Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

I feel NIKE AIR should ONLY be on OG colorways. These retro + colorways aren't worthy. :smh: Just like they did with the 1999 IV's (Cements, Oreos, Columbias).

This is because I have integrity for the history...I was there...ONLY buy OG colorways...and I'm an admitted OG purist snob. :rofl:

Can't tell me nothin!

tenor.gif

Instead they’re irrelevant just like every other retro+ cw.
Maybe so. But I really like that shoe regardless. But, if they would have put NA on those and every 4 there after, it increases the chance of making the OG color retros irrelevant also. Nike Air was originally branded on certain colors, certain years. It really needs to stay that way. Or your just taking away from the value of them. Sentimentally and historically. MJ worn pairs should be held to a different standard. Not limited, but on a higher plateau.

I’m with the crowd that if the shoe had NA originally, it should be on that retro regardless of the colorway. That feature/aspect was part of the model. It needs to be there. It absolutely does not take away from the OG colorways.

Maybe so. But I really like that shoe regardless. But, if they would have put NA on those and every 4 there after, it increases the chance of making the OG color retros irrelevant also. Nike Air was originally branded on certain colors, certain years. It really needs to stay that way. Or your just taking away from the value of them. Sentimentally and historically. MJ worn pairs should be held to a different standard. Not limited, but on a higher plateau.
This is pretty much how I feel about it. I certainly wouldn't be mad if they put NA on everything. I said lowkey lol.

If they are going to keep using the jumpman for the most part on non og colorways I think it makes sense to make it OG colorway only. They are hardly using them on anything else anyhow. Unless my memory sucks lol.

Edit: OK now that I'm thinking about it, I assume it goes on all or most of the the SE 3-6s. It’s on some limited type stuff also. Is that how they do it?

Last edited:
As much as Nike Air looks better on well, everything they were on originally, if a new color drops with a Jumpman it dont bother me at all.
To keep the NA branding only on OG colors would make them more valued to the consumer that had and or wants that original throwback feel. If they just start slapping NA on EVERY new color they come out with, it kind of takes away from the true original colorways that Jordan actually wore. Thus making NA not mean that much anymore. Especially to the younger gen that does not potentially share the same appreciation we do.
I feel NIKE AIR should ONLY be on OG colorways. These retro + colorways aren't worthy. :smh: Just like they did with the 1999 IV's (Cements, Oreos, Columbias).

This is because I have integrity for the history...I was there...ONLY buy OG colorways...and I'm an admitted OG purist snob. :rofl:

Can't tell me nothin!

tenor.gif
Here’s the thing, though:
Had they never gone down the stupid road of replacing NA with the Jumpman in the first place, we wouldn’t even be having this discussion/debate. It’s only because they did something we all hated for years that there’s now even this thought that NA should be reserved for OG colorways only, or that having NA back on the heel of retros is special. It’s only special because these clowns took it away for so long, which was lame as **** from the jump. I don’t see it as special whatsoever. I just see it as correcting a galactic error that never should’ve happened. Colorways have nothing to do with it for me.

Had they never gone down the stupid road of replacing NA with the Jumpman in the first place, we wouldn’t even be having this discussion/debate. It’s only because they did something we all hated for years that there’s now even this thought that NA should be reserved for OG colorways only, or that having NA back on the heel of retros is special. It’s only special because these clowns took it away for so long, which was lame as **** from the jump. I don’t see it as special whatsoever. I just see it as correcting a galactic error that never should’ve happened. Colorways have nothing to do with it for me.
Very good point.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Should of never left in the first place.

Thank the Columbia and Oreo 4s and Laney 5s for that. 4s would have looked odd since the back tabs were leather. Laney 5s would’ve looked decent.

Thank the Columbia and Oreo 4s and Laney 5s for that. 4s would have looked odd since the back tabs were leather. Laney 5s would’ve looked decent.
I’m not even mad at what they tried to do with those early retro+ 4s. They didn’t just slap a jumpman on the back, they also upgraded the materials and changed up the entire look of the shoe to the point where it became something new and different and squarely lifestyle. The jumpman actually works on the leather tab as you’ve alluded to, which suggests that early on they knew just how terrible and empty the plastic tab looked with it. They can throw jumpman on the leather tab all day long and it won’t bother me. There can be a lane for both.

The issue was when they made the decision to lazily replace the NA on everything without making any other updates to compensate for it. As rainking rainking pointed out, there was no reason to make the change in the first place although it’s clear that a significant amount of people subscribe to the false logic that it keeps the og cws special.

I never personally liked the idea of Jordan brand as a separate company. they are Nike shoes made and sold by Nike they should be branded to reflect that. there are so many pairs I would have bought if they had NA. man those navy 3's coming out would have been an instant classic and would have gone down in history as a great if that jumpman would have not been there.

I’m not even mad at what they tried to do with those early retro+ 4s. They didn’t just slap a jumpman on the back, they also upgraded the materials and changed up the entire look of the shoe to the point where it became something new and different and squarely lifestyle. The jumpman actually works on the leather tab as you’ve alluded to, which suggests that early on they knew just how terrible and empty the plastic tab looked with it. They can throw jumpman on the leather tab all day long and it won’t bother me. There can be a lane for both.

The issue was when they made the decision to lazily replace the NA on everything without making any other updates to compensate for it. As rainking rainking pointed out, there was no reason to make the change in the first place although it’s clear that a significant amount of people subscribe to the false logic that it keeps the og cws special.

I think that jumpman seems to work on the leather because both are out of place. imagine a NA on that same leather tab to me there would be no comparison. and I dont mean the embossed lame NA like the GS sizes or the 95 neon 4's but an actual plastic NA instead of jumpman on leather.

I never personally liked the idea of Jordan brand as a separate company. they are Nike shoes made and sold by Nike they should be branded to reflect that. there are so many pairs I would have bought if they had NA. man those navy 3's coming out would have been an instant classic and would have gone down in history as a great if that jumpman would have not been there.
I hear ya. It would be my preference as well. I’ll probably be done with all this by the time they put NA on a pair of Military Blue 4s. But at least I’ve seen my beloved Maroon 6s and now the Carmines get the NA treatment.

^Well said! The arguments I've heard against NA branding are not really strong imo. As this fella essentially pointed out: "The history/preservation"-argument is a paradox as it relates to Retros.

I've also noticed that when a Non-OG colorway has NA branding (besides Collabs) at least it fits the narrative/theme for the release. 'What The' 4s have NA because its supposed to be a mashup of all the OG 4s, and the Tinker 3s have NA because it's supposed to reflect what could have been in '88.

Back
Top Bottom