Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

The blue tint is TOO BLUE imo. Just doesn't look right on the V. Still rather have the clear sole they usually have. Guess I'm just old school
the blue sole works on a select few shoes and thats it. wish they would make them clear, because they will yellow regardless

Its either the Laneys or the red midsole fire reds that will release on black Friday.

I'm just curious to see which 5 "sample" that has been floating on the net the past few weeks will be the 23rd anniversary version.

My guess for Black Friday 2013 is the Aqua 8s.

I only guessed the 5s because it'll be the 23rd anniversary of the 5s that year.

Aqua 8s, if they do release, would be pretty crazy on BF.

Video Of the 2013 Release along with the 2012 Thunder IV's

Looks at join date..
Looks at SN..
eyes.gif
So his join date and screen name means he doesn't no ish about shoes? Maybe he just doesn't feel like crying over small details and things he can't change. Some of you dudes are extremely girlie and clownish.

i dont know whatchall talkin bout i like these to look a little different than other releases it lets you know that you can spot out
the 2012 version from the 99 version, cdp and the Ogs i mean if they came out the exact same way as these other shoes og heads would be mad
right just like i hear dudes is real salty about the thunder 4s that are dropping it kills the exclusivity

So his join date and screen name means he doesn't no ish about shoes? Maybe he just doesn't feel like crying over small details and things he can't change. Some of you dudes are extremely girlie and clownish.

99% of the time, yes, because they probably have never seen what a good quality Jordan looks like, and you will see that they are not small details.

99% of the time, I don't even bother or comment on these things or what people's opinions are, but spizike231 actually knows what the hell he's talking about.

These shoes look okay not amazing. Will probably purchase a pair.

Look at the Black/Blue 1's that are coming back next year, that's a prime example of how JB can come through when they really care and try.

But it's like beating the same old drum over and over again. No one will ever be happy, while newcomers tend to not care as much.

Last edited:
99% of the time, yes, because they probably have never seen what a good quality Jordan looks like, and you will see that they are not small details.
99% of the time, I don't even bother or comment on these things or what people's opinions are, but spizike231 actually knows what the hell he's talking about.
These shoes look okay not amazing. Will probably purchase a pair.
Look at the Black/Blue 1's that are coming back next year, that's a prime example of how JB can come through when they really care and try.
But it's like beating the same old drum over and over again. No one will ever be happy, while newcomers tend to not care as much.
Dude said they look fine to HIM. That's his opinion. The other guys opinion is his own also. If he feels like they aren't fine that's his opinion which he is entitled to also but don't knock the next man because he doesn't agree with you. The quality OG issue is tired. It's 2012 not 1990 whatever. People need to let it go. If the quality is that bad or you don't like the changes don't cop.

Last edited:
Its either the Laneys or the red midsole fire reds that will release on black Friday.

I'm just curious to see which 5 "sample" that has been floating on the net the past few weeks will be the 23rd anniversary version.

My guess for Black Friday 2013 is the Aqua 8s.
I only guessed the 5s because it'll be the 23rd anniversary of the 5s that year.

Aqua 8s, if they do release, would be pretty crazy on BF.
MN just confirmed the Aqua 8s to release in Fall of 2013....lol

Those V's are :wow:

The 4's are cool, decent color way. But I'm not too sure how to feel about that blue tinted sole on the V's, I feel like it kinda throws the color way of the shoe off a bit. I personally prefer the clear bottoms. *shrug*

The 4's are cool, decent color way. But I'm not too sure how to feel about that blue tinted sole on the V's, I feel like it kinda throws the color way of the shoe off a bit. I personally prefer the clear bottoms. *shrug*
I prefer the clear sole also but ain't shi I can do about it so I won't complain.

I agree, there is too much blue tint on the sole. Kind of reminds me of the Independence Day V's that came out last year.

Now I wonder how the Grapes would looks with the blue tinted sole.
sick.gif

This is kind of a shame...shape is OK...I guess JB felt the need to **** these up so they threw in the blue tint?...makes sense

Dude said they look fine to HIM. That's his opinion. The other guys opinion is his own also. If he feels like they aren't fine that's his opinion which he is entitled to also but don't knock the next man because he doesn't agree with you. The quality OG issue is tired. It's 2012 not 1990 whatever. People need to let it go. If the quality is that bad or you don't like the changes don't cop.

I'm not trynna have a heated debate inside of this thread over some new kid who thinks that a shoe w/ something real off about it is perfectly acceptable, but I'll explain a few things to you.

"They look fine to HIM. That's his opinion."
Yes, but he posted asking what we were talkin about. Like we are the stupid ones for thinking that something is off and that they're perfectly fine, nothing wrong at all.

"The quality OG issue is tired. It's 2012 not 1990 whatever."
1990 whatever? Really? The most quality pair of shoes that I own are my DMP XI / VI. (From 2006) They are both made with great quality. So much so, that I pull out my DMP XIs and compare them to the Concords of last year and shake my head dearly. How Jordan Brand can charge 180 for shoes that aren't even 1/2 the quality of those that released in 2006 is beyond me. And apparently the 2000 Concords were even better quality than my DMPs.

"People need to let it go."
If we let it go and don't say anything, we're just going to keep taking it up the rear end with no lube until all of our money falls out and we end up with shoes that don't look anything like the Originals. That's what we all like, right? The way the Originals looked? The ones that Michael wore? Small changes will add up immensely after a few retro rotations. Or are you too new to the game to even care about that? All you care about is how fresh they look on your feet underneath your skinny jeans? Don't care about comfort, or the little details like a nice fresh "firey" red instead of a dull red that was drawn on with a crayon?

"If the quality is that bad or you don't like the changes don't cop."
That's what I do. I slept on the Military IV and the "Fire Red" or "Mars" IVs because the quality wasn't what I liked. If they go on sale at my mall, I'll scoop a pair. I've been waiting for both of those to retro again and I slept. Didn't even regret it.

Us people who have a taste of what Jordan Brand once was will keep complaining because WE are the ones who spend our hard working money on these things, and WE know what we should be getting for it. Those who are fairly new to the game won't really understand, probably because you've never held a pair of quality Jordans in your hands, let alone worn them on your feet. Jordan Brand has the power to change things back, (we saw a pair of custom Vs made for a wedding with the NIKE AIR logo on the heel in 2006 I think it was) and we saw quality in the Banned 1s. We've seen samples of future releases have changes that WE asked for made for the retail versions. Had we not replied on here and voiced our opinions, JB would have just released what we saw on the sample pairs.

This can go on forever, but I bet you get the idea. Go dance around in one of the threads for some corny new limited shoe that JB is throwing out for the beasts. The Fire Red Vs are classics and it kills me to be given some crappy "close enough" retro again like I've been seeing with a lot of shoes I've been waiting for. I'll complain and complain because I know what we should be getting, just like everyone else who has anything from JB that is good quality.

I'm not trynna have a heated debate inside of this thread over some new kid who thinks that a shoe w/ something real off about it is perfectly acceptable, but I'll explain a few things to you.
"They look fine to HIM. That's his opinion."
Yes, but he posted asking what we were talkin about. Like we are the stupid ones for thinking that something is off and that they're perfectly fine, nothing wrong at all.
"The quality OG issue is tired. It's 2012 not 1990 whatever."
1990 whatever? Really? The most quality pair of shoes that I own are my DMP XI / VI. (From 2006) They are both made with great quality. So much so, that I pull out my DMP XIs and compare them to the Concords of last year and shake my head dearly. How Jordan Brand can charge 180 for shoes that aren't even 1/2 the quality of those that released in 2006 is beyond me. And apparently the 2000 Concords were even better quality than my DMPs.
"People need to let it go."
If we let it go and don't say anything, we're just going to keep taking it up the rear end with no lube until all of our money falls out and we end up with shoes that don't look anything like the Originals. That's what we all like, right? The way the Originals looked? The ones that Michael wore? Small changes will add up immensely after a few retro rotations. Or are you too new to the game to even care about that? All you care about is how fresh they look on your feet underneath your skinny jeans? Don't care about comfort, or the little details like a nice fresh "firey" red instead of a dull red that was drawn on with a crayon?
"If the quality is that bad or you don't like the changes don't cop."
That's what I do. I slept on the Military IV and the "Fire Red" or "Mars" IVs because the quality wasn't what I liked. If they go on sale at my mall, I'll scoop a pair. I've been waiting for both of those to retro again and I slept. Didn't even regret it.
Us people who have a taste of what Jordan Brand once was will keep complaining because WE are the ones who spend our hard working money on these things, and WE know what we should be getting for it. Those who are fairly new to the game won't really understand, probably because you've never held a pair of quality Jordans in your hands, let alone worn them on your feet. Jordan Brand has the power to change things back, (we saw a pair of custom Vs made for a wedding with the NIKE AIR logo on the heel in 2006 I think it was) and we saw quality in the Banned 1s. We've seen samples of future releases have changes that WE asked for made for the retail versions. Had we not replied on here and voiced our opinions, JB would have just released what we saw on the sample pairs.
This can go on forever, but I bet you get the idea. Go dance around in one of the threads for some corny new limited shoe that JB is throwing out for the beasts. The Fire Red Vs are classics and it kills me to be given some crappy "close enough" retro again like I've been seeing with a lot of shoes I've been waiting for. I'll complain and complain because I know what we should be getting, just like everyone else who has anything from JB that is good quality.
You're a grown man crying like a girl over stuff you don't have to buy. That's the epitome of girlie goofy shi. Miss me with the younger cat's don't know quality crap. I could careless. I owned OG Jordan's just like you in my childhood yet I'm still not crying over the shi because it's not that serious. Jordan Brand making less quality shoes means absolutely nothing to me because I don't have to waste my money on it if I don't want to. I leave it at that.

Last edited:
The only thing I was looking forward to was the removal of the 23 on the side. That alone would of been fine. The blue sole wasn't necessary, but then again, they've been going with the blue tint soles the past couple of years now so I guess this was to be expected. Just doesn't look right on this particular shoe, and like some have mentioned, looks almost identical to the independence day V's

Back
Top Bottom