Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

56848252_134176667742294_1055919464234539019_n.jpg

They are pretty close to me overall. The tongue height anyway.

I think they are shorter but the shoe over all is taller. Still not a mid though. Was comparing the heights to my hot lava agassi's and those are a true mid. It sucks they wont do it for the IV's and III's.

Size 12 finally came in from SNKRS today along w/ the 2015 Bordeaux I scooped from Flight Club(felt like a kid on Christmas when homie stepped off the UPS truck w/. both pairs).. glad I went and purchased the 12.5, because the pinch on my foot in the 12 is no bueno!!! NO BUENO... definitely letting them go as planned.

56848252_134176667742294_1055919464234539019_n.jpg

They are pretty close to me overall. The tongue height anyway.

There's the obvious wing height, tab height, etc., but at a glance, they look very similar. Had they got the toe box like the recent flight '89s, the shape would have been apparent to even the untrained eye and so fire. Missing that toe box improvement is a damn shame. When I look at my WC4 and BC3, the NA looks so damn amazing; when I look at these, I tilt my head and raise my eyebrow....just looks off. No designer I've ever worked with would be OK with this going to production. I honestly think something went wrong in the product development/production process; no way they designed it to look like this!

I'm sure once I get these on feet I'll just be happy to have them, and not think about it so much, but right at release while I got my inspector gadget brain on, I have to say that these disappoint somewhat. Unlike the infrared 6, which the moment I saw them and tried them on, I was like, damn, these are so much better than my '14s.

Gotta get them home to compare, but the boxes on these 10.5s seem small. Maybe from being from Europe, they used a size 8 box or something? I think I read previously that the box size changes at a given size. Anyway....

179F8FC4-52D8-4035-B314-DBDBDC811B92.jpeg

My quadruple up is now complete, SNKRS pair has arrived.

To commemorate here is a picture of Sarunas Marciulionis of then the Golden State Warriors after their 103-93 win over the Chicago Bulls in Oakland, I was trying to get a card signed by MJ, but I could tell he was in no mood as they had lost, he only scored 14pts for the game. I was prepared and undaunted to try and get his attention in the tunnel that exits the building. AJ Flight suit-check, AJ SnapBack hat-check, fire red V’s- check,this picture was my consolation prize for my efforts...wish I still had that t-shirt though....lol.

Nelson C Nelson C

I haven't kept up with the thread but did you get your pair(s)?

To the thread - happy most got theirs.

I missed out... forgot and by the time I remembered 11.5 was gone.

Saw a dude rocking them... the Nike Air alignment on the back is terribl :smh:

Initially when I found out they were coming out on May 4th, I was disappointed because I'd be traveling around release time and I mentioned it in an IG post.

A fellow NTer offered to get them for me, I accepted his gracious offer but early last week I declined it. I felt bad and was unsure if I wanted them. And I didn't want to put him out like that. But this thread kept calling me. The pics in this thread are crazy and the fact that, as some said, will they ever release with NA again stayed with me.

I've struck out on many J's as a kid and even later in life and I was resigned to it. I missed out on them in '99, which in actuality was a major impetus to starting NT. So it wasn't destined to be.

So on Saturday, as I was waiting for my flight, NT OG mclilbit reached out and wanted to know how many pairs I'd be getting. I said most likely none as I'd be flying when they dropped. He offered to help me, out of the goodness of his heart. I didn't prompt him or ask, and he didn't have to, but he did and that gets me in the feels. I associate this shoe with NT as much as I do with The Shot. 1999 rekindled my love of sneakers and these definitely started that fire, missing out was like a punch in the gut. The colorway is 100% NT and definitely influenced me when I was coming up with NT's colors. It's more than just a shoe, to me it represents everything that's great about MJ, my childhood and this site. I'm eternally grateful.

Incidentally, the door code to my Airbnb last Saturday was 2389.

tl;dr I was able to get a pair thanks to NT!

Last edited:
There's the obvious wing height, tab height, etc., but at a glance, they look very similar. Had they got the toe box like the recent flight '89s, the shape would have been apparent to even the untrained eye and so fire. Missing that toe box improvement is a damn shame. When I look at my WC4 and BC3, the NA looks so damn amazing; when I look at these, I tilt my head and raise my eyebrow....just looks off. No designer I've ever worked with would be OK with this going to production. I honestly think something went wrong in the product development/production process; no way they designed it to look like this!

I'm sure once I get these on feet I'll just be happy to have them, and not think about it so much, but right at release while I got my inspector gadget brain on, I have to say that these disappoint somewhat. Unlike the infrared 6, which the moment I saw them and tried them on, I was like, damn, these are so much better than my '14s.

Gotta get them home to compare, but the boxes on these 10.5s seem small. Maybe from being from Europe, they used a size 8 box or something? I think I read previously that the box size changes at a given size. Anyway....
Conspiracy theory : the next og retro of these will address one of the issues you addressed...

Stockx is taking yeaaaars In getting my shoes. I bought them last Wednesday and they’re still on route. Let alone they charged me on the wrong account. Ready to call my bank and take a complete L on these.

Stockx is taking yeaaaars In getting my shoes. I bought them last Wednesday and they’re still on route. Let alone they charged me on the wrong account. Ready to call my bank and take a complete L on these.

Why did you even buy through StockX 3 days before release in the first place?

179F8FC4-52D8-4035-B314-DBDBDC811B92.jpeg

My quadruple up is now complete, SNKRS pair has arrived.

To commemorate here is a picture of Sarunas Marciulionis of then the Golden State Warriors after their 103-93 win over the Chicago Bulls in Oakland, I was trying to get a card signed by MJ, but I could tell he was in no mood as they had lost, he only scored 14pts for the game. I was prepared and undaunted to try and get his attention in the tunnel that exits the building. AJ Flight suit-check, AJ SnapBack hat-check, fire red V’s- check,this picture was my consolation prize for my efforts...wish I still had that t-shirt though....lol.

Marciulionis was a solid player for that team. I think those were the Run TMC years for the Warriors right? What a squad. I remember using that team in NBA Live when Live was the best NBA game out there. Great pic!

You know something. I've been a fan of Jordans since part of my childhood and Michael Jordan has been making enough money off these as usual after we've been buying them. Well I am a grown man in my 30's I think it is about time I get away from the Jordan shoe game. Well since Jordan Brand has been making enough money off of these I feel like I should stop buying Air Jordans for good. Because I don't want to continue putting money in MJ's bank account. However I might get like a couple pairs off of sites like StockX and Goat, well, we'll see. But I'm feeling like I should stop buying Jordans for good and just save my money. Don't y'all feel the same?

Last edited:
You know something. I've been a fan of Jordans since part of my childhood and Michael Jordan has been making enough money off these as usual after we've been buying them. Well I am a grown man in my 30's I think it is about time I get aawayfrom the Jordan shoe game. Well since Jordan Brand has been making enough money off of these I feel like I should stop buying Air Jordans for good. Because I don't want to continue putting money in MJ's bank account. However I might get like a couple pairs off of sites like StockX and Goat, well, we'll see. But I'm feeling like I should stop buying Jordans for good and just save my money. Don't y'all feel the same?
This Troll job schtick ain’t it chief. Try again?

Back
Top Bottom