Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

when he came back to the NBA he changed his number to 45. Then he changed it back to 23 in the late playoffs. So if he never changed his number back to 23..we would have gotten the 45 version in 2000 anyways. And in 2001 they sampled a 45 and a 23 and we ended up with the 23.

If jordan kept his number 45...we would have gotten 45 on the back with blue accents instead of purple. Then what?? You would still say its a different shoe because of a shade of blue/ purple that is very close to eachother??

If you really want to get picky you can say yea the the original ones he wore in the playoffs are not space jams its a PE because with concord accents he rocked before the movie even came out. THEN the shoe us the consumers got was somewhat of an "ode" to the movie..blue accents.

But lets not get all bent out of shape with the jordan facts here no ones really cares. Its a space jam 2016. Its still going to be rediculous xmas release. When you go to footlocker your going to ask "can i get a ticket for the space jams". Everyone was just saying that the concords and the DMPs were the same. Which they pretty much are. But if you wanna get technical.. The gold blah blah

in fact this PE coming out is in fact more of a space jam then the ones that came out in 2000. He wore the purple accented PE in the movie...SPACE JAM. He didnt wear the blue jumpman version in the movie. I say they are both space jams yet we call them space jams.
Concord with 45 = Concord

Concord with 23 = Concord

Black Concord with 23= the one he wore in Space Jam

Black Concord with 45 = NOBODY CARES HE WORE IT IN THE PLAYOFFS, IT LOOKS THE SAME FFS

View media item 2051961
View media item 2051963

I'm not going to argue with people who are incapable of seeing the big picture. They're releasing the rare game worn PE models, that's what this shoe is a tribute to. The 1995 playoffs. Just like how they released the shoe Mike wore between the 1 and 2. Its got nothing to do with space jam. And to the hero saying he wore the black Concord in the movie (AKA the shoe this thread is about) as you can clearly see, there is a 45 on the back. That should be the one thing that indicates what they're referencing with this shoe. 

They're releasing this shoe, finally. It's an all new release. Its not the Space Jam XI III. Stop being so simple.

Stop being so technical, Nike made multiple unreleased variants of the "Space jam" model back in 95... Jordan Brand is marketing the shoe as "space jams", hence the reason they're coming out with space jam clothing with this release... They're Space Jams.

This is just like the flu gave argument. I'm calling them space jams when i feel like it and play offs when i feel like it.

And some of y'all are using "technically" wrong.

Technically, this year's pair exactly as is, only appeared during the playoffs. The movie pair, along with the 2000/9 retros which were modeled after the movie pair except for the royal pair, have direct connection to the movie. However, because this shoe is a similar color way, it will be called SJ. It's also the Playoffs.

Call it whatever you want, it won't be wrong. End of story

There are waaaay too many feelings being caught in here over the color of the Jumpman and when it was worn.

The mass majority know these as the Space Jams because of the movie. It doesn't matter if he wore them in the playoffs or on vacation or to take a shower they will still be the Space Jams to the majority of people. Call them playoffs if you like but when someone gives you a dumb look for it don't be mad.

[thread="644948"]Well don't be surprised when neither the shoebox nor the tongue patch say anything about Space Jam.[/thread]

Doesn't really matter, because the shoes are releasing with numerous Space Jam-based apparel :lol: Hell we were seeing the apparel before we got early fakes of the shoes :rofl:

Last edited:
I'm going to throw myself into the fire here and maybe I'll get roasted but that gif of the shoes looks royal lol not that purple shade that is being released.  I guess I'm colorblind lol...  NIke reps are laughing at everyone because they've got all the consumers by the...you know what.  

and maybe I'm reading it wrong, but in the movie he wore #23 so the '00 pair and the '09 pair are "more accurate" in that they have 23 on the heel.  He wore #45 for about 5 minutes lol so these are more of a PE....I'm just trying to clarify what I am reading here.  Again....JB reps controlling us all.  Thinking we are getting "Space Jams" but we are really getting "Space Jam colorway with a PE tab."   So if we were to get a purplish jumpman with a 23 heel...they would be REAL SPACEJAMS.  Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here, I'm just trying to clarify all of this...lol.  No matter how you break it down, chaos will start around Oct./Nov and there will be some upset people come Christmas time.  Same/different shoe.....same madness.  

and maybe I'm reading it wrong, but in the movie he wore #23 so the '00 pair and the '09 pair are "more accurate" in that they have 23 on the heel.  He wore #45 for about 5 minutes lol so these are more of a PE....I'm just trying to clarify what I am reading here.  Again....JB reps controlling us all.  Thinking we are getting "Space Jams" but we are really getting "Space Jam colorway with a PE tab."   So if we were to get a purplish jumpman with a 23 heel...they would be REAL SPACEJAMS.  Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here, I'm just trying to clarify all of this...lol.  No matter how you break it down, chaos will start around Oct./Nov and there will be some upset people come Christmas time.  Same/different shoe.....same madness.  
yes but that other dude is saying the 2016 christmas release has nothing to do with space jams... and its really a PE because of the 45 on the back with purple accents AND i understand what hes saying because why would you call a shoe the space jam even though the shoes came out before the movie esp if it had purple and wsnt exactly like the movie version..BUT WE ALL KNOW THIS SHOE AND ITS FAMOUS FROM THE MOVIE SO WE ALL DONT CARE LOL..... BUT it only had a 45 because jordan wore number 45 when he came back into the league...so if he kept that number...we would all have 45s on our sneakers also..then all we would have is people arguing about the purple and blue part..BUT he then changed it back to 23..its all so stupid it doesnt matter...all of us understand and its not a big deal..SPACE JAMS CANT WAIT

just like the flu games...they came out before his amazing performance in that playoff game but we still call it flu games...

like if jordan is wearing a bred jordan 1 and hes at an airport and someone takes a photo catches him scratching his butt..the shoes hes wearing is no longer the BRED Jordan 1..everyone gonna call em the "butt scratch 1s" BAHAHA

Last edited:
They should be called the "45 PE's, or "'95 Playoffs IMO. "Bred", is the dumbest nickname ever given to anything ..

Last edited:
People should call them whatever they want to call them and not worry about what other people are calling them.

Getting angry over the use of a certain nickname for a shoe is one of the dumbest things i've ever seen on this forum.

(Not speaking of this thread, but in general)

Last edited:
Im calling mine if i get some, the Act a fool 11's. black space concords has a ring to it too.

WE HAVE TO ALL AGREE ON ONE NAME haha. Lets do a nike talk thing and make out own name. Cant be space jams or black concords or 95 PE. lets make our own name exclusive to this thread. It will be fun. Ahh im going to get tooled on for this

^^ blue 72-10s?
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom