What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
type_raw type_raw you're right, $200 is an absolutely insane amount of money to be spending on shoes, i know most sneakerheads are numb to the idea and realize that $200 for a shoe is average or the norm, but to the average consumer, spending that much on a single pair of shoes is a ludicrous idea and probably a once in a year expenditure at most.

If you pay $214 for a shoe with flaws, If those flaws are worst then Payless shoes, at the end of the day they are just shoes.. I would pay $80-100 for the pair I got from Nike and wear them.. but over 200 they better be flawless, good thing we can return them.
I feel u but not that big of a deal I was just showing you can get bad pair from nike

3rd pair in. Production was long on these. Based on pairs:

UNDEFEATED pair: 7/17 start
SKNRS Pair: 8/17 start and 10/17 end
Hibbets Pair: 9/17 start and 12/17 end

Pair from kixfiles just arrived
Leather is softer than my snkrs pair and at first glance looks much cleaner
And I’m loving the bubble wrap :pimp:

Attachments

• 78AFA3AF-0923-4BAC-980B-D9BD5A3A7400.jpeg
    78AFA3AF-0923-4BAC-980B-D9BD5A3A7400.jpeg
    497.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 4E8633CD-A32E-4E83-B92F-BAF0BD100439.jpeg
    4E8633CD-A32E-4E83-B92F-BAF0BD100439.jpeg
    348.4 KB · Views: 38
The QC on these :smh:
FA and FNL pairs.. uneven ep height at the heels, tiny holes on the midsoles, and both left shoes have crooked heel tabs.
Worst by far is the hibbett pair. Didn't even come in the og box, uneven ep all around, heel tab crooked on left shoe, holes for eyelets punched too big. Never buying from hibbett again.

Can't even mix and match. Just wanted one good pair |l

I wonder did the 1988 OG pair have these types of QC issues.. I mean back then, I know my parents didn't examine shoes the way I do now. My friends and I could have sneaker issues but didn't even pay attention to. I made sure the shoes fit, clean and in my parents price range

This is my KF pair. Is this what people are talking about when they say they have two different kinds of leather/materials on each shoe? If so, it's really hard to tell unless you look very closely.

Also, the tongue on the right one has crooked stitching, but not a terribly bad pair of shoes overall. I would keep these if they were my only pair.

20180224_105606.jpg

I wonder did the 1988 OG pair have these types of QC issues.. I mean back then, I know my parents didn't examine shoes the way I do now. My friends and I could have sneaker issues but didn't even pay attention to. I made sure the shoes fit, clean and in my parents price range

Back then, Nike could and would allocate more resources to them because they were the flagship model for Jordan and Jordan Brand was nowhere the behemoth it is today (JB also technically didn’t even exist when these first dropped). Also, people actually needed them for functional reasons (playing basketball, obviously) so materials, craftsmanship, and whatnot needed to be top notch so they could make it through a season.

The QC on these :smh:
FA and FNL pairs.. uneven ep height at the heels, tiny holes on the midsoles, and both left shoes have crooked heel tabs.
Worst by far is the hibbett pair. Didn't even come in the og box, uneven ep all around, heel tab crooked on left shoe, holes for eyelets punched too big. Never buying from hibbett again.

Can't even mix and match. Just wanted one good pair |l

Sheesh no og box? What’s did the shoes come in then? My experience with Hibbett was good, clean pair only a strand of glue on the shoe rest is flawless. My Nike SNKRS pair was awful as I mentioned a million times already ...EP chewed off, white out stains, etc.

Yes definitely, all OG’s had their fair share of QC issues. But like you said people were never looking at them through a magnifying glass like they do today. I’m pretty sure there’s never be a release of entirely perfect shoes. :lol:

I'm sure some pairs had their flaws. They also weren't massed produced in the quantities that they are today. I'm sure QC had a better handle on things. Also, those Taiwan factories produced the best quality.

I'm sure some pairs had their flaws. They also weren't massed produced in the quantities that they are today. I'm sure QC had a better handle on things. Also, those Taiwan factories produced the best quality.

Great point. They are producing way bigger quantities today then they were back then. With bigger quantities comes a bigger percentage of QC issues.

Great point. They are producing way bigger quantities today then they were back then. With bigger quantities comes a bigger percentage of QC issues.
I was 10 when I started getting into shoes. 12 when I got my first pair. Would nitpick then also. OGs had plenty of flaws.

Footlocker in Texas (Beaumont) still has a size 9 sitting on the shelf. Don't know if they have any more sizes in the back or not.

Back
Top Bottom