Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

The only thing I was looking forward to was the removal of the 23 on the side. That alone would of been fine. The blue sole wasn't necessary, but then again, they've been going with the blue tint soles the past couple of years now so I guess this was to be expected. Just doesn't look right on this particular shoe, and like some have mentioned, looks almost identical to the independence day V's

Spot on 100000%%!! It's the red, it makes a huge difference on a shoe.

Last edited:
I agree. They look terrible. WTF is up with that stupid high tongue and blue tinted rubber? Looks like ****. These are one of my favorites too. I was really looking forward to getting these. Not now.
A lot of people were looking foward to getting these who skipped the cdp v's because of the quality on those. A LOT of people will get these because they can't talk themselves out of not wanting them. Looks like next year will be the year of the butchered v's. Might as well throw in the viii's because I have a feelin',that jb is gonna be a major letdown!

99% of the time, yes, because they probably have never seen what a good quality Jordan looks like, and you will see that they are not small details.

99% of the time, I don't even bother or comment on these things or what people's opinions are, but spizike231 actually knows what the hell he's talking about.

These shoes look okay not amazing. Will probably purchase a pair.

Look at the Black/Blue 1's that are coming back next year, that's a prime example of how JB can come through when they really care and try.

But it's like beating the same old drum over and over again. No one will ever be happy, while newcomers tend to not care as much.
044159e6e0b6bbae9a223ead74efee75883a7b7.gif

Last edited:
Not surprised by the blue tinted look on these V's. I've noticed that ever since the wolf grey and black metallic v's from 2011 they've been using blue tinted soles...looks noticeably off on OG colorways but at least they got the shape right...

I love the black metallic V's and couldn't buy that crap they put out in 2011 :x...had to stick with my 07's. At least for now, these look decent...

The blue tinted sole does not matter to me whatsoever.

And yes, I had the OGs and the 2000s.

QFT

for someone who had a pair of OG back in 1990 i'm just happy they even retroed. Some of you guys should just stop moaning as if it really matters.. i bet most of you don't even have the OG pair when they first released. If you don't like it then don't buy... just don't insult other people who are happy about this release.

Last edited:
i always called these ones the white & black
& the other (with the red midsole/black tongue) the fire red
i should have pushed years ago to get both those into the lexicon!
I like that. It seems more fitting to call the ones with a ton of Fire Red to be called the "Fire Reds."

IM PASSING ON THIS ****, I'D RATHER COP WHITE INFRARED 6s CUZ THEY LOOK LIKE A BETTER TALLER VERSION OF THESE

I have a pair of once worn CDP 5s, so I'm in no hurry for these. I like the 23 on the side; adds more character, I think. I'll make my final decision on release day though. There's way too many releases between now and then for me to worry about getting these at the moment. 

shape looks right. Nothing makes me angrier than having them called fire red's when it is a varsity red. All I want is fire red!

Those pics make me want to get them. But my wallet is going to be hurting after Christmas, might just get the black/red XIII's instead.

They look really really good...it takes me back to when i first started buying jordan's...it was around the V era (06 ish)...next year's gonna be nostalgic sorta

These look way off. The red isn't bright enough. The black isnt black enough. And the sole throws it way off. The tinted sole is such a joke. They yellow faster than regular soles.

Back
Top Bottom