What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
I totally agree with this. They know what they are doing by giving us a 98% retro every time around. They never give us 100%. Just to keep us coming back for the next. Space jam perfect example. The next retro will be 23 on the back, jumpman jam with a super clear outsole matching the 2000 release with super high pl cut. Each retro they change a small detail from the previous. It would not surprise me if 10 years from now they give us the perfect OG mold 3 ep height and hidden red lining with a jumpman return on the back tab. Each retro differs from the last in some way.

The 2016 release is spot on with the PE, the 2000 and 2009 release are nothing more than a retro + colorway.

One of the best recent examples are the Bordeaux 7. Yeah they fixed the shape and added green to the tongue, but it had that ugly toe speed bump and the midsole was too dark. Changes people passed on, and reason to cop the next version.

The midsole wasn't too dark, what are you talking about.

I passed on the previous BC3 release simply because they didn't have Nike Air on the back of them. This pair looks great to me. Even though certain details aren't matched completely to the original, the detail I wanted the most does. So, 5 to 10 yrs from now when/if they do get it all right. I will buy them too.

OG
04-1.jpg

vt1.jpg

NT.jpg

sPLduCr.png

Does who posted it first really matter. The point is there were two diff retros with diff details by design from Nike. Correcting something insignificant really don't help. I simply remember him posting photos of a Bordeaux original made from two diff locations.

I totally agree with this. They know what they are doing by giving us a 98% retro every time around. They never give us 100%. Just to keep us coming back for the next. Space jam perfect example. The next retro will be 23 on the back, jumpman jam with a super clear outsole matching the 2000 release with super high pl cut. Each retro they change a small detail from the previous. It would not surprise me if 10 years from now they give us the perfect OG mold 3 ep height and hidden red lining with a jumpman return on the back tab. Each retro differs from the last in some way.

When you realize this, why continue to buy? At that point YOU can control what only you do and avoid that type of frustration

My 3rd time owning this shirt. it came out with the 2001 retro

01 or 03? I still have mine from 03, I remember I copped from Eastbay

When you realize this, why continue to buy? At that point YOU can control what only you do and avoid that type of frustration

The Heather Gray came out in 01 it's a picture of the poster from 1988. In 03 a version came out with Mike on the front and Mars on the back.

I like this release. That's why I'm in.

This is the one from 03

Attachments

• 0FCAD4F7-A08E-417C-ACBE-9D104E9CD8E1.jpg
    0FCAD4F7-A08E-417C-ACBE-9D104E9CD8E1.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 16
The 2016 release is spot on with the PE, the 2000 and 2009 release are nothing more than a retro + colorway.
The 45 jam release was spot on except for one thing. The pl cut on this release is too high compared to the pairs he wore on the court.

There's one other big difference that never gets brought up in here, and it goes for all XIs released after the original DMP: They took the firm foam out of the upper. The OGs and earlier retros, there is very firm foam padding on the inside of the cordura upper. All the newer retros' uppers are soft and flimsy in comparison. Squeeze the upper between your thumb and forefinger on the older XIs and compare it to the post-DMP releases and it's obvious.

not sure how old the complainers are but im assuming old enough to evoke an emotional connection but with all these emotions/sentiment talk just reminds me how no one really got them around 2000 beside the OGs growing up with Js (i know the sneaker world is a totally diff beast now). is it really sentiment from '88 or emotions from Supreme that put elephant print in another stratosphere on the pantheon of streetwear ? im in on these, hope they aren't difficult like TBs but black cements really don't sit ever since 'preme. im sure the OGs are copping for the 30th of the 3s regardless.

You're fooling yourself if you actually believe the "we lost the molds excuse".

Them not doing it to OG form gives them an excuse to rerelease them in a few years a tad bit closer to OG form and basically double the profits. Prime example: 2012 vs 2016 WCIV. Yall have the right to be mad. Not giving you crap for that. I'm just saying, this is what's on Nike's mind. Money and marketing.
Bro that was addressed to Nike/Jb but thanks for pointing out the obvious. I get it, but I’m not 100% that Nike deliberately jacks up the mold.....now materials and Nike Air/Jumpan, yes. Point is for Niketalk is a community forum and if you settle then we never get the OG shape. I’m just tired of that same answer.

Bro that was addressed to Nike/Jb but thanks for pointing out the obvious. I get it, but I’m not 100% that Nike deliberately jacks up the mold, materials and Nike Air/Jumpan yes. Point is for Niketalk is a community forum and if you settle then we never get the OG shape. I’m just tired of that same answer.

Then I guess you won't be buying any Jordans any time soon :lol:

One of the best recent examples are the Bordeaux 7. Yeah they fixed the shape and added green to the tongue, but it had that ugly toe speed bump and the midsole was too dark. Changes people passed on, and reason to cop the next version.
The speed bump was waaaay too easy to remove to pass over. It takes like 8 seconds and an iron.

There's one other big difference that never gets brought up in here, and it goes for all XIs released after the original DMP: They took the firm foam out of the upper. The OGs and earlier retros, there is very firm foam padding on the inside of the cordura upper. All the newer retros' uppers are soft and flimsy in comparison. Squeeze the upper between your thumb and forefinger on the older XIs and compare it to the post-DMP releases and it's obvious.
And they removed whatever made the ankle collar stiff on the OG for the 2000 release. The 1st retro was as trash as any.

And they removed whatever made the ankle collar stiff on the OG for the 2000 release. The 1st retro was as trash as any.

18 years of disappointment...? Maybe time to let it go and find something more satisfying in your life.

The thing is fellas. If you don’t like any one iteration or retro all you have to do is wait. Sure it can be agonizing but in time they’re going to drop whatever it is you’re looking for again and maybe, they’ll get it right-ish.

Or. You can grab the iteration you like and make it wearable again.

Back
Top Bottom