Air Jordan 3 Tinker Black Cement July 27, 2019

I've thought about turning fire reds into these with spraying a heel tab red and going from there. Seeing Vic's makes me wanna do it soon.....gonna polish the finish on the midsole though to make it really light up. As for these if I can get a pair at 300 or less I'm getting a pair, had luck with the others so far that I've wanted.

Not sure what's more unbelievable, that the Spurs might actually miss the playoffs of that Leonard refused a 4 yr 20 million dollar extension with JB. Here we all are paying to wear these shoes, and he didn't want to get paid to wear them. I know if it were me I'd be the PJ Tucker type. I don't even think he's got a JB deal and he stays rocking heat.

I've loved these from jump, and this image definitely has the shape looking on point.
Not sure what's more unbelievable, that the Spurs might actually miss the playoffs of that Leonard refused a 4 yr 20 million dollar extension with JB. Here we all are paying to wear these shoes, and he didn't want to get paid to wear them. I know if it were me I'd be the PJ Tucker type. I don't even think he's got a JB deal and he stays rocking heat.
I've always wondered why JB has never given a player the type of contract where all they wear are dope PEs, and then sell those PEs. Their yearly models never sell like dope retros. Especially if the player played on a team with colors that translate well to shoes. Orange and blue (Knicks), and some other combos might not be the biggest hits (in terms of versatility), but if Westbrook only had PEs (especially with their newer navy based jerseys) that they released, they'd fly. Maybe JB knows something I don't, but that makes sense to me.

I've loved these from jump, and this image definitely has the shape looking on point.

I've always wondered why JB has never given a player the type of contract where all they wear are dope PEs, and then sell those PEs. Their yearly models never sell like dope retros. Especially if the player played on a team with colors that translate well to shoes. Orange and blue (Knicks), and some other combos might not be the biggest hits (in terms of versatility), but if Westbrook only had PEs (especially with their newer navy based jerseys) that they released, they'd fly. Maybe JB knows something I don't, but that makes sense to me.

Especially with a guy on the Spurs, there is just SO much they can do with black/white/silver. I'm a die hard Rockets fan, and since we added CP3, Pj, J.J, and even Gerald Green I love seeing all the Rocket red Jordans, but I've always followed the Spurs closely mainly because of their uniform colors, and the rest because they run such a classy organization.

Especially with a guy on the Spurs, there is just SO much they can do with black/white/silver. I'm a die hard Rockets fan, and since we added CP3, Pj, J.J, and even Gerald Green I love seeing all the Rocket red Jordans, but I've always followed the Spurs closely mainly because of their uniform colors, and the rest because they run such a classy organization.
Exactly. There could be tons of PEs using the Spurs' colors. The only reason I mentioned Westbrook and not Kawai, is because he's looked at as boring in comparison, and doesn't attract as much attention when compared to Westbrook (sense of fashion, fiery temperament, drama with KD, etc.). I just feel like if they made PEs for their marquee athletes where the pairs are straight up PEs of existing models (with no random logos of the players or anything like that (most people only want the standard Jumpman or Nike Air or usual logos), but I'd be fine with a logo on the insole where no one can see it but it signifies that it's the player's shoe), people would go after them.

Exactly. There could be tons of PEs using the Spurs' colors. The only reason I mentioned Westbrook and not Kawai, is because he's looked at as boring in comparison, and doesn't attract as much attention when compared to Westbrook (sense of fashion, fiery temperament, drama with KD, etc.). I just feel like if they made PEs for their marquee athletes where the pairs are straight up PEs of existing models (with no random logos of the players or anything like that (most people only want the standard Jumpman or Nike Air or usual logos), but I'd be fine with a logo on the insole where no one can see it but it signifies that it's the player's shoe), people would go after them.

Or even leave the logos to the guys on court (make em feel special lol), but release the same colorway without logos to the public. There's been many PE I'd have bought logo, or not it's not like any of these current player logos are impressive, to me they're pretty uninspired, and will never hold a candle to NA, swoosh, or the Jumpman. They mostly just consist of initials and/or player numbers. I will say Kawhi's logo is one I do really like, but I could take it or leave it.

Last edited:
Please excuse the less-than-great quality of the pics.

AllFour3s.jpg

Tinkers.jpg

Please excuse the less-than-great quality of the pics.

AllFour3s.jpg

Tinkers.jpg

I'd break my sneaker budget of $350.00 for those JTH 3s, and pay up.to $500.00 maybe even $600.00 if I miss "prom nights" for them. Especially since I've taken L's on everything I've budgeted for. I think the thing that's off to me on the Tinkers is that grey strip anyone up for a PS with it being black? Curious how that'd look.

Last edited:
I'd break my sneaker budget of $350.00 for those JTH 3s, and pay up.to $500.00 maybe even $600.00 if I miss "prom nights" for them. Especially since I've taken L's on everything I've budgeted for. I think the thing that's off to me on the Tinkers is that grey strip anyone up for a PS with it being black? Curious how that'd look.

I wish they weren’t for $500 or I’d have a pair right now

Wish prices would dip

I think I'd prefer the Tinker's to have a white mid instead of that grey wrap but I haven't seen a good PS of it, so who knows.

I don't need Justin Timberlake's signature on my Js tho...

I think I'd prefer the Tinker's to have a white mid instead of that grey wrap but I haven't seen a good PS of it, so who knows.

I don't need Justin Timberlake's signature on my Js tho...
I like the JTHs, but yeah, I don't know how I feel about a pair of Js with Timberlake's signature on them.

I personally dont like Justin Timberlakes name being attached to these 3s. But to eaches own, no hate

Just FYI, that pic was with flash on. Here is a pic without flash. It looks 99% like the regular WC3. I was a little underwhelmed, to be perfectly honest. Dope shoe, but you're paying mostly for the exclusivity. $500 seems reasonable. The current prices are a bit nutty.
JTH 3s.jpg
Nice shoe but the tinkers are a better shoe to me love how there is more detail on them. I could see how someone could mistake them as the FTl from a far. Again that’s just me

I just want to know why Jordan Brand felt Justin needed a signature shoe? The album is wack too. And this whole mountain theme is lame. Dude is from Memphis mane! Not Montana!

Back
Top Bottom