cross strapped boots as one of their faves. But that's why we have these posts! To show YOUR love for the shoe!!

For those that missed out on a past Air Jordan, here are your links:
AIR JORDAN I APPRECIATION!!:::WEEK 1 EXTRAVAGANZA!!
AIR JORDAN II APPRECIATION!!:::WEEK 2 EXTRAVAGANZA!!
AIR JORDAN III APPRECIATION!!:::WEEK 3 EXTRAVAGANZA!!
AIR JORDAN IV APPRECIATION!!:::WEEK 4 EXTRAVAGANZA!!
AIR JORDAN V APPRECIATION!!:::WEEK 5 EXTRAVAGANZA!!
AIR JORDAN VI APPRECIATION!!:::WEEK 6 EXTRAVAGANZA!!
AIR JORDAN VII APPRECIATION!!:::WEEK 7 EXTRAVAGANZA!!
AIR JORDAN VIII APPRECIATION!!:::WEEK 8 EXTRAVAGANZA!!

This week the IX's come out to play. Although MJ never wore them with the Bulls (practice don't count), it's still famous for being the shoe on MJ's United Center statue. It's also the shoe MJ had modified to play baseball in...

What I like about the IX's was that it was such a simple shoe. It didn't reply on cross straps, reflective tongues or lace locks. It was just pure. The IX's really don't get enough love as it should but hopefully the release of the carolina colorway in 2010 and possibly a return of the charcoal colorway, it'll change people's minds...

apd345.jpg

My current Air Jordan IX Collection

Original Air Jordan IX Commercials (The faked retirment ads were some of my all time favorites!):

http://www.youtube.com/v/bN4mykdIaKw&hl=en&fs=1&

Last edited:
Definitely an underrated shoe imo. I love the photo of Pac wearing IX's. Definitely brings me back.

oh man..i remember DESTROYING my pair when I was in 3rd grade as a young tyke on the blacktop! Definitely one of my faves of all time!

It still baffles me why Michael kept one of his IXs all the way up on that shelf.....

2Pac pics....
2601674d01a1c13429f389efdebd4f100b9a0d14.gif
5ea269143c0d2ae0ccc39a280aa467ccb931be3b.bmp

i love the IXs. charcoal and olives arent my cup of tea. Never liked them, they need to release the pair that Gentry was wearing.

I've kept this shoe in pristine condition since they retroed back in 02. Everyone had them in HS.

3713872578_7195f8e6ed.jpg

3713871124_70a4523f2e.jpg

sold my frenchs
eyes.gif
and i passed on the cool grey pair multiple times forretail. the soles had me
sick.gif

I never loved the IX the very first time they came out... But today, as if i needed them badly in my life for some odd reasons

This picture was first seen in the Chicago Tribune, I believe. It sparked alot of hype because it was the first timepeople caught a glimpse of what the "next Air Jordan" shoe looked like. Mind you, this was in the 1993 Playoffs and Mike was still rockin theblack/red VIII's...Once this pic was printed, stores all in the Chicago area were getting phone calls asking when they'd be released! MJ never worethese in an NBA game. We'd have to rely on the likes of Kendall Gill, Mitch Richmond and Latrell Sprewell to see these on the courts.
25p5jyv.jpg

He did, however, wear them during his short stint with the Birmingham Barons....Only this time they were in cleatform!
33lys93.jpg

MJ graced the cover of a Champs Sports catalogue wearing an updated UNC uniform while wearing the Powder Blue IX's!The picture would later be used as the Retro IX card, included with the shoes. To this day, the shoe remains one of my grails. I'm happy they're gonnarelease again soon, but I really wish I could get my hands on a pair of originals!
wck01e.jpg

As mentioned before, MJ never did rock the IX's with the Bulls...However, Tinker Hatfield selected them to be wornon the MJ statue outside the United Center.
dz70ie.jpg

It wasn't until his comeback with the Wizards, when we finally got to see MJ in action in a pair ofIX's...
30c7x9f.jpg

33ygk5l.jpg

The IX is easily in my top favorite Jordans especially with all the OG colorways being
pimp.gif
and the cg retro pair. I need to buy some white/black/true red ix.

Till this day white & black 9's are still my favorite pair of 9's and the first pair I think of when I think of the Air Jordan 9..
pimp.gif

By the way does anyone have a scanned photo of the Illmatic cd booklet..specifically the one picture of some dude sitting next to Nas rocking the OG 9's onthe park bench?
nerd.gif
Classic photo!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Redrum SB

the Olive's are my grails
pimp.gif
JB needs to retro them...
I need a pair of the Olive's....it is going to be the next shoe I look for today!

Back
Top Bottom