Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

2082F00F-C090-4BCC-AD38-00664F44E226.jpeg
Not trying to derail the thread but these look pretty nice.Patent Toro 4 sample.Pics via FB.
From the darkest of eras when they also messed up the IVs even further by removing the little plastic "extensions" at the bottom of the front lace locks--the little plastic edges that get sewn into the shoe. I never understood why in the world they did that for several years. As shoddy as this retro is starting to look like it's going to be, it tells you how bad it had really gotten back then when these are still five times better than what they were putting out at that time. Stuff was :sick:

From the darkest of eras when they also messed up the IVs even further by removing the little plastic "extensions" at the bottom of the front lace locks--the little plastic edges that get sewn into the shoe. I never understood why in the world they did that for several years. As shoddy as this retro is starting to look like it's going to be, it tells you how bad it had really gotten back then when these are still five times better than what they were putting out at that time. Stuff was :sick:
Yea they've taken like 50 steps back and then one or two steps forward since 99.

His Shadows had no tumbled leather on them. His Infrareds looked mad fake too. Tried too hard to be early so he’s always showing UA pairs passed off as legit.

But didnt he get his VI and Shadows from Fineline? I know he gets most his stuff from Fineline, these IV cant lie are mad sus since not even fineline has them yet.

Nike is smart.. they were faced with 3 options going in.

1. Have a terrible shape and hear complaints about how they can’t get it right.
2. Fix the shape and then people will finally realize that this shoe is very uncomfortable and start complaining about comfort.
3. Fix shape and add better comfort and hear no complaints.

Eventually in 15 years we will make it to option 3.

What wasn’t right?
I don't agree it was a great retro. They could have done simple stuff to make it better. Use real durabuck, better heal contrast, hell even use the mold they used on the other retro 6s.

Seems like the improved the infrared color and Nike Air on heel was enough to for dudes to fall in love with them when they was in my opinion were passable at best.

I don't agree it was a great retro. They could have done simple stuff to make it better. Use real durabuck, better heal contrast, hell even use the mold they used on the other retro 6s.

Seems like the improved the infrared color and Nike Air on heel was enough to for dudes to fall in love with them when they was in my opinion were passable at best.

I hear you but there’s really nothing wrong with the material they used to make the shoe. Not sure how they can “use real durabuck” when the company who made that material no longer exist. It’s JBs version of durabuck and it’s actually close enough to the OG material. Not sure how much more they could’ve done in that regard.

I hear you but there’s really nothing wrong with the material they used to make the shoe. Not sure how they can “use real durabuck” when the company who made that material no longer exist. It’s JBs version of durabuck and it’s actually close enough to the OG material. Not sure how much more they could’ve done in that regard.
Nike and JB still have their own replacement of durabuck but that is not what was used on the 6s. The material that was on the Jordan 7 lows and even the Air Force 180 Mids have shorter hairs and more defined grey edges. Which is closer to the characteristics of the old stuff.

So I am not gonna beleive JB's hands were tied when they just released a shoe the previous summer with more adequate materials. The other omissions we're equally as lazy

Like I said in the Infrared thread. I got no issue with dudes liking this release, and being happy with their purchase. I never criticized anyone for that. Because all things considered, they were no where near as butchered as some of the other releases JB puts out. I am happy for dudes that feel happy with the shoe.

But on the flip side, I think it is completely reasonable to point out how JB could have done better, and not be satisfied enough with the release to cop. Not saying you, but some dudes seem to have a major issue when that opinion is expressed.

I can be easily pleased if JB actually tried.

I just got a lower tolerance for JB's bull**** than others.

Same here RustyShackleford RustyShackleford . For some strange reason, I can tolerate changes on the 5's, and 6's, but the 4's... It Irks me with a seething passion. At least they tried somewhat, on those. Especially, with the Black Metallic 5's. All of the 4's since after 2000, are just whatever colorway, with the filp flop low height, and water boot high tounge. Whether it's a Retro+, Super Limited, or OG colorway. The shape, and most importantly the height, has gotten worse since 2012, too.

Back
Top Bottom