Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

maybe it's the age of 30 creeping around the corner...

I just can't justify paying $175 for these when a) I know I can't hoop in them, and are better of getting a nike basketball product made for that..... and b) these are nothing like the ones I remember growing up and admiring/wanting

I would end up wearing these maybe 10 times max before collecting dust in my closet = $18 a wear. By the time I would want to sell them to a happy home, they will be re-retroed (and probably with a nike air by that time since JB seems to be getting desperate to keep my demographic on payroll)

/rant

maybe it's the age of 30 creeping around the corner...

I just can't justify paying $175 for these when a) I know I can't hoop in them, and are better of getting a nike basketball product made for that..... and b) these are nothing like the ones I remember growing up and admiring/wanting

I would end up wearing these maybe 10 times max before collecting dust in my closet = $18 a wear. By the time I would want to sell them to a happy home, they will be re-retroed (and probably with a nike air by that time since JB seems to be getting desperate to keep my demographic on payroll)

/rant

Exactly this for me...I just bought the blac/red XIII, they will prolly be worn a max of 10 times and then never seen again, and not to start the quality argument but my shoes from nike basketball are made with so much more "love" lol and 10 times as comfortable

Tryin to decide if I want to Seaglow these? Ive never used that stuff but want the icey sole to stay just that "ICEY"! That yellow just dont go well on these lol

frown.gif

I'm tossed up between these and a pair of zoom turf 97s. If I do get them I'm going to throw some red laces on them, I don't like how white laces look in air jordan Vs. they make the shoe look dirty and bring more attention to the un winnable war against yellowing/browning of the soles and nets.

I've noticed that some people have said "I'm passing on these to get the grapes".

Don't the Grapes come out in like April or May?? Does a January purchase really affect a April/May purchase? There's like 10 paychecks in between the two releases...

For real, doe?!

QFT. Like dudes be thinking they're so smart by saying that ish.

I dont think they are doing the lottery this time for
these I can't find any info about it

People need to understand that the raffle system will not apply to ALL jordan releases. Just the really limited and/or hyped releases such as holiday releases, ASG, QSs etc. Raffles and RSVP will not be the norm for every release. Not trying to be negetive but it seems like most people on here WANT the raffle/ RSVP for every release. Almost like they accept it as reality for all releases and to me that is sad. Maybe it a location thing but every store I asked where I'm at has said FCFS. Like it should be. Anything else is absurd for a GR. To whom it may concern stop buying into the hype by being all ready to get screwed by a raffle/RSVP.

Last edited:
mines is FCFS idk whats wrong with where yall live its a GR why raffle it and dont think cuz u dont get that call u cant show up in the am and wont have a pair for u 

Staying strong and not copping. So far I passed on the Chicago 1s (DMP quality :x) and the Bred 13s (3m) In my younger days I would have probably copped all but with the price hikes and JB trolling with the NA white cement 3s, I know JB will retro these again the right way. Royal 1s in Feb are the only Jordans in my book that are worth copping this year so far

My area is handing out tickets at 5pm on wednesday.. I truly don't understand what they're trying to accomplish by doing this. This is just like letting people camp hours before the release date on a saturday and that's exactly what will happen. People will line up early that morning to get that ticket.

This is about the stupidest thing I've ever witnessed. I thought the purpose in making a change is to stop people from camping.

So far in the Bay Area, Malls are doing Raffles for EVERY release regardless how limited or hyped Jordans are..I called Stoneridge (Pleasanton) , Sunvalley (Concord) & Hilltop. All stores are doing raffles on different days. Even if theres 4-5 per size these will sell out so theres still a chance you some of us might not be able to cop.

thats just dumb why bring luck into it if u have enough for who ever comes first to just get it smh raffles are dumb for GRs and i would stop coppin there if i was u

sorry if already been posted. Here's the story if you don't know why he was wearing the #12 jersey. It was a game vs. the Magic.  He wore #12 as an emergency uniform during the 1990-1991 season after his uniforms were stolen from the visitors locker room.  With no name on the jersey Jordan scored a game high 49 points in a victory over the Magic

That incident actually happened back in the 1989-90 season. I know because I actually saw the game with my father live when it happened. And two, he wore those fire red 5s in the 89-90 season. He wore the other Fire Reds at the start of the 1990-91 season, then switched it to the White Infrareds VIs around the All Star Break.

Also I'm guessing you copied/pasted your post from yahoo answers. :lol:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090120161013AAqTEfO

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom