Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be my first pair of jordans but can anyone tell me hiw to get them online? Like Do i have to order them exactly at midnight? Any help would be appreciated

This will be my first pair of jordans but can anyone tell me hiw to get them online? Like Do i have to order them exactly at midnight? Any help would be appreciated

contact nike.com concerning this specific release
they will guide you through the steps

These have to be ordered at 8 a.m. eastern through Footlocker,finish line,east bay ect... if using jimmy jazz u would use the 12 am method and pray to god not to get the guy with the backpack lol  Nike.com Twitter link at 8 eastern... Also a little research would have given you all the information above and more...
nerd.gif

If you dont have much experience in online releases theres a big chance you arent getting them since theres many people who got their online routine locked down. wake up around 4:45am PT/ 7:45 ET and get your windows open for FNL, FTL, and twitter for the NDC release, and just be patient and dont give up. You have a better chance on FNL with their spalsh page aka the automatic refresh page. If I were you I would have a backup plan and start grabbing some raffle tickets at your local spots. These are general release so theres hope but we all know how GRs go nowadays

Haha you're gona try at midnight?

Seriously tho if you need some help PM me. I can help u

Can someone tell me how this cw got so famous? I ain't no OG JB head, but I really would like to know the story behind this cw

Can someone tell me how this cw got so famous? I ain't no OG JB head, but I really would like to know the story behind this cw

In 1990 when these first released they sold like crap. They were an off color hornets themed "Michael Jordan" "Chicago Bulls" shoe and masses ONLY wanted them in Chicago themed colorways. The attitude was "purple Jordans??.... aint nobody got time for that" Anyone that bought the Grapes for full retail price of $119.99 when they first released in 1990 was probably EXTREMELY rich and had all the other colorways along with a ton of other Nikes. I hear OG grapes sold so poorly they sat on sale for years for as low as $20

Somewhere along the line in the mid 2000s this shoe got associated with being "the fresh prince jordan" and beasting soon ensued

Its kind of funny because he only wore the grapes in one episode. I always associated the blk/metallic Vs with the Fresh Prince since theyre what he wore for much of the first season and while sitting on his throne in the opening credits of every episode.

excited for this release.

havent copped new J's online since the last FNL Bred/Concord Re-stock.

In 1990 when these first released they sold like crap. They were an off color hornets themed "Michael Jordan" "Chicago Bulls" shoe and masses ONLY wanted them in Chicago themed colorways. The attitude was "purple Jordans??.... aint nobody got time for that" Anyone that bought the Grapes for full retail price of $119.99 when they first released in 1990 was probably EXTREMELY rich and had all the other colorways along with a ton of other Nikes. I hear OG grapes sold so poorly they sat on sale for years for as low as $20

Somewhere along the line in the mid 2000s this shoe got associated with being "the fresh prince jordan" and beasting soon ensued

Its kind of funny because he only wore the grapes in one episode. I always associated the blk/metallic Vs with the Fresh Prince since theyre what he wore for much of the first season and while sitting on his throne in the opening credits of every episode.

Don't know what part of the country you guys are from but I've never seen a pair of Jordan's during 1990s for $20, from the point where I was old enough to understand what they were and how much they cost which was about 1988. Then again I'm from Chicago and we probably originated the jordan craze. Every so called unpopular colorway or design sold out eventually. I remember in high school how everybody called the 12s ugly but still copped. It was also normal back then to be able to cop a pair of shoes 6-9 months after release.

Last edited:
I don't think I have ever been on the fence so much for some shoes. The first time I saw them, I was mesmerized but the second time was sorta disappointing. It seemed like the leather was way better the first time I checked them out. This will definitely be a gametime decision :smh:

Last edited:
nike also choose to use the air jordan (5) grape as a vehicle to compete against some of the crazy reebok pump colorways
(and girls were buying high top sneakers more than years before-i remember girls wearing this aj5 og colorway, this catered to girls that wanted a pair of aj's-broadened the market) - they were also the colorway you'd get if all stores were sold out of da white ones or da black ones

in the mid 2000's, there were still a lot of original colorways of older air jordan models that hadn't been retro'd...
this shoe was always at the top of the list here on nt of more obscure original colorways yet to release...
so in 2006, jb released a lot of the full calender of releases information pretty early...everyone knew early in 2006 about the grapes to release in september...

they turned out to be an LS release ($10 more), availability was scattered & all hell broke loose (the 2006 grape retro was the most difficult single in-store pair i ever copped)

Last edited:
I don't think I have ever been on the fence so much for some shoes. The first time I saw them, I was mesmerized but the second time was sorta disappointing. It seemed like the leather was way better the first time I checked them out. This will definitely be a gametime decision :smh:

I understand that everyone wants to be assured they are getting quality for what they paid for but enough is enough with being on the fence about copping cuz of quality either buy it cuz u like the shoes or shut up already. No one is gonna come up to you off the street and touch your shoes and say that leather is not from USDA approved cows or those midsole paint isnt mixed the same way as the ogs. Im sorry nothing personal against you but this is all i see in jordan brand forum now. If shoes were meant to stay perfect and last forever jordan would of been out of business a long time ago. Wear the ish out of your shoes people and enjoy the damn journey and time you had with them then cop again when they retro in another 5 years or so.

Don't know what part of the country you guys are from but I've never seen a pair of Jordan's during 1990s for $20, from the point where I was old enough to understand what they were and how much they cost which was about 1988. Then again I'm from Chicago and we probably originated the jordan craze. Every so called unpopular colorway or design sold out eventually. I remember in high school how everybody called the 12s ugly but still copped. It was also normal back then to be able to cop a pair of shoes 6-9 months after release.
I'm from back then and honestly one of the only few pairs of shoes that I saw sell out super fast were the Playoff 12's! And super fast only means my size, LOL. within the week!

I understand that everyone wants to be assured they are getting quality for what they paid for but enough is enough with being on the fence about copping cuz of quality either buy it cuz u like the shoes or shut up already. No one is gonna come up to you off the street and touch your shoes and say that leather is not from USDA approved cows or those midsole paint isnt mixed the same way as the ogs. Im sorry nothing personal against you but this is all i see in jordan brand forum now. If shoes were meant to stay perfect and last forever jordan would of been out of business a long time ago. Wear the ish out of your shoes people and enjoy the damn journey and time you had with them then cop again when they retro in another 5 years or so.

This is a message board. Everyone has the right to voice their opinions on here if its redundant or not. If you're getting tired of it and don't like it, you can change the station >D

Last edited:
Tried to get da pic of da guy who had da men's size on but he moved so I only got her instead. But they look good to me, colors did seem dull to me tho

So i visited my finishline yesterday and the manager let me check them out in person. Let me first off say that I was actually impressed by the quality. The leather was way better than what I expected it to be, and the best part is that it isn't shiny like we have seen on early release pairs. Also the leather does seem softer than the fire reds. Another thing I will add is that the tongue is padded well just like the 06 pair but I didn't take it out fully to see how well it stood up. Only bad thing on the pair that I held was the excessive glue smell.

Next

I asked the manager how many pairs he got and he said 12.....and he told me nationwide it was around 7500 pairs for all finishlines together. I don't know the truth but he is a legitimate dude who always holds it down for me. SO don't slack off on this release, these will not be easy trust me. 

good luck and see you saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom