What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
I never thought I would say this but I think I’ll actually be passing on these.

My 01’s are beat to death, the 2011’s still look pretty nice considering I wear them at least 5-6 times a year. The quality on these doesn’t look like anything special.

I’ll leave my pair out there in the wild for someone else to buy and resell.

not sure how old the complainers are but im assuming old enough to evoke an emotional connection but with all these emotions/sentiment talk just reminds me how no one really got them around 2000 beside the OGs growing up with Js (i know the sneaker world is a totally diff beast now). is it really sentiment from '88 or emotions from Supreme that put elephant print in another stratosphere on the pantheon of streetwear ? im in on these, hope they aren't difficult like TBs but black cements really don't sit ever since 'preme. im sure the OGs are copping for the 30th of the 3s regardless.

If a take a look back at the 2001 blk cement and compare to the supreme blk cement dunk of 2002, id say yea the blk sup dunks were hyped and dudes would think they were hotter since they were more limited than the 01 Jordan 3 blk

The blk cment 2001 was popular but was more available. I love both Nike/Jordan & supreme but I am gonna give credit more to Nike and Jordan cause in 2001 I'm sure supreme was like hey let's put the blk cement colorway of the Jordan III onto the Nike SB dunk low and make it a collaboration

4114670796_e9e0d12a82.jpg

nike-sb-dunk-low-supreme-black-cement-grey.jpg

I’m 37 years old, I couldn’t care less that the “molds” aren’t the same as they were in 1988. They are called Retros for a reason. They still are Air Jordan 3s so I plan on making the purchase. You kids are paying way too much attention to the small details and missing the fact that these are 3s in 2018 with NIKE AIR on the heel. Nobody ever thought this would happen again

Last edited:
I’m 37 years old, I couldn’t care less that the “molds” aren’t the same as they were in 1988. They are called Retros for a reason. They still are Air Jordan 3s so I plan on making the purchase. You kids are paying way too much attempting to the small details and missing the fact that these are 3s in 2018 with NIKE AIR on the heel. Nobody ever thought this would happen again
tenor.gif

I’m 37 years old, I couldn’t care less that the “molds” aren’t the same as they were in 1988. They are called Retros for a reason. They still are Air Jordan 3s so I plan on making the purchase. You kids are paying way too much attempting to the small details and missing the fact that these are 3s in 2018 with NIKE AIR on the heel. Nobody ever thought this would happen again

Yes!!! i get the complaints back then on all models because you really don't know when Nike/JB will retro them (94 to 01). At this rate it'll probably be less than 3-4 years in an iteration you will like with whatever marketing JB has up its sleeves (remaster campaign, something something pack, mars blackmon pack, whatever)

No!!!!

If they didn't get it right for the 30th anniversary release then what kind of fool goes around thinking ' oh, maybe they'll get it right for the 34th.'

And that's the core meaning behind alllll of these complaints when you get down to it. They don't give af now and they probably won't in the future. Period. That's what we're left to think at the end of the day. Everyone anticipated something special perhaps due to the air Max 1 campaign last year, and we get these Jurassic Park theme song on busted flute 3s . People complaining about complaints either have a vested interest in these selling out or haven't let the above point properly sink in yet.

It should seriously be a unanimous decision that this retro is trash. You can give them your money but you know damn well that they didn't earn it. But what they did earn is the upcoming bad reputation.

Last edited:
So has there been any numbers released on how many were made? How likely are we to get tb3 numbers? I can only assume given how many ppl have early pairs or all these pre orders that there is plent of stock

I’m 37 years old, I couldn’t care less that the “molds” aren’t the same as they were in 1988. They are called Retros for a reason. They still are Air Jordan 3s so I plan on making the purchase. You kids are paying way too much attention to the small details and missing the fact that these are 3s in 2018 with NIKE AIR on the heel. Nobody ever thought this would happen again
I'm with this guy here. I'm also 37 years old and I can remember the ogs. i did not have them, but many friends did. in reality, the quality has gotten better over the years. the foam soles especially. almost everyone i knew that had these had major separation issues. sure, we were kids and beating the hell out of our shoes. but, these literally crumbled back in the day. as for mold and shape?!? idk, I really like the new ones. just one man's opinion. now, I'll let everyone return to complaining. enjoy your day.

can anyone tell me if these close to Chicago 1 numbers or what shoe was 250k beside these

Y’all acting like the 3 hasn’t looked this way since ‘01. Hell, this is the longest running mold for the 3. Said this before *bulletproofvestfastened* the ‘88s ain’t all that. Cement grey is dark, elephant print is tiny. Y’all praising that mold like it’s the best? Cough cough, 94... cough ‘01.

Pretty sure Nike Air wouldn't have happened if folks weren't vocal about wanting it. I've never understood the whole be grateful they are releasing argument. My friend's little brother always talks like that about everything. I'm not an ungrateful person, but I'm not the type to just take anything. It's like your wife ain't treating you right and you just say, "atleast she married me, never thought she would say yes"

There's one other big difference that never gets brought up in here, and it goes for all XIs released after the original DMP: They took the firm foam out of the upper. The OGs and earlier retros, there is very firm foam padding on the inside of the cordura upper. All the newer retros' uppers are soft and flimsy in comparison. Squeeze the upper between your thumb and forefinger on the older XIs and compare it to the post-DMP releases and it's obvious.

They also had a really soft ankle padding. Now its this weird flat stiff padding that makes em weird but it doesnt bother me enough to hate the shoe.

Back
Top Bottom