Air Jordan Future Featuring xi sole 2014

Damn, didn't realize so many colors of the Futures had released. The brown and the light green joints are pretty clean. I would cop for under $100. Hopefully they drop down close to $70.

First pair of Futures i owned ^^. Talk about Neon-Icon status. 

Still rock em from time to time.

Last edited:
 picked these up for 99.00 at jimmy jazz in the mall have to admit i was on the fence on the futures.  On foot they are amazingly light and at this price i couldnt pass up. i would love to buy a few more CWs but only below retail i still think they are priced too high

roll.gif
you're mad mate!!

So I had the squeaking problem with my black/white futures (original ones with the black bottom....non-premium).  Got another pair (different retailer) and had the same problem (now in both shoes...worse in the left....the 1st pair was left only).  Going to try one last time to order another one (and return the one I just got).  BUT...is this a problem with those first production runs or something?  Store employees have told me they haven't heard of any issues.  I don't want one of the newer colorways b/c I refuse to get any white-soled shoes...I love how the black bottom of these stays looking new forever.

Note that baby powder did nothing.  Has anyone else had this problem with squeaking?  It's not related to the floor surface; you can hear it on the carpet...it's a creaking kind of squeak...not a loud squeak like when walking with fresh shoes on the court.  If this happens with the 3rd pair, I'm giving up!  Which would be tragic b/c these are the most comfortable pair of shoes I own, and people comment on how great they look all the time.  They're so much more comfortable than all of my retros, including XIs.....

Please let me know if you've had this problem, or if you own this black/white colorway and DON'T have this problem...thanks!

what exactly is the squeaking problem? you mean like when you step and lift up your feet there's a small squeak? if so I had that same "issue" with Diadoras when I used to wear them. i think it has to do with there being a lil room between your heel and the shoe that causes air to squeak out. May need a thicker sock

just guessing tho

Thanks for the reply.  It's when you step down.  I can reproduce it when the shoe is not on my foot by pressing down around the right side of the jumpman stamp on the insole.  It appears to be the air bag.  Lifting up the insole and pressing down on the insole also reproduces the squeak.  Maybe all futures are like this, and I'm just particular sensitive to imperfections....

Thanks for the reply.  It's when you step down.  I can reproduce it when the shoe is not on my foot by pressing down around the right side of the jumpman stamp on the insole.  It appears to be the air bag.  Lifting up the insole and pressing down on the insole also reproduces the squeak.  Maybe all futures are like this, and I'm just particular sensitive to imperfections....
yea, that might just be faulty design or poorly assembled. may be able to glue down that part so that it doesn't raise up but yikes, kinda makes me weary about getting a pair.
told you bro, they are clean as HELL
I should have listened. but pics ain't as clean as real life. them navy joints and the black ones are on my list. haven't seen the green or grey ones so they are maybe's

yea, that might just be faulty design or poorly assembled. may be able to glue down that part so that it doesn't raise up but yikes, kinda makes me weary about getting a pair.
told you bro, they are clean as HELL

I should have listened. but pics ain't as clean as real life. them navy joints and the black ones are on my list. haven't seen the green or grey ones so they are maybe's

i need the grey and navy for $100 each. if someone finds em for that low hit me up then im done til lows drop so hopefully those will slide to under $100

I don't think there's anything that can be glued down.  I thought it might be the insole rubbing, but I lifted that up, and pushed down under that to reproduce the squeak...it's definitely not the insole.  I just read a few people on nike.com on the futures page complain about squeaking.  I'm hesitant to order the same colorway again...maybe a defect in that production.  However, I don't like any other colorways b/c of the white soles...I have like 30 pairs of shoes (retro jordans, AM90s, AM1s, AM360, AT3s), but still would miss not having any futures...it sounds completely insane to say that!  I think I'll try one more time...if those squeak I'll submit a claim with Nike and wait for a colorway to come out that I want.  Still interested to hear if anyone else with this colorway who's worn them a lot and does NOT have this problem?

There's two lows that I 100% want and may cop retail:

Gonna make these into BREDs

Prob leave these as is...or paint em black or full on purple

I don't think there's anything that can be glued down.  I thought it might be the insole rubbing, but I lifted that up, and pushed down under that to reproduce the squeak...it's definitely not the insole.  I just read a few people on nike.com on the futures page complain about squeaking.  I'm hesitant to order the same colorway again...maybe a defect in that production.  However, I don't like any other colorways b/c of the white soles...I have like 30 pairs of shoes (retro jordans, AM90s, AM1s, AM360, AT3s), but still would miss not having any futures...it sounds completely insane to say that!  I think I'll try one more time...if those squeak I'll submit a claim with Nike and wait for a colorway to come out that I want.  Still interested to hear if anyone else with this colorway who's worn them a lot and does NOT have this problem?
NIke won't take em back and send a replacement for free?

They'll take a return and provide a gift card credit...then I purchase a new pair.  Problem is that they don't have any colorways I want b/c I refuse to get any white soled ones...The wolf grey is a candidate, however, I really want a black upper.

laugh.gif

bruh, if those release ( If the colorways havent been scrapped yet... ) you should be able to cop those on discount easily. aint no one buying those up
id buy the purple/gold ones… i think they're dope

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom