Air Jordan III Retro - Varsity Red/Cement Grey/Black-Varsity Red (All Star 2020)

They are piggy backing off the 1988 contest which for some reason is now known as a screw job. IT WAS NOT. AT ALL!

Just saw on Sportscenter that Common allegedly said to a reporter afterward that the judges intended to give Gordon’s final dunk a 48 for a tie, and they screwed up their math and accidentally gave him the 47. What a bunch of clowns if that’s true, especially after how long it took them to put the scores up :rofl:
I feel kind of bad for AG but it really should’ve been a tie in my opinion. Just like it should’ve been against Lavine in 2016. But even more so in this case after what those guys did the entire final round. I’m not convinced the Taco dunk was better, or in fact as good as, the windmill.
Whats even more is a reporter on ESPN said that it really wouldn't have ended in a tie. If the last 2 dunks were tied then the judges would have to look at the total dunks of the night from both & award a winner. And since AG had the most points total, he would have won. Only question is, since wade knew a tie would have meant a lose for Jones...did he give the 9 to break the score in Jones favor. Cause remember, Wade tried to walk off so they can have a tie, but officials told him he has to go back & score 1 more. So we know he isnt' againt the idea of a tie.

Last edited:
I'm getting tight reading about all my NT folks getting to use their $20 FTL coupons. I strolled into Cerritos FTL and when I was about to pay with my coupon, they stated it was a "quickstrike." Since when? 🤔

AG bit off more than he could chew with clearing Taco. As great as he was, he should have chosen something else to do.

I'm getting tight reading about all my NT folks getting to use their $20 FTL coupons. I strolled into Cerritos FTL and when I was about to pay with my coupon, they stated it was a "quickstrike." Since when? 🤔
They lied to ya Blood...

AG bit off more than he could chew with clearing Taco. As great as he was, he should have chosen something else to do.
Facts. He initially walked up to Shaq & asked if he could jump over him but shaq refused lol. So he went w/ taco. Those extra 4 inchs could have made the differnce.

yes it was. bum *** wade gave derrick jones the win cause he play for the heat
They are piggy backing off the 1988 contest which for some reason is now known as a screw job. IT WAS NOT. AT ALL!

It doesn’t help the narrative/public sentiment in the aftermath that the guys calling the contest on TNT flip flop so quickly. They were going, “Oh come on, what?!” when Jones got the 47, like he was robbed. Then they’re immediately saying Gordon got robbed of the win just moments later. Jones last dunk was definitely the “weakest” of all his final round dunks, but so was Gordon’s. I guess, yeah, had they called it a tie and then settled it by adding up both guys’ total scores for the entire night, that would’ve been the most fair outcome. Ah well, we sure got a hell of a show, and that’s really what the dunk contest is all about.

I agree it should have been a tie. But I think they panicked knowing the crowd wanted a winner.

They do make a good point about the judges scoring tho. AG's last dunk over taco would have gotten atleast a 48 in the 1st round. The more they kept it goin, the more they were just dunking against themselves.

I say they should give each judge 1 or 2 11pts to keep in their back pocket to use when they see something bonkers. It'll throw off the scoring to break the ties.

I did not get a pair of these but DAMN they are ON POINT. No hate or regret. Hope everyone that want em did. Waits for the White Cements.
Right there with you brotha. Whatever is the first OG colorway to get this build, I can probably finally buy a retro III again. From the pics, they aren’t perfect, but they’re much better than all the retro IIIs have been for I don’t even know how many hears now. More than 15 years, that’s for sure.

Just saw on Sportscenter that Common allegedly said to a reporter afterward that the judges intended to give Gordon’s final dunk a 48 for a tie, and they screwed up their math and accidentally gave him the 47. What a bunch of clowns if that’s true, especially after how long it took them to put the scores up :rofl:
I feel kind of bad for AG but it really should’ve been a tie in my opinion. Just like it should’ve been against Lavine in 2016. But even more so in this case after what those guys did the entire final round. I’m not convinced the Taco dunk was better, or in fact as good as, the windmill.

Agree 100000% haha!

Back
Top Bottom