Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

I have a question I'm new and it wont let me post my forum . I want the 11s velvet maroons and I'm a 8mens is 8mens same size as a 8Y

Short answer, yes, 8y is the same as a mens 8.

Long answer - Gradeschool sizes are just an extension of mens sizes but made with cheaper materials. The measurements are exactly the same. The ONLY time a size range is different is when its womens (which Jordan brand doesnt make), and thats usually 1.5 or 2 different depending on the shoe (some converse are 2, some are 1.5, nike is generally 1.5)

Long answer - Gradeschool sizes are just an extension of mens sizes but made with cheaper materials. The measurements are exactly the same. The ONLY time a size range is different is when its womens (which Jordan brand doesnt make), and thats usually 1.5 or 2 different depending on the shoe (some converse are 2, some are 1.5, nike is generally 1.5)

Some mens shoes go down to a size 3.4-4, like Dunk SB........But they`re made with the same material, so they cost the same as mens.

Same with a Mens size 7 Space jam and GS size 7 space jam..........exact same measurements but with cheaper materials, no special box and cheaper price.

EDIT*

The bigger GS sizes MAY feel a little different than mens because of the cheaper materials..........So they could possibly be tighter if your foot is wider, but length should never be an issue.

Last edited:
Some mens shoes go down to a size 3.4-4, like Dunk SB........But they`re made with the same material, so they cost the same as mens.

Same with a Mens size 7 Space jam and GS size 7 space jam..........exact same measurements but with cheaper materials, no special box and cheaper price.

EDIT*

The bigger GS sizes MAY feel a little different than mens because of the cheaper materials..........So they could possibly be tighter if your foot is wider, but length should never be an issue.
I've never had a length or with issue

So Jordan wore 13.5Y shoes?

No. he wore a mens 13.5.

The Y means its youth, which comes with cheaper materials than mens sizes. Ex. Jordan 11s, mens has real carbon fiber while youth sizes have some plastic stuff in a similar shape but definitely not carbon fiber.

Only difference between youth/grade school sizes and mens is the materials used. (of course, sometimes they change them a little bit, like they did with south beach lebron 9s and all jordan 4s)

Last edited:
The arch support angles are also usually different.  For brands that have women's shoes, they also differ in arch support between women's and youth as adults and children have different physical characteristics of the foot that require different arches.

No. he wore a mens 13.5.

The Y means its youth, which comes with cheaper materials than mens sizes. Ex. Jordan 11s, mens has real carbon fiber while youth sizes have some plastic stuff in a similar shape but definitely not carbon fiber.

Only difference between youth/grade school sizes and mens is the materials used. (of course, sometimes they change them a little bit, like they did with south beach lebron 9s and all jordan 4s)

GS and mens are completely different other than sizing.
Tech, materials, mold are all cheaper.

These will turn more green than yellow. The less moisture (water/snow) you walk on, the longer they'll stay blue

Last edited:
I'm going to secure these...one day
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom