Air Jordan 17+ Retro "Copper" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Had og 17s.
Hooped em to death.
Never once was the extreme packaging, cd, or virtually unrockable lace cover thought of as justification for the unreasonable price.
Close to nothing sold out here in vancouver at the time, we wernt as diverse.
Geek collector culture took over here around the first time altitude 13s dropped.
its been nothing but lineups, resellers and price increases ever since.
250 those can die at for me

The thing is, the 12s by design didn‘t have as much moving parts as these. More so, I wouldn‘t consider the Master 12s as quality either.

I do agree that the $250 is steep, but I am sure these will fly.

Seeing that these are in limited quantities, I would guess these are definitely better made, than your typical retros.

Just my 2 cents.

My point was the extra $60 over typical GRs makes no sense when you consider these were never hyped and went for much less (even considering inflation) when released. Also, they are releasing in a stupid JB box and not even in OG packaging (not the suitcase since those werent for the 17+ but simply the silver box or whatever they originally released in). JB is cutting corners and overcharging with this release.

Last edited:
My point was the extra $60 over typical GRs makes no sense when you consider these were never hyped and went for much less (even considering inflation) when released. Also, they are releasing in a stupid JB box and not even in OG packaging (not the suitcase since those werent for the 17+ but simply the silver box or whatever they originally released in). JB is cutting corners and overcharging with this release.

I understand what you mean. I feel you especially with the significant increase in MSRP. While I do consider inflation as part of the reason, I think the sole reason is that Nike realizes they can capture the resell/secondary market as well.

The quality thing has always been an issue since forever, especially with the overly popular retros. My underlying point is even if the price was higher than most retros, the demand for these will come in as a trump. For those that really want it, a higher MSRP will not deter these from flying.

I still think that these shoes, judging by the pictures; are made real well. Whether the MSRP justifies can be a subjective matter.

I understand what you mean. I feel you especially with the significant increase in MSRP. While I do consider inflation as part of the reason, I think the sole reason is that Nike realizes they can capture the resell/secondary market as well.

The quality thing has always been an issue since forever, especially with the overly popular retros. My underlying point is even if the price was higher than most retros, the demand for these will come in as a trump. For those that really want it, a higher MSRP will not deter these from flying.

I still think that these shoes, judging by the pictures; are made real well. Whether the MSRP justifies can be a subjective matter.

A higher MSRP DEFINITELY affected sales of last year's retro 7s, 8s and lows. More retros went on sale in the past year than they have in years. Also, by killing resale, you also kill hype (look at Bord 7s, you can get them DS for close to MSRP even now while before the 2011 pair was selling for $300+).

Anyways, I digress, my real issue with the MSRP on these 17s is that for $250 they aren't even providing an OG box. Even $190 retro 12s are providing a close to OG box and $220 NA retros are providing an OG box-why can't they simply do the same with these? It isn't that hard...

Last edited:
A higher MSRP DEFINITELY affected sales of last year's retro 7s, 8s and lows. More retros went on sale in the past year than they have in years. Also, by killing resale, you also kill hype (look at Bord 7s, you can get them DS for close to MSRP even now while before the 2011 pair was selling for $300+).

Anyways, I digress, my real issue with the MSRP on these 17s is that for $250 they aren't even providing an OG box. Even $190 retro 12s are providing a close to OG box and $220 NA retros are providing an OG box-why can't they simply do the same with these? It isn't that hard...
I would love to get a Jordan Face box again those were nice

I totally agree, especially from a collector‘s standpoint. But over the years, the bare minimal expectations we have, or shall I say for myself is that the retros are made better.

I would be more inclined to pay more for the quality of the shoe as opposed to the packaging.

With endless hype growing, the buying experience has been frustrating as well.

Last edited:
Just saw all the new pics and I'm gonna pass. Not worth $250 imo. There's better ish coming around the corner. I haven't even worn any of my purchases from Black Friday until now. Maybe I'll consider a pair of they're discounted. The AJXXX is a better value compared to this and I'm starting to like them more every time I see them. Newer tech and $200.

I hate to bring up a sore topic, but it's not a $50 bump, it's an $85 bump (see pic below)

View media item 1982520
93804-Key-and-Peele-thank-you-gif-Im-akK1.gif

Every retro release y'all cry about the price hike. If you want the shoe you will buy it regardless of the price.

It really is that simple.

Thank You for ending the price debate. I always knew these were $165. The price increase sucks, but what can you do if you want a pair? Gotta pay to play.

Props to those who vote with their wallet. I don't have that kind of will power on some shoes.

originals came with the Jordan face box. nothing really special just like the shoes. lol

i think these will suffer the same fate as those grey 20's that hit the outlet. even tho it is an OG retro. the price is just not worth it.

originals came with the Jordan face box. nothing really special just like the shoes. lol

i think these will suffer the same fate as those grey 20's that hit the outlet. even tho it is an OG retro. the price is just not worth it.

They don't make Jordan face boxes anymore so it would be special. The stupid box they use now is the same one they use on garbage, $80 team Jordan shoes.. Unacceptable for a $250 shoe.

I wonder if they'll come with the dust bags. Well whatever the pricing ima try to get them Sadderday. These hold a special place in my heart being the only pair of jays my parents bought me.

They don't make Jordan face boxes anymore so it would be special. The stupid box they use now is the same one they use on garbage, $80 team Jordan shoes.. Unacceptable for a $250 shoe.
i'll sell you my steel case for the royal blue 17. no shoes tho...those were destroyed. lol 

what did everyone do with their box if they don't have the shoes anymore? 

i'll sell you my steel case for the royal blue 17. no shoes tho...those were destroyed. lol 

what did everyone do with their box if they don't have the shoes anymore? 
Got my red box next to my collection. Good for putting my Chis or cements in for flights.

Back
Top Bottom