Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

DFA62E69-2195-42D4-A16A-A086C03DEDD5.png

Lacejob looks correct for these to be the real deal (longshot but its laced correctly, UA’s are always laced wrong)

Low tops

This is going back a long way. In '89 I was 13 and had the OGs (was in 7th grade and wore a size 9) and I vividly remember the Nike on the back being offset. Don't ask me why, but I remember looking at it when I wore them and wondered why they did that. No blogs or magazines or anything of the sort back then. Just wore them and I took care of them like they were a child (no wearing in rain, dirt, grass, cleaned them, filled in any scratches in the midsole with a sharpie).

Even my wife wants a pair of nd usually, she barely cares about shoes.

She's a size ~6 in GS sizes - is there any reason not to go for GS sizes and save a bit of money compared to just getting her a women's size?

Only ever bought men's sizes before.

Even my wife wants a pair of nd usually, she barely cares about shoes.

She's a size ~6 in GS sizes - is there any reason not to go for GS sizes and save a bit of money compared to just getting her a women's size?

Only ever bought men's sizes before.
They're a little different, but GS is pretty close. Preschool they get really different. My girl wears a 4.5 gs. I have no problem buying them for her.

This is going back a long way. In '89 I was 13 and had the OGs (was in 7th grade and wore a size 9) and I vividly remember the Nike on the back being offset. Don't ask me why, but I remember looking at it when I wore them and wondered why they did that.

What size were they? I'm pretty sure it depends on the size. On the smaller sizes, the heel tab is smaller but not the Nike Air logo.

For example, they center the Nike/ swoosh on the smaller tab but because the front edge of the swoosh to the end of the swoosh barely fits, it makes the word 'Nike' look more to the left, even though the swoosh as a whole is centered.

So then when they center the "AIR" on the lower part of the tab, it makes the entire branding on a whole appear like the word 'Nike' and 'AIR' are a bit offset.

But I think that phenomenon only appears on smaller sizes. And I'm pretty sure samples and so called UA pairs are usually size 9 or smaller. On larger sizes I think the larger heel tab provide room to center the logo better.

Last edited:
Reactions: ARK
What size were they? I'm pretty sure it depends on the size. On the smaller sizes, the heel tab is smaller but not the Nike Air logo.

So they center the Nike/ swoosh on the smaller tab but because the front edge of the swoosh to the end of the swoosh barely fits, it makes the word 'Nike' look more to the left, even though the swoosh as a whole is centered.

So then when they center the "AIR" on the lower part of the tab, it makes the entire branding on a whole appear like the word 'Nike' and 'AIR' are a bit offset.

But I think that phenomenon only appears on smaller sizes. And I'm pretty sure samples and so called UA pairs are usually size 9 or smaller.

That phenomenon doesn’t just happen on the IV. Check out this Air Tech Challenge IV from 2016..

image.jpg

from a design perspective, that's actually correct center placement for the 2 different elements that make up the nike/swoosh + air logo. the text nike isn't centered with the swoosh... so it makes sense to center the air text with the swoosh

20180728_163735.jpg

The Nike font, swoosh, and "AIR", are ALL PERFECTLY aligned on the 1999 Retro. If Nike/JB, would raise the *** damn height of the ankle collars, move the wings back to the heel tab, and stop cutting UNNECESSARY corners, they'd have MORE than enough room to fit ALL three, on the pull tabs. They'd also have enough room for the rest of the shoes details. Someone will come in here and say I'm complaining, or justify their continuous BS, but It's NO DAMN EXCUSE...

jordan-son-of-mars-low-fall-2018-release.jpg

Especially when atrocious BS like this above, has the height. They do it to keep us in lust, for the NEXT retro. They also do it, piss to people like me off. Bottom line. Nothin' more, nothin' less.

|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l

Correct if Im wrong. But wasnt the 3 and 4 supposed to be a three quarter mid? I know people think these recent 4s are too low but its seems to be the perfect in between from a Jordan 1 compared to a Jordan 2 low from the 80s. The highs came back with the 5 through 9. Then the mids came with the 10 and 11.

Is it possible they made the 99 too high?

Back
Top Bottom