Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea but grapes got a lot of girls wanting the by the looks of this line. If guys buy these like any typical Jordan they're gonna sell out

This release is going to be exactly like the Fire Reds just a few months ago.  It'll sell out quick on Nike but then people will find out they can't sell them for anything more than retail due to the fact of how many stock each retail store got FNL, FTL, Champs, etc. received and they actually SIT ON SHELVES.  Yes, the Fire Red's sat on shelves and anyone and everyone could buy them and people had a hard to even re-selling them for $180.  The classifieds were flooded with sales for that price.  These grapes will be no different.

silly, so silly. Fire Reds aren't even close to these in my area. Not in the hood and not in the suburbs. Not for the college kids or the trap dudes. Grapes are more popular in every way. More rap music references, seen on tv more, seen on blogs more, etc...

That's all it takes for a winning re-sell market. Not to mention, how fast and cheap you can get rid of them. In my area, some re-sellers who are able to get 30+ pairs of a release such as they, will sell the shoes for $200, thus under cutting other resellers, but making $20 profit on 30 pairs of shoes. (only $20 because they pay kids to stand in line for them). That way, they made $600+ in one day. That's about $20 per hour for a 40 hour work week after taxes. Of course this depends on your area. Around here, the resellers I know sell locally. Feebay and paypal are reserved for shoes that don't move well on craigslist or instagram (jordan 1, kds, kobes, etc...)

well we are a week away and this thread isn't even moving that fast at all so the hype you guys are talking about isn't all there

Sulfurs or grape 5's??

Just stood inline for grape 5 tickets but guys werre ruding the lines and no security guards were doing anything or the stores. My size tickets were gone when i got there. ******** but i have a great chance to pick up some sulfurs or try online for the grapes. I have to get the sulfurs today thoigh if i want them. What yall think?

Sulfurs or grape 5's??

How many does ur typical footlocker get not ur hoh but ur local one at the mall get? How many pairs per size?

funny how many pairs of these are actually around. Between 2 stores in my local mall, there is a little under 160 pairs. Sad to see people to pay over retail for these :smh:

This release is going to be exactly like the Fire Reds just a few months ago.  It'll sell out quick on Nike but then people will find out they can't sell them for anything more than retail due to the fact of how many stock each retail store got FNL, FTL, Champs, etc. received and they actually SIT ON SHELVES.  Yes, the Fire Red's sat on shelves and anyone and everyone could buy them and people had a hard to even re-selling them for $180.  The classifieds were flooded with sales for that price.  These grapes will be no different.
This! Lets be honest people follow the hype, then once the hype, then once the shoe is released it's on to the next pair. These will be just like every other shoe. Nike/JB has popped the bubble and these are going to prove it. These will sell out fast and then they will be everywhere for close to retail.

resellers are trying hard not to beleive it's over so they going to try for another 4-5 releases then things will start balancing out.

Picket up a ticket for my cousin today.

Its a shame how many stores are doing raffles for regular shoes nowadays.

Only one store over here doing fcfs... But people line up and camp man. Im not anout that life lol

I don't understand why a lot of people are thinking just because it's a GR they will be easier to get.

i remember people at the time said the 2006 6/11 dmp was technically a 'general release' or a 'limited general release' whatever that is...

it certainly did not feel like a GR come release day, had people out of state camping at my finishline for em
i don't think these will be that bad, but i do think difficultly will be in between that & what some are saying (easy)

Last edited:
Heres my question regarding the SPA page, say I have multiple SPA pages open. Is each one a different place in line or does that just screw me over?

If you open them in different browsers its a different spot. I use safari and chrome. I let safari refresh on its own and manually refresh the chrome browser they both eventually get in.

See a lot of new Orleans cats spreading the grape love.. 2 pairs for me rock one stash one its all good

Last edited:
Gonna be a ton of these like everyone's saying. It's gonna be a "grape" summer lol

Lol y'all can think they'll be easy to get like the fire red five. Come Saturday you'll see. I mean this thread almost has as many pages as the fire red and them dropped 3 months ago.

Last edited:
I really think that if you do your homework, you should be able to cop with certain ease.

I also think the resell value won't be very high, for the simple fact that they will be mass produce and that a lot of people will hope to make a quick buck. We will see a bunch of pair for resell. That amount of pair on the reseller market will make the price lower than the usual resell price (plus the fact that a lot of people who wanted the pair will be able to get it on release date).

Anyway, I know they will sit for a little bit up here in Canada.

Good luck to everyone! :smokin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom