Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

14 years old, the only 4 that I want! Go hunting with my first pay check of $132! The only one Footlocker had was the Fire Red. Sold. Needed a Black Cement 4, but, got a 4. Seeing them again in 1999, was like seeing a long lost love. But, just had my second son, I needed diapers and formula. Then buy them turds from 2012, my only double up in my life. No Nike Air, paint just flakes looking at it. Both Heel top Tabs break off. got the other OG 2016 WC. My faith is telling me, since I have $250 in Footlocker gift cards, "Get your shoe!!!". Go Heels!

TTS? That's odd. My Travis Scott's, Raptor 4's, and Dunk from Above's are cozy af. WC4 still on ice...

Yeah TTS. To be fair I walked a good distance but man the bottom of my left foot felt like it was getting a blister. Wore my Concord 11 today because I didn’t think I could handle something else new. Those Concords were comfy!!

I agree on the retro comfort discussion. Some are good and some are just straight up terrible, and unfortunately the 4s have kind of always been that way for me. The Cool Gray ones were the most wearable comfort wise for me. The Mars 4s were straight up vice grips. Not fun at all. The Cardinal 7s from 2006 were the best comfort retro ever. They were plush all the way around.

18s were like pillows on feet. 1s from 06-09 had great ankle padding which helped a little with the sole. 2s from 2004 felt great too. I definitely agree that most retros now feel okay to uncomfortable after a few hours. Jordans are not the standard for comfort even if a few have nice insoles. It’s thought that if JB made 3-6 more comfortable, they’d have to sacrifice the shoe’s Shelf life(3-6 years ago had softer midsoles but crumbled).. I call bs with all the modern tech and stuff that JB has to either use PU that crumbles, or PU that feels like a brick.

Nah, there was a point in time where the cushioning department took a significant decline with retro releases. The entire CDP line was trash for starters. Prior to that, it was pretty hit or miss, at least for the pairs I owned. The midnight navy VIs were cardboard straight out of the box. I eventually started hooping in my retros, once I changed my casual wardrobe up. Surprisingly, the II's and VIII's were some of my most comfortable shoes.

Stamp. 8s feel like pillows on your feet. 2s are nice too.

Lavar Ball said 2s were the best out of all of them to hoop in lol
I could see that. They look bulky, but were fairly light from what I remember. I need them to retro the chrome 2s. Think those and chrome 8s were the most comfortable Js I’ve ever owned.

JB/Nike is completely out to lunch in 2019. After these its pretty dead until december aside from the travis 1s

Im kind of hoping they fill the void with charcoal 7s

JB/Nike is completely out to lunch in 2019. After these its pretty dead until december aside from the travis 1s

Im kind of hoping they fill the void with charcoal 7s

This year reminds me how 2017 was. Though you are right we need another original color way to fill the void but since Gentry is back retro + will be the driving range now.

I agree on the retro comfort discussion. Some are good and some are just straight up terrible, and unfortunately the 4s have kind of always been that way for me. The Cool Gray ones were the most wearable comfort wise for me. The Mars 4s were straight up vice grips. Not fun at all. The Cardinal 7s from 2006 were the best comfort retro ever. They were plush all the way around.
2006 black toe 14s are nutso nice compared to almost anything, especially now. Mine are still golden.

Back
Top Bottom