Air Jordan III Black Cement Release?

Today's Sportswear has come through with numerous restocks. These past 2 years they have restocked the wolf grey 5s, bordeaux 7s and true blue 3s. The Concords are getting restocked in a week or 2 and the black cements are getting restocked in March.
i might have to make a trip up north...smh...never thought i'd be traveling 'the world' hahaha for kix...verify name of spot is "Today's Sportswear"?  what city is it in...i'm looking to grab a pair of concords size 13/14, puuuhhleeeease put me on to this stores info.

Ya this guy is talking about one specific store (boutique, not a major retailer) that has a few pairs they are putting out for sale to their local customers.  This is not e restock or a re release.  They held pairs, and now they are selling some to generate hype/business/awareness.  How are you guys not seeing what TS is saying?

A Re-release is done at major retailers and has a planned, calendar release date.  A restock is when the company that makes the product has more of the product in their warehouse and ships them to their accounts to refill the stock in their store (online included of major retailers).  What TS is talking about is neither of these, just a local boutique in Canada that held back some pairs (like Moe's did in NYC but not at those stock levels) of releases over the past 14 months and are putting some out on shelves.

This is the same thing that new HoH and Niketown stores do when they have their grand openings.  They will have maybe a FSR of releases from the past 12-18 months to generate hype about the stores release and to get the place packed out the first day.  If you live near this guy in Toronto, then lucky you, go grab ya some sneakers you missed.  Otherwise, you'll need to hop a plane if you want any of these.

Last edited:
Here is a pic of their display.  The few pairs of Concords they have release Jan 19th for $209, and all of the shoes in the pic will have some pairs for sale by March.  Pretty cool of this store to do, wish we had one like this near me.

Today's Sportswear disply window:

Damn bro I know that feel
mean.gif
My black cat iii's were stolen a couple of years ago
My black cat III's were stolen also. My favorite III's too.   It's a terrible feeling.

yeah thats gotta be Today's Sportswear at Pacific Mall. They did some pretty decent re-releases last year too. I'll take your word for it but Ill make a pit stop up to PMall in the coming days/weeks

Thanks for the posting btw repping Toronto!

Today's Sportswear has come through with numerous restocks. These past 2 years they have restocked the wolf grey 5s, bordeaux 7s and true blue 3s. The Concords are getting restocked in a week or 2 and the black cements are getting restocked in March.

You mean last year alone? all 3 drops that you mentioned happened last year lol

So..... Nothing confirmed on these re-release w/ NA, right? Cuz I'm pending to trade my extra Cav 4s with the 2011 BC3s.

So..... Nothing confirmed on these re-release w/ NA, right? Cuz I'm pending to trade my extra Cav 4s with the 2011 BC3s.

This is a thread about a re-release in Toronto, Canada for about 4 retros from last year (XIs from xmas 2011).

Not about any "rumours" of NA on these BC3s

Here is a pic of their display.  The few pairs of Concords they have release Jan 19th for $209, and all of the shoes in the pic will have some pairs for sale by March.  Pretty cool of this store to do, wish we had one like this near me.

Today's Sportswear disply window:

View media item 221407

Yea this is it. I'm pretty sure they wont sell out that fast cause I got the flint xiii's and cement iii's a month after they restocked back in 2011.

i might have to make a trip up north...smh...never thought i'd be traveling 'the world' hahaha for kix...verify name of spot is "Today's Sportswear"?  what city is it in...i'm looking to grab a pair of concords size 13/14, puuuhhleeeease put me on to this stores info.

Depending on which city you live in, I dont think it's worth coming to Toronto for the shoes unless you want to visit for a couple of days :lol:

The store is called Today's Sportswear and there's a few of them in Toronto. The pic of the display case is from the store in Pacific Mall (huge Asian mall) located in the Toronto metropolitan area. Phone number is (905) 479-3019 .

Last edited:
These are an in-store only release. They have a website, but they've been working on putting it up for some time now 
grin.gif

is it stupid if they sell out?

is it stupid if they make more money this time with a nike air on the back and a increasing price?
it seems smart now, but in the long run more supply = less demand. JB knows this 

it seems smart now, but in the long run more supply = less demand. JB knows this 
I have tried to explain the business reasoning behind this. How marketers have it down to a science. I know this from my one marketing class. I could only imagine how good people who work for a large marketing firm for years are at this. But it is truly pointless explaining it. A bunch of people with next to no business knowledge/background will argue their false counterarguments to death and truly believe what they are saying is true.

Just let it rest.

Business and rational logic is pretty much lost on the vast majority on here. We're talking about teenagers and hood rats who just want to voice an opinion with nothing behind it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom