Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

012432_01.jpg
011651_01.jpg
This 2012 IV is obviously higher than the Jordan 2. The 98 13 "lows" were in all actuality a three quarter mid. The last true 90s original low was the XI ie.

Last edited:
It's supposed to be 3/4 but they sold us a version of 3/4 that was pretty high and the 2012 isn't it lol. The shoe needs to be higher otherwise it looks kind of like lows or just weird *** imitation IV's. When we talk about the height and the details of how this shoe done got butchered so badly over time its in comparison to itself not other models.

I was like 4 when the IV's dropped so I'm not touching that but when I say this shoe needs to look better.. I want 99's not a logical representation of what they probably meant :lol: No offense to anyone but come on. IV's haven't been right since like 2000 minus some one offs here and there.

The criticism is understandable for a mold that they cannot or refuse to replicate for 20 years now. They can’t even get the thick padded tongue right.

It’s ok to like these but just know that these were made better. To turn a blind eye to it, idk do you but I am prepared to see all the backlash that will come with this retro. As it should.

And yes I’m copping. But I refuse to ignore the obvious: that Jordan Brand refuses to give us what we want for this sneaker.

from a design perspective, that's actually correct center placement for the 2 different elements that make up the nike/swoosh + air logo. the text nike isn't centered with the swoosh... so it makes sense to center the air text with the swoosh
Stop it.

Correct if Im wrong. But wasnt the 3 and 4 supposed to be a three quarter mid? I know people think these recent 4s are too low but its seems to be the perfect in between from a Jordan 1 compared to a Jordan 2 low from the 80s. The highs came back with the 5 through 9. Then the mids came with the 10 and 11.

Is it possible they made the 99 too high?

Rather have too high than too low

has anyone done comparisons to the 2012 pairs? I'm still wearing mine and have another DS pair. But not sure if selling the DS and buying the 2019 pair is worth it. I dont really care to have NA branding but care more about shape/material

has anyone done comparisons to the 2012 pairs? I'm still wearing mine and have another DS pair. But not sure if selling the DS and buying the 2019 pair is worth it. I dont really care to have NA branding but care more about shape/material

SELL SELL SELL. sold my 2014 infrareds after getting the 19s for a pretty penny...but probably could have gotten more if i'd sold them months ago. i imagine these 4s will not be that hard to get and will definitely be better than the 2012s.

Everyone complaining about the height. Please pass and find you a nice mid top shoe that’ll protect your ankles perfectly

People almost forget that they can choose not to purchase these

Everyone complaining about the height. Please pass and find you a nice mid top shoe that’ll protect your ankles perfectly

People almost forget that they can choose not to purchase these

Serious question with no intended disrespect; why does other people voicing dissatisfaction bother you so much?

You've gotten like 5 posts just like this off at this point my g.

He's right though.
So you want the heels to feature what appears to be an incorrectly offset "AIR" beneath the Nike and swoosh? OK. Strange, then, that the majority of Nike Air heel logos for the past four decades have not looked like that, regardless of what is technically correct according to the graphic-design textbook.

So you want the heels to feature what appears to be an incorrectly offset "AIR" beneath the Nike and swoosh? OK. Strange, then, that the majority of Nike Air heel logos for the past four decades have not looked like that, regardless of what is technically correct according to the graphic-design textbook.

Where did I say I wanted that? Oh. I didn't.
It was just about why the Nike logo looked off center.

We got kids asking for crooked Nike Air now?

Trying to legitimize it?

647466DA-F859-4078-8558-23376F3BCD06.gif
I'm sitting here stabbing myself in the eye with a pen. I was tempted to walk the 30 feet over to my creative director's office and have him write a reply, but I didn't want to bother him.

Reactions: ARK
Apologies, then. You'll understand my confusion after you agreed with the guy who said it was correct. I think we'll all be happier with it looking right as opposed to looking weird but being "correct."

It's all good my dude. Just a misunderstanding. And I'll save you some time from bothering your CD-- he will almost certainly give you the same justification for why it's off-centered looking :lol:.

Source: this **** is my job.

Back
Top Bottom