Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Got the matching socks ready

8DAF1CE3-4881-4AA8-88A3-D90C45B6BDEA.jpeg
:lol:

Man I’m just counting down the days at this point. Need em now. Foot raffles start next week. Beyond ready.

Back to somewhat of the topic a few pages ago is that other companies do it and offer it at a premium price. Like Converse in the last few years has gone back to the 70’s quality Chucks for a higher price but still offer the cheaper quality ones of today and that’s what we all thought we were gonna get with the remastered program of OG Jordan’s. And we didn’t. It’s still relatively the same quality as the cheaper non-OG colors that come out all the time. That’s where my biggest gripe is. And then I see collab Jordan’s with a designer and they get it perfectly right. Another slap in the face to me.

Lemme guess...the South.

|l
:lol:

Try again... I live in the south and ppl mostly say soda or coke
I’ve worked with ppl from the Midwest and they said pop, traveling in that part of the country.
I’ve heard ppl say it

Me and everyone else in the midwest say pop. Get over it.

Facts. I'm from the west coast but have been in the navy the last 18 years. You meet folks from everywhere and that "pop" thing is huge midwest and some folks in the south. I always laughed but hey the lingo on the west is different than the mid west. Some of my best friends I have met during g my time are from the mid west. Just good folks in my experience.

Yeah I’m from Chicago
I don’t think I’ve ever used another term
What do you guys call it?
Soda?
Now that’s lame :lol:

Can I get some soda?
No way!

Let me get a can of pop
Now that sounds right :smile:
Hell no, and hell yes :rofl::rofl:
I'm from the D in Michigan but live in L.A.
Pop is absolutely normal in some areas of the country. To this day. That is what every single person in Michigan calls it in the "lingo." I love when all the "worldly" cats on NT are indignant about **** they know nothing about LOL. Not saying anyone SHOULD know anything about it, but it IS funny as ****. Even funnier, I personally don't call it that anymore, because I travel the world and country pretty often. And before anyone says it, save it. I'm not trying to flex on anyone or anything like that. But people mocking the use of "pop"? Goddamn I love this site :rofl:
EDIT: Like I said in an earlier post ... the comedy/hilarity/fun on NT is really what it is all about and what keeps and has kept me coming back for 20 years. I mean, this whole discussion/random topic, as with countless others, makes me laugh off the chart LOL

Last edited:
Back to somewhat of the topic a few pages ago is that other companies do it and offer it at a premium price. Like Converse in the last few years has gone back to the 70’s quality Chucks for a higher price but still offer the cheaper quality ones of today and that’s what we all thought we were gonna get with the remastered program of OG Jordan’s. And we didn’t. It’s still relatively the same quality as the cheaper non-OG colors that come out all the time. That’s where my biggest gripe is. And then I see collab Jordan’s with a designer and they get it perfectly right. Another slap in the face to me.

Quote about the remastered program: Michael Jordan’s personal request when the idea of remastering the retro line was to not make it too luxurious that it wasn't true to the original. “He said, ‘Just don’t make it too premium. If you’re going to get it the way that I played, don’t go too premium. Don’t go too far with the details,’" which to me is basically what we're getting. slightly better retros that are closer to the originals with nike air on them for the og colorways where appropriate. i personally have no complaints....other than the higher price point. but i also never owned any of the OGs and got my first jordan in 2007 (aquas). so i'm comparing them to more recent retros and they're definitely better by that measure. a 1:1 remake tho...definitely not happening.

Need to read up on the last several pages to understand this bananas, soda vs pop vs coke vs cola thing.

I also noticed during my time in the mid-west, people always said "wash room". I'm like huh, well I know you mean the bathrooms (SoCal) but....
wash room? My homie from NY that came out here though...says lavatory....:stoneface:

Yeah I’m from Chicago
I don’t think I’ve ever used another term
What do you guys call it?
Soda?
Now that’s lame :lol:

Can I get some soda?
No way!

Let me get a can of pop
Now that sounds right :smile:

I grew up in Illinois and always call it pop too. Anything less is uncivilized.

Thats like we say going to the show whenever we talk about going to the movies.

Back
Top Bottom