Air Jordan 38

The 2003 - 2004 flu game retro was one of the best shoes I have ever hooped in. You could actually feel the zoom bag responsiveness when playing in them. That was when Jordan Brand actually cared about the playability of retros. Now they are Nike Sportswear products, where they just insert regular bag into the shoe. Definitely fashion over function.

Now retro 12's are flatter than an open soda left out overnight.
Yeah, I had the 03 black/red when they first came out. They were mad comfortable! Even the leather used on them were buttery soft and I remember vividly smelling the REAL leather as soon as you open the box. You mean to tell me, the 97 OG wasn’t that responsive as far as Zoom air? Although, I have a pair that’s getting restored now, I did t try them on to know.

Wore my 38s today and they are pretty comfortable I must say. Still wouldn’t put them even close to the 2003-2004 jordan XII release. Most comfortable Jordan ever IMO.

Have you worn 23's through 38's?

Because I've had several models far better from cushioning to definitely the uppers. The uppers on kicks like the 28, 29, 31....don't even compare

Have you worn 23's through 38's?

Because I've had several models far better from cushioning to definitely the uppers. The uppers on kicks like the 28, 29, 31....don't even compare
As long as the uppers aren’t hard plastic, my comfort basis is strictly on if my feet are comfortable or not when I walk and stand in them.

Wore my 38s today and they are pretty comfortable I must say. Still wouldn’t put them even close to the 2003-2004 jordan XII release. Most comfortable Jordan ever IMO.

The 2003 - 2004 flu game retro was one of the best shoes I have ever hooped in. You could actually feel the zoom bag responsiveness when playing in them. That was when Jordan Brand actually cared about the playability of retros. Now they are Nike Sportswear products, where they just insert regular bag into the shoe. Definitely fashion over function.

Now retro 12's are flatter than an open soda left out overnight.

Was literally having this conversation with someone the other day. Felt like the first "protro" to me. The OG's were tanks, but I always felt that first round of retros improved a lot of the problems I had with my OG's.

1704156199725.png

1704156219401.png

Obi Toppin wearing these lows tonight, and had the maroon/carolina pair in the background on a couple games ago.

Screenshot_20240101-173829.png

I was only able to shoot around for a bit, barely jumping since I'm still coming off knee injuries, particularly in the patella, but the underfoot cushioning of these are a lot better than the 37s. Still not beating the 36s though. Fit is also perfect on the 38s. If it had double stacked zoom like the 36s I would definitely take these over the GT Jump 2.

Back
Top Bottom