Air Jordan IV "Green Glow" Dark Grey/Green Glow/Cement Grey/Black FALL 2013

I have seen the Fire Red III's. My brother has them in his room and I'm convincing him to return them.

While we can say a particular release may be better than another in terms of the defects or quality issues it has, the aesthetics will always remain virtually the same. Fire Red III's from 2013 are almost identical to previous retro (I know about the elephant print).

I also don't care much for whether a colorway is original or not, or who wore it, or what shot was hit in it. I'm judging the shoe strictly off how it looks.

So for me: WC III's > BCIII's > True Blues > Green Glow IV's >>> Fire Red III's. It seems like the masses agree with me, since I've still seen Fire Red III's in store, but the same can't be said for the Green Glows.

The masses don't agree with you. They clearly produced more FR3's than the did GG4's. So your "since they sold out faster" argument means absolutely nothing.

"I also don't care much for whether a colorway is original or not, or who wore it, or what shot was hit in it. I'm judging the shoe strictly off how it looks."

This is exactly what's wrong with the sneaker culture today. Kids like you don't give a **** about the brand or the history of the shoe... They just wanna buy it because it "looks cool" and it's in style.

SMH

Bred 11/Toro 4 was produced more... Those didn't sit like the FR3s. FR3 was sitting in almost every store with FSR later on the day.

Bred 11/Toro 4 was produced more... Those didn't sit like the FR3s. FR3 was sitting in almost every store with FSR later on the day.
when i look at my white 3s i think of some people in the 80s playin tennis... It looks really dated

I disagree about the toro 4 and you can't use the bred 11 as an example it's probably the most popular Jordan ever made. People go nuts over 11's. I still think more FR3's were purchased tho.

selling 300K in a week isn't sitting bruh.... not sure how you can rationalize what you are saying.

selling 300K in a week isn't sitting bruh.... not sure how you can rationalize what you are saying.

Yea in a week... I was referring to pairs sitting later on the actual release date. I walked in to about 4-5 shoe spots in NYC later on that day. All of them had FSR sitting. All of them said it was low key hype release. I came back to the bay 2-3 days later and some stores still had sizes sitting. I understand all Retros sells out eventually no matter of the hype.

It was more like 350k in 4-5 days and they are gonna restock end of September and those will sell out too but "nobody likes these" SMH.

Crazy.

Yea in a week... I was referring to pairs sitting later on the actual release date. I walked in to about 4-5 shoe spots in NYC later on that day. All of them had FSR sitting. All of them said it was low key hype release. I came back to the bay 2-3 days later and some stores still had sizes sitting. I understand all Retros sells out eventually no matter of the hype.

300k in a week, or 350k as joey said, = sitting?

man... that's crazy. 300k pairs of shoes sold = sitting.

The masses don't agree with you. They clearly produced more FR3's than the did GG4's. So your "since they sold out faster" argument means absolutely nothing.

"I also don't care much for whether a colorway is original or not, or who wore it, or what shot was hit in it. I'm judging the shoe strictly off how it looks."

This is exactly what's wrong with the sneaker culture today. Kids like you don't give a **** about the brand or the history of the shoe... They just wanna buy it because it "looks cool" and it's in style.

SMH
So if Jordan would have worn the Green Glows in 1989, you would have loved them?

can I ask why are we so concerned about what shoes sat for how long, or which sold more pairs, etc ... unless you are the one collecting revenue off these shoes then who the F... cares. I feel like some of you try to justify your reasoning for buying a certain pair based off how well it sells, as well as trying to convince others of why they should or shouldnt have bought xxx pair

If it sold out in minutes-hours = excellent buy (people will want these at some point, hopefully)

If it sold out in a day = great buy (i think i did good since they were none left from what i hear on NT)

Took the weekend to sell out = maybe i could have passed

Sat for the weekend and into the week then sold out = should have passed

Didnt sell out at all = wtf was i thinking, return these, and s*** talk them

Last edited:
can I ask why are we so concerned about what shoes sat for how long, or which sold more pairs, etc ... unless you are the one collecting revenue off these shoes then who the F... cares. I feel like some of you try to justify your reasoning for buying a certain pair based off how well it sells, as well as trying to convince others of why they should or shouldnt have bought xxx pair

If it sold out in minutes-hours = excellent buy (people will want these at some point, hopefully)

If it sold out in a day = great buy (i think i did good since they were none left from what i hear on NT)

your rant answered your own question. and u gotta cut out the profanity too dude

So if Jordan would have worn the Green Glows in 1989, you would have loved them?
lol i was thinking the same thing.

Isnt style & looks the basis for buying clothing items? Why else would these retro+ colorways be produced. Dont get me wrong its nice to know the history of MJ and be old enough to say i say the GOAT play but i could give 2 you know whats about if jordan wore them or did whatever in them. When they produced these shoes thats not what theyre intention was for you to relive xxx day back in 1989 .. this day and age its all about $$$

but the fire red 3s didn't sit tho.... there was just a ton to go around.
YUP. I guarantee the FR3 will be the best seller #s wise this month. They made a ton, and plenty for everyone. great release imo.
gangster

Last edited:
^^^ was posted in the fire red 3 thread a little after they dropped. same for the toro 4s.

I would appreciate them more since I would remember them from my childhood and remember what he did in them. I think you forget, I've been collecting sneakers for 20 years because I love the brand and what they represent, I don't do this because it's "in style" or fashionable. If that's why your here cool,
good for you. So your saying if Jordan Brand becomes unfashionable and not "stylish" anymore you wouldn't wear them? That's my EXACT definition of a hypebeast and IMO that's exactly what's made the sneaker game into the mess it is today. You claim to be a "sneakerhead" or "sneaker enthusiast" meanwhile you buy for style...

I buy what I like, I don't care how many were produced or sold. And if someone buys a shoe and returns it because it didn't sell out I would consider them a joke and a hypebeast and I wouldn't want anything to do with them.

I can't even believe people think in the terms you just described but once again, that's what's wrong with the game today.

Back in 2009 2010 damn near everything sat in stores and nobody cared

I remember getting the white varsity red 6's for $100 :smokin

Back
Top Bottom