What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
Can any one give me some tips of how to get the glitter off? Mine are starting to twinkle even though I’ve wore em at least 10 times since they released in 2018. They be sitting in the box too long between wears.

Can any one give me some tips of how to get the glitter off? Mine are starting to twinkle even though I’ve wore em at least 10 times since they released in 2018. They be sitting in the box too long between wears.

Damn towel worked for me.

81z6QHhqyIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

It's a bit pricey, but it works. I used about 2 coats on a pair of Royal 1s before I sold them. Or you can do the mink oil way, a lot cheaper, but this spew remover is more of a permanent thing.

How often are pairs getting glittered? I have a DS 2018 pair still and it has no signs of glitter, but the Nike Air hang tag has turned a bit yellow.
My pair of 2016 bred 1s do have glitter though and those are worn

How often are pairs getting glittered? I have a DS 2018 pair still and it has no signs of glitter, but the Nike Air hang tag has turned a bit yellow.
My pair of 2016 bred 1s do have glitter though and those are worn

Have 2 pairs deadstock and they both have glitter. I've had to use leather shoe balm on them a few times to decrease it enough where it's not really noticeable. Both my hangtags are yellow but that I really don't care about. For the NA on the back, I have a few letters yellowing on one of the shoes from each pair.

Smh at me for waiting so long to wear these. I was surprised to see all of this. I saw some comments on this thread (last Spring, I believe) and checked my pairs.

I guess this is as good a place to ask as any. Anybody have the red cements customized to BC’s with some considerable wear on em? I wonder how the paint holds up under normal use because, as mentioned the 3 was in the hurt locker for about a hundred years

I repainted mine but they cracked after some time and wear, mainly in the toebox area because its a high stress area overall the shoe is black all around but there's little red cracks like heavy wear from Lance Mountains.

I repainted mine but they cracked after some time and wear, mainly in the toebox area because its a high stress area overall the shoe is black all around but there's little red cracks like heavy wear from Lance Mountains.
Thanks man! I’m pretty sure you just saved me some money then lol. I had mentally started the pursuit to customize some reds into blacks but man I had planned to basically beat em into the ground. Having the red coming through would kinda kill my vibe. Thanks again for sharing and I would love to see some pics of yours if you get time.

Thanks man! I’m pretty sure you just saved me some money then lol. I had mentally started the pursuit to customize some reds into blacks but man I had planned to basically beat em into the ground. Having the red coming through would kinda kill my vibe. Thanks again for sharing and I would love to see some pics of yours if you get time.

I wore them a few times and just wore them like I generally wear sneakers. It looks good but they require touch ups. I'm reluctant to do that because I put in mad work on them to keep reapplying paint. The black on the rest of the shoe is immaculate though.
20220130_100127.jpg
20220130_100132.jpg
20220130_100155.jpg
20220130_100215.jpg

Oh wow that’s not nearly as bad as I had imagined. I bet touch-ups would be way more to it than just throwing a quick coat of black on there, trying to get it matched back in and whatnot I’m sure could be tricky. Another reason I’ve not taken the plunge too is the sheer work involved. I’ve got kids and a thousand unfinished projects as is. Don’t really need to add to that pile haha

Oh wow that’s not nearly as bad as I had imagined. I bet touch-ups would be way more to it than just throwing a quick coat of black on there, trying to get it matched back in and whatnot I’m sure could be tricky. Another reason I’ve not taken the plunge too is the sheer work involved. I’ve got kids and a thousand unfinished projects as is. Don’t really need to add to that pile haha
Yeah after posting those pics I decided to just repaint the entire toebox and add way more coats. I feel like if I do that it'll stay the rest of the shoe is pretty immaculate though. Also if you do take it on to repaint the reds than get some fire red paint and 2 hard to get the red eyelets.

Back
Top Bottom