Air Jordan 5 OG “Black Metallic” Reimagined 2025 !

IMG_3563.jpeg
IMG_3564.jpeg
IMG_3568.jpeg
I couldn’t wait till 2025 and copped these today

Yeah they are but the shoes are coming up on being nearly 10 years old at this point. Not sure how long they’d be wearable for without midsole issues if you were to unDS

Yeah they are but the shoes are coming up on being nearly 10 years old at this point. Not sure how long they’d be wearable for without midsole issues if you were to unDS
This. I was initially gonna pass on this release depending on how they turn out, but I'll either be in for one or two. The '16 release is only gonna be wearable for so much longer before they're unwearable. My release day pair of '15 Aquas seem to be gradually reaching that point.* The midsoles aren't as firm as they used to be, so I've retired them. While I do have a VNDS pair on standby, I'll definitely re-up with 2 more pairs next year.
20240809_192603.jpg
20240809_192705.jpg

Last edited:
Are those DS? If worn, I'd expect these (and the Aquas) to last much longer than a decade.
Worn. It might just be the paint is cracking from flexing so much, especially since I started wearing them to shootaround on court as well. However, the midsoles are definitely not as firm as they used to be so I'm retiring them just in case.

If you wear a pair periodically, they will not fall apart. There should be no fear to wear these regardless.
True. When I was wearing them every now and then they were fine, but once I started taking them on the court for a couple hours here and there, the aging process definitely got sped up.

True. When I was wearing them every now and then they were fine, but once I started taking them on the court for a couple hours here and there, the aging process definitely got sped up.
Interesting. Idk, me personally, I wouldn't use any AJ retro to ball in now. I just wouldn't trust it.

Interesting. Idk, me personally, I wouldn't use any AJ retro to ball in now. I just wouldn't trust it.
Fair. If it's just for casually shooting around, retros are fine for me. My standards are quite low and my foot health is alright, but I would never use retros for an actual game, be it full court or half court.

Ah ok. I thought you were talking full court runs :lol:
Heck no. My foot health wouldn't be good for very long. :lol: If I had money to get some super good, custom orthotic insoles then maybe I'd use some retros for that type of balling, but even then, I know I'd be better off just getting some performance basketball sneakers.

Heck no. My foot health wouldn't be good for very long. :lol: If I had money to get some super good, custom orthotic insoles then maybe I'd use some retros for that type of balling, but even then, I know I'd be better off just getting some performance basketball sneakers.
Tbh, custom orthotics are really helpful when it comes to fits of retros for me. I have a legit medical issue that needs me to get orthotics that get molded to my foot shape. I pop out the insoles and put them in and all my kicks feel comfortable for the most part.

This. I was initially gonna pass on this release depending on how they turn out, but I'll either be in for one or two. The '16 release is only gonna be wearable for so much longer before they're unwearable. My release day pair of '15 Aquas seem to be gradually reaching that point.* The midsoles aren't as firm as they used to be, so I've retired them. While I do have a VNDS pair on standby, I'll definitely re-up with 2 more pairs next year.
20240809_192603.jpg
20240809_192705.jpg

Kinda crazy, my pair still looks great... how often do you wear yours?

Back
Top Bottom