Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't mind tumbled leather, it looks good on the laneys. It's about time jb switches it up and changes up the OGs a bit.

Don't get me wrong I love tumbled leather, I just wouldn't want to see it on these.
I don't want JB to change anything on the OG's. But that's just my opinion.

If these were tumbled leather, I'd pass.

Tumbled leather on Grapes :x

Tumbled leather on Laneys :smokin

Last edited:
It doesnt matter what leather because people will still cop if the retail was $220 like them foams.

The Black Grapes would have been tough if they made them with leather instead of suede or at the very least durabuck like the Thunder 4s. Easy pass for me.

As far as these goes. They should be my next pick up and them being a GR I think a very easy one at that.

I Have 06 LS Pair, Love'em To Death But I Know They Won't Last Forever So I'm Gonna Cop These Plastic Grapes To Put On Ice...

they should of retro'd the burgendy fives over these, them are way harder. im not a fan of white

REAL **** though, one of the better LS releases.

I want to cop these but I got a strong feeling I won't cause I'm not up for this waiting in line, getting up early, or getting a ticket. :frown:

tumbled leather makes not only the shoe look less cheap but cleaner look as well. remember how cheap the white cement 4 looked

tumbled leather makes not only the shoe look less cheap but cleaner look as well. remember how cheap the white cement 4 looked
but the thing is the originals were stiff leather..not tumbled...

I was saying that I think JB should jump out of their norms sometimes.

The OG white/metallic red, white/grand purple, and white/metallic green 1s weren't tumbled leather in 85, but they were in 2009. Looked better to me. I think it would be cool if jb changed it up.

Other examples would be laneys, in 2000 they had smooth leather, now it's tumbled. The 2000 Olympic 6s were smooth last year they were tumbled with a different colored midsole. It looked better too. If jb were to stop releasing the same thing over and over and change it up every once and awhile it may do some good.

Just my thoughts.

When you change materials you end up with durabuck charcoal 7s and suede metallic 5s ewwwwwww . Those black grapes are gross and people will hold those up as the best 5s ever. Shame.

Make it happen JB

I was saying that I think JB should jump out of their norms sometimes.

The OG white/metallic red, white/grand purple, and white/metallic green 1s weren't tumbled leather in 85, but they were in 2009. Looked better to me. I think it would be cool if jb changed it up.

Other examples would be laneys, in 2000 they had smooth leather, now it's tumbled. The 2000 Olympic 6s were smooth last year they were tumbled with a different colored midsole. It looked better too. If jb were to stop releasing the same thing over and over and change it up every once and awhile it may do some good.

Just my thoughts.
yeah i agree but knowing their business model they use cheap materials so we can keep buying more and more of their product

profit margins is their motto

its sad..

i just don't like people flapping their gums spewing false info
pointing it out is the duty of any decent NTer, as juvenile as i am
but your **** is so dumb i can't possibly come off foolish other than by simply talking to you

So I can't have an opinion on Jordan Brand needing to switch up the materials they use? Such as adding tumbled leather to the 3 original colorways of the jordan 1 that hadn't retroed until 2009? Because in the end that's what it is.

Stop it.

If you fail to recognize the difference between a leather slip up, and the color of the shoes. Welp.

Getting upset over a minor mistake though? C'mon son.

]
Not exactly, your opinion of me doesn't affect my opinion of you.

Look at yourself, you acting like you have no sense on an Internet forum about shoes. There's a point where you cannot call another unintelligent when you do things like that. It's foolish.
Sir Charles you don't need to argue with this ridiculous guy!

He doesn't even know his colors!

His username is "green_rhino123" when he clearly has a white rhinoceros, which is grey in color as his profile picture!

LOLOLOLOLOL!!! JKJKJK!

roll.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom