Air Jordan 3 "Fire Red" - White/Fire Red/Cement Grey - August 3rd (08-03-2013)

What elephant print do you want on the FR III's

• Dark elephant print (07's)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Light Elephant Print (OGs)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • WC Elephant Print (Katrina)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Look at the picture with Coach Collins slapping mike on the behind. The cement was a lighter shade of gray. Yes, they were still dark, but not as dark as the ones that released in 2007. I remember because I can remember the shade when I was in 3rd grade. You can't go simply by those pics. Def wasn't high quality in those days, but the shade was of gray was light enough to see the elephant print design which had a darker gray color differentiating between the two hues. The lighter version gray released I believe around 93-94 when I was in the 9th grade.
I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The picture you're referring to is the most washed out of the three. It's clearly almost black in the other two shots. They're nearly identical to the 2007 version. Yes, you can see the elephant print design but there are no different hues, it's simply embossed.

And there was no 93-94 release... these released in 1989, 2007, and now they're coming back again. Let it rest already.

With wear and age, the 2007 version will fade and look very similar to this.. it's really nothing but dye/coloring that gives them the dark appearance, anyway.

Last edited:
That's not what I'm saying. My point is that the elephant print never WAS light, so it doesn't make much sense to want it that way. I would've thought that pictures of Mike wearing them would seal the deal, but I guess not..

i disagree when people say 'there will be fading so in time they'll look closer to og'

...cats were actually fooling themselves into thinking the same thing about the midsole on the 2012 white-cement 4s
that's just one example (it's not gonna happen)

as far as the color on the fire red 3s...i think people are fine with the dark but it looks better when the elephant print can be seen
it's almost worth nothing on the 2007 & 2013 because you can't see it unless up very close
you didn't have to get up all close on the originals

...and i think dude was referring to the white-cement 3 when speaking of 93/94 aj3s, which is confusing

Last edited:
well they could make a bunch of little tweeks here & there on any original colorway & they'd still be 'different'
different isn't always a good thing (like jumpmans on heels)

actually i don't like different from original

Instacop. 

I hope the ground swell of complaints is genuine and continues to grow until release day.  Keep gettin mad, my dudes!  Damn that dark print is UGLAY!

Black print looks smokin to me 
smokin.gif
. Don't like it don't buy simple.

Last edited:
well they could make a bunch of little tweeks here & there on any original colorway & they'd still be 'different'
different isn't always a good thing (like jumpmans on heels)

actually i don't like different from original
I didnt say different from the original. I said different. As in from the others. The originals have been proven to have dark elephant print in this thread

I didnt say different from the original. I said different. As in from the others. The originals have been proven to have dark elephant print in this thread

& i didn't say you did, i stated my preference

while both original & retro fire red 3 have a darker mud guard (than the other original colorways respectively) - the retro fire red 3 is different from the original in that you can't see the print as easily

(and by the way...a lot of people confuse the color of the mudguard itself with the color of the lines or elephant print...while it doesn't bother me than much, i wish cats would learn...for example...the white-cement 3 has a cement grey mud guard while the fire red 3 has a dark grey mudgaurd...but both [should] have almost the same, if not the same color of elephant print lines)

Last edited:
I can't believe people are still talking about the lighter elephant print. Either way this release is looking very nice for me. I'm just excited to cop these

Last edited:
Passed on these in 06 for the flip 3s, wanted both but being only 14 at the time my funds wasn't right. Finally can pick these up

Back
Top Bottom