AIR JORDAN 3 BLACK CEMENT - NOVEMBER 23, 2024

Via EBay
IMG_3728.jpeg
IMG_3730.jpeg
IMG_3729.jpeg
IMG_3720.jpeg

Not mad at this pair. No banana shape as far as I can tell. Since only the bad, worst case scenario pairs seem to get posted in this thread, I gotta go and search for inspiration/hope on the inter-webs because otherwise I’d just remain angry about this release. Planning to buy 3 pairs to mix and match for 2 perfect pairs. It’s the only way.

Via EBay
IMG_3728.jpeg
IMG_3730.jpeg
IMG_3729.jpeg
IMG_3720.jpeg

Not mad at this pair. No banana shape as far as I can tell. Since only the bad, worst case scenario pairs seem to get posted in this thread, I gotta go and search for inspiration/hope on the inter-webs because otherwise I’d just remain angry about this release. Planning to buy 3 pairs to mix and match for 2 perfect pairs. It’s the only way.

Those elephant print cuts are replica caliber lol

We all know toe-EP height will vary, etc......but the toe EP specifically on pretty much all the 2024's we've seen, seem to be very wavy. :frown:

On almost every pair of these we've seen, the EP on the toe box has been jankier than any release I can remember.
True. I also think these are just more scrutinized and under a microscope even more because they’re the black cements and not some generic GR cw nobody cares about. Plenty of EP inconsistency across the board when it comes to AJ3 releases in general.

I looked at my last pair of 2001’s last night which up until this point has been the best retro of these. ‘94’s were cheeks. The ‘24 pair looks better than the ‘01. This is why I can’t take “sneakerheads” seriously. Ever.

Last edited:
The 94s were cheeks but they were better than 01. We’ve never had a good retro of this shoe. It appears that the streak will continue with the 24 pair.
I just looked at my 01’s again the EP is almost as high top as the ‘94. I’ll still take the 01’s though. Only thing I liked about the ‘94 was the quality of leather on them.

Last edited:
Definitely a sole swapped pair. The toebox is horrible on that ‘94 pair up there. Whatever they did to the toebox was a huge fail. Shouldn’t look like that at all.

Last edited:
Neither the 94 nor the 01 were perfect, but they were far from cheeks. That title belongs to every blk/ cement pair that has released since.
Everything that people are saying is wrong with the ‘24 pair was much worse on the ‘94 and 2001. Shape, EP height , toe box, tongue … etc. Those older pairs may only have the upper hand on the leather. Can’t praise the older pairs for the same **** you’re trashing this pair for when most of those issues have been addressed it’s nonsensical. I’ve pretty much had them all this is my favorite sneaker and I’m gonna stand on that this is the best looking pair we’ve gotten flaws and all.

Here’s a few pics of my old pairs from my ISS sole collector days. I could’ve sworn I had another pair of 01’s couldn’t find a pic with them though.
IMG_4414.jpeg

This is the last pair of 01’s that I kept DS. Sole is still firm but the back tab is cooked.
IMG_2599.jpeg

IMG_2598.jpeg

Side note: I wouldn’t have been mad at all if they had reimagined the new pair and gave them the yellowed midsole like these are now.

Boo_Radley_ Boo_Radley_ I haven’t trashed the 24 pair, they are definitely an improvement of everything that’s been released since 01. I owned the originals in 88 and I’ve owned the 94 and still have two pairs of 01 in hand.

As a community we’ve become a lot more aware of shape change, elephant print height and shade varying from retro to retro released. There are a lot of different opinions and preferences, but one thing I think most older heads and younger purist will agree on is Jordan Brand still hasn’t given us an A-1 blk cement retro.

Boo_Radley_ Boo_Radley_ I haven’t trashed the 24 pair, they are definitely an improvement of everything that’s been released since 01. I owned the originals in 88 and I’ve owned the 94 and still have two pairs of 01 in hand.

As a community we’ve become a lot more aware of shape change, elephant print height and shade varying from retro to retro released. There are a lot of different opinions and preferences, but one thing I think most older heads and younger purist will agree on is Jordan Brand still hasn’t given us an A-1 blk cement retro.
I agree with everything you just said. The vibes in this thread has just been crazy negative considering the retros of these we’ve gotten has been trash for the last 23 years and these are undoubtedly the best pair they’ve rolled out.

Back
Top Bottom