Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

There’s deff non OG colorways that look great without the NA branding. But OG colors, need NA now. This my last go round for Js tho. After I get the OG colors I want wit NA, and other OGs, I’m donezo...
There’s deff non OG colorways that look great without the NA branding. But OG colors, need NA now. This my last go round for Js tho. After I get the OG colors I want wit NA, and other OGs, I’m donezo...
Agreed. Once I have all the OG colorwars with the NA im out

I wonder if these are getting pushed back. No photos on SNKRS, no shock drop yet, and StockX shows release day of 2/20

more like sneaker junkies
Absolutely
I like the 2014 and give two ****s of what anyone thinks of that. Have we forgot the days where NA branding was considered long gone? People liked what they gave us because thats all we had at the time. This release is a god send compared to what we used to have. But dont discount the hype and anticipation we all had at that time. Because it was there. Its easy now to take the NA elitist stance. But at that time, we really didnt know if we would see it again. Chill out guys.
I stopped collecting Js because of the loss of Nike Air and the thought I would never get my first pair of Jordans retrod. I’m still waiting for the black tongue fire red 5s to get a retro. I don’t count releases that don’t even have the entire back of the shoe changed with a jumpman, so the 2006 release was yet another easy pass.

So I’ve always taken the NA “elitist” stance. I’ve never bought for myself a 3-6 with a jumpman on the back. Unfortunately I’m in the extreme minority which really does confuse me. Would everyone be ok with them replacing the swoosh on the AJ1 with a jumpman? I guess so and that’s sad to me. Literally sad.
People always do that with every model and I'll never understand it. You can go look at the 2012 version of the Playoff 11s and they are going for the same or more then the 2019. Those shoes are dog**** in comparison to the 2019 and 7 years older. It makes zero sense to buy the 2012. Zero. There is a whole sale log of people still paying 4 or 5 bills for them though lol.

It's just more proof that a lot of people don’t care about any of the things we discuss in here lol.
Exactly. Another sad truth. It’s mind boggling to see what I consider obsolete prior releases fetching a pretty penny on StockX or whatever.
Personally I don’t even count the jumpman versions of 3-6 as retros.
This is the first carmine retro as far as I’m concerned. I realize I’m in the slim minority.
This is exactly how I look at it but you know this! If most people hadn’t bought the bastardized jumpman versions like the minority like me, we would’ve gotten Nike Air back with the quickness. I can’t help but blame every single person who bought them. And I know it’s most people even the OGs. Even the OGs that are pickier than me which is mind boggling. Would the majority be ok with the swoosh being replaced in favor of a jumpman on the AJ1? Because that’s what they did to the 3-6. And the majority thought and still thinks that it’s “close enough”? I honestly don’t get it.

But here we are now and I’m geeked to have the first retro of the Carmines! And every time I think of it legit thrilled at the THOUGHT of eventually getting a retro of my black tongue fire red 5s.

People unknowingly getting ripped off with fakes and retros that don’t even come close to the og are my two biggest pet peeves, the former getting worse and worse and the latter thankfully getting better.
Those jumpman OG colorways are gone the second I hear about the NA pairs coming out. Like a lot of others it doesn't bother me much on the non OG colorways.

I lowkey kind of want NA to only be on the OGs.
:smh: I will never understand this. The Nike Air branding is inherent to the model itself not the colorway. There’s a big reason why everyone agrees that the NA looks better than the jumpman. Tinker designed the shoe to have NA there. It fits beautifully.
As much as Nike Air looks better on well, everything they were on originally, if a new color drops with a Jumpman it dont bother me at all.
To keep the NA branding only on OG colors would make them more valued to the consumer that had and or wants that original throwback feel. If they just start slapping NA on EVERY new color they come out with, it kind of takes away from the true original colorways that Jordan actually wore. Thus making NA not mean that much anymore. Especially to the younger gen that does not potentially share the same appreciation we do.
I couldn’t disagree with this more. The jumpman should have never replaced the Nike Air to begin with. If it hadn’t would we still be talking about a need to keep the OG colorways special?
Again, what about 1s? And what are we doing with 7+ to keep the ogs special?

Aesthetics is everything here. It’s a logo lol it’s not some cherished special thing that we’ve only ever seen on those models. It simply looks better because that’s how they were designed and it would also look better on new cws.
Exactly. And this whole post is perfect. Us engineers must think alike!!! :pimp::pimp::pimp:
Here’s the thing, though:
Had they never gone down the stupid road of replacing NA with the Jumpman in the first place, we wouldn’t even be having this discussion/debate. It’s only because they did something we all hated for years that there’s now even this thought that NA should be reserved for OG colorways only, or that having NA back on the heel of retros is special. It’s only special because these clowns took it away for so long, which was lame as **** from the jump. I don’t see it as special whatsoever. I just see it as correcting a galactic error that never should’ve happened. Colorways have nothing to do with it for me.
THANK YOU!! Thank you thank you thank you. I tried to paraphrase this but you said it better than I could. They should have never replaced the NA with a jumpman to begin with. Colorways have nothing to do with it like you said. Brilliant post man. I passionately (lol) agree with every single word there. I had to keep highlighting what I agreed with the most in this post but realized it was every word 😂

3BF840AA-5CC9-410B-8F5D-1850ECAB990A.jpeg

They actually did try. Lol

I destroyed a pair of those Jumpman 1s in High School as well. A few years ago, I purchased a DS pair to just enjoy having them. I like the oddball stuff. No fusions.

Absolutely

I stopped collecting Js because of the loss of Nike Air and the thought I would never get my first pair of Jordans retrod. I’m still waiting for the black tongue fire red 5s to get a retro. I don’t count releases that don’t even have the entire back of the shoe changed with a jumpman, so the 2006 release was yet another easy pass.

So I’ve always taken the NA “elitist” stance. I’ve never bought for myself a 3-6 with a jumpman on the back. Unfortunately I’m in the extreme minority which really does confuse me. Would everyone be ok with them replacing the swoosh on the AJ1 with a jumpman? I guess so and that’s sad to me. Literally sad.

Exactly. Another sad truth. It’s mind boggling to see what I consider obsolete prior releases fetching a pretty penny on StockX or whatever.

This is exactly how I look at it but you know this! If most people hadn’t bought the bastardized jumpman versions like the minority like me, we would’ve gotten Nike Air back with the quickness. I can’t help but blame every single person who bought them. And I know it’s most people even the OGs. Even the OGs that are pickier than me which is mind boggling. Would the majority be ok with the swoosh being replaced in favor of a jumpman on the AJ1? Because that’s what they did to the 3-6. And the majority thought and still thinks that it’s “close enough”? I honestly don’t get it.

But here we are now and I’m geeked to have the first retro of the Carmines! And every time I think of it legit thrilled at the THOUGHT of eventually getting a retro of my black tongue fire red 5s.

People unknowingly getting ripped off with fakes and retros that don’t even come close to the og are my two biggest pet peeves, the former getting worse and worse and the latter thankfully getting better.

:smh: I will never understand this. The Nike Air branding is inherent to the model itself not the colorway. There’s a big reason why everyone agrees that the NA looks better than the jumpman. Tinker designed the shoe to have NA there. It fits beautifully.
There's a reason I said lowkey and not I really want or really wish the NA was only on OG colorways. It's just a thought I've had. It would separate the eras and it would make it them a bit more meaningful to ME. At the end of the day I prefer NA.

I see people wondering all the time before pics if we are getting NA or Jumpmans on some stuff. They should just better define what gets it and what doesn't since they don't seem inclined to get rid of the Jumpman. If they got rid of the Jumpman that's a whole different story. I'd be in for that.

Absolutely not. Thats a HUGE design change in the shoe in comparison to simply slapping a different logo in the back of it.
It’s actually not any different. Back vs side. I posted the photo of the jumpman 1s as a joke and so far nothing but love for those abominations. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I give up. Maybe they’ll go back to those so people can have their grails back.

It’s actually not any different. Back vs side. I posted the photo of the jumpman 1s as a joke and so far nothing but love for those abominations. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I give up. Maybe they’ll go back to those so people can have their grails back.
Someone posting a memory having a shoe in their younger days really does not show love in my eyes. People bought what was available. The Jumpman was available. Nike Air was not. The thought of holding out for the next release to get right was not there in those times. So we all took what we could get. Would I have bought some Jumpman side 1s? Hell no. But I did when it was on the tongue. Nike Air is and looks better. We ALL know this. But it does not take away from the fact most thought at a time we wouldnt see it again. JM branding are abominations now, they were not as aweful looking to people back then. Even though we didnt love it. I didnt hate it either.

Tinker designed the shoe to have NA there. It fits beautifully.
Yes it does. But you do realize Tinker was wanting to get rid of the NA branding starting with the 3. The Jumpman was his goal to start dominating the shoe and Nike was having none of it. In the book Driven from Within, he states that he had to quietly make the Nike Air less significant through his designs to showcase what their true intent was. The Jumpman.

Yes it does. But you do realize Tinker was wanting to get rid of the NA branding starting with the 3. The Jumpman was his goal to start dominating the shoe and Nike was having none of it. In the book Driven from Within, he states that he had to quietly make the Nike Air less significant through his designs to showcase what their true intent was. The Jumpman.
Facts. Doesn’t change the fact that the NA looks and fits better but it’s fascinating to think about.

The official pics that dropped today don't look like NDC pics. Maybe from another retailer idk. But shock drop wont usually happen until NDC pics surface

Back
Top Bottom