Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

i dont even enter much raffles but feeling like i have zero chance on those, i am so glad i got one pair of the concords with little to no hassle

1.jpg

still waiting for a restock so i can size up by half but ill make my pair work
add a 33 in there and thats exactly what my thing looks like lol

The problem with that guy's argument is that it's not accurate. At least from what I have come to understand over the years.

It's been documented more than once that the actual shoes used in the movie did in fact feature concord, not blue. The concord color simply appeared blue on film, so when they finally released the shoe years later, they changed it to blue because that's the color people THOUGHT was on the movie pair. But it was actually wrong compared to what MJ used for the movie in real life.

I very quickly tried to find an image of an actual pair used in the film but failed. So I don't remember offhand what the tongue tag said, if it was the standard Jumpman Jordan or Jumpman Jam, or if Jumpman Jam was something added for the original retail release that wasn't actually on the movie pair. Obviously the movie pair featured 23 and not 45 on the heel. There's probably someone here who knows what the movie tongue tag read who can confirm.

The point is, it seems to me that to this day, Nike has NEVER released an entirely accurate retro of the shoes MJ actually used in Space Jam. It appears that the only differences in the 2016 retro compared to the OG is that the tongue tag might have a different word on it, and there's a 45 on the heel. In my opinion, that's just as accurate a retro as a black 11 with blue, the entirely wrong color, on it, even though that shoe might have the correct tongue tag and heel number. A real Space Jam retro would have concord, 23 on the heel, and whatever the tongue is supposed to say as it did on the OG pairs.
**** even today concord has issues showing up properly on a lot of cameras

Why won't you buy from those sellers under 100 ratings ? Risk of it being fake?
could be fake
obvious newb capitalist trying to sell these new shiny jordans everybody's talking about
uninformed or unreasonable prices
bad pics

/\/\/\/\ all of this comes with that territory

Im not gonna do it because I know the likely hood that Im buying them off of something like this trying to make some trashy come up
portabicchiere.jpgQas8bx.jpg

The problem with that guy's argument is that it's not accurate. At least from what I have come to understand over the years.

It's been documented more than once that the actual shoes used in the movie did in fact feature concord, not blue. The concord color simply appeared blue on film, so when they finally released the shoe years later, they changed it to blue because that's the color people THOUGHT was on the movie pair. But it was actually wrong compared to what MJ used for the movie in real life.

I very quickly tried to find an image of an actual pair used in the film but failed. So I don't remember offhand what the tongue tag said, if it was the standard Jumpman Jordan or Jumpman Jam, or if Jumpman Jam was something added for the original retail release that wasn't actually on the movie pair. Obviously the movie pair featured 23 and not 45 on the heel. There's probably someone here who knows what the movie tongue tag read who can confirm.

The point is, it seems to me that to this day, Nike has NEVER released an entirely accurate retro of the shoes MJ actually used in Space Jam. It appears that the only differences in the 2016 retro compared to the OG is that the tongue tag might have a different word on it, and there's a 45 on the heel. In my opinion, that's just as accurate a retro as a black 11 with blue, the entirely wrong color, on it, even though that shoe might have the correct tongue tag and heel number. A real Space Jam retro would have concord, 23 on the heel, and whatever the tongue is supposed to say as it did on the OG pairs.
I believe the actual movie pair has "Jumpman Jordan" on the tongue, but don't quote me.

I believe the real issue here is that the black/royal and black/concord can't BOTH be Space Jams, and too many of the younger "sneakerheads" have no connection to Mike, and could care less that he wore the "black concords" in the 1995 playoffs before shooting Space Jam that summer. JB knew this, which is why they pushed the concord pair as the "Space Jams". They always looked black/royal in the movie, and in my opinion, the royal pair should be the "Space Jam", and the concord pair should've been the "Playoff PE'. Both pairs would be relevant. If the concord pair is the "space jam" and the PE, what do we do with the royal pair?

lol I bought off someone with under 100 feedback. Shoes looked good and they had a legit nike shipping receipt, I guess I'll see in a couple of days if mine is good, but with so many pairs out there chances are most people are getting legit pairs. There's a ton of trashy and hood people in this hobby so it comes with the territory.

Let’s see
Size 9.5 $270
Seller gets $235

That’s $15 profit
If your state requires tax that’s a -$5 profit

So for a buyer, you pay $270+ shipping $25. You sure shipping really cost $25? More like $20.

StockX makes $40/ shoe.
Great job, bravo. StockX make more than you do.

Plus, I will not buy any Concords from eBay from these sellers under 100 ratings for $299. LMFAO.

Reputable seller, free shipping, $275. Period.
Exactly,
Not to mention the fact that ok say you do sell them, after the fees and everything you barely make anything but thats ONE pair. These ppl buyin up 10-20 pair have to go thru that trouble for every single pair thats if they even get bites on the others.

Exactly how I feel. Right now, you need to get your hands on the limited collabs (FOGs) and other hypebeast stuff (Epic Reacts, etc) at retail to make it a real money maker for you. In the past five weeks, I've sold six pairs of different shoes out of my stockpile. Those six sales total $1,380, an average of $230 per pair. I'm rather pleased, but I was selling them because I decided I wasn't going to get around to wearing them and I mostly just wanted my money back, and it opened up some shelf space LOL. In reality, though, I basically just traded those six shoes for my four pairs of concords plus maybe $200, once I factored in StockX fees and buying some boxes to ship them out in. I'll take that outcome all day long, but put it this way: Had I just kept the money and not bought anything else, all I did was get back the money I spent in the first place plus a couple hundred bucks. Some of those shoes had been sitting in my closet for years. The return on the investment is pretty low in real-life terms. I'm happy because I never bought those shoes to flip, so it's a totally different context.
The context is the important factor in this discussion. I agree with all points made on this "hoarder/plug" topic, but it truly is all subjective at the end of the day - to each his own. In business, whatever ones profit margin is - whether it's $10-$60 per asset, the hopeful underlining factor should be if they enjoy what they do - and if being surrounded by pairs of your grail is what you genuinely enjoy, then more power to that person - it's a free market. The potential of all your pairs making a profit is secondary at that point and people should stop pocket watching.

Now it does hurt the people who genuinely want at least one pair to wear, but I trust in Nike's record breaking production and release of this shoe to A) have enough for everyone throughout the general release & B) Suffocate the secondary market and drown them out - to then, having those pairs that are being hoarded, released to the public at or at least close to the retail price point; basically making sure people can't profit off of it.

Last edited:
It reminds me of seeing concert and game tickets up on stubhub for like 4-5x the price and then you end up seeing rows empty on tv.
Im glad nike is upping their production. This world is a big place. I dont need absolutely no one to have my shoe to feel good. I like seeing ppl be able to get a shoe they maybe grew up not ever being able to obtain.

I believe the actual movie pair has "Jumpman Jordan" on the tongue, but don't quote me.

I believe the real issue here is that the black/royal and black/concord can't BOTH be Space Jams, and too many of the younger "sneakerheads" have no connection to Mike, and could care less that he wore the "black concords" in the 1995 playoffs before shooting Space Jam that summer. JB knew this, which is why they pushed the concord pair as the "Space Jams". They always looked black/royal in the movie, and in my opinion, the royal pair should be the "Space Jam", and the concord pair should've been the "Playoff PE'. Both pairs would be relevant. If the concord pair is the "space jam" and the PE, what do we do with the royal pair?

Throw it in the trash LOL. For the sake of this discussion, I'm not concerned with what we call them. That's only a matter of convenience for the lexicon on NT and other internet sneaker sites and social media accounts. It's beside the point in question.

That guy went on a little rant telling everyone the history etc, trying to act like he knows why the 2016s are in fact not Space Jams. And the joke is, he's wrong. If people like that want to be pedantic about it, and they do, then they need to know the facts about the true Space Jams MJ wore: black concords with 23 on the heel and whatever words were on the tongue tag. If the tag says Jumpman Jordan on it, then the 95 PEs and the Space Jams are actually one and the same except for the number change from 45 to 23. I know that would cause heads to explode. The 2000 and 2009 releases basically seem to be a retro-plus Space Jam colorway: Nike made up that colorway to match what came out on film, not what was actually recorded on that film back in 1995. Basically revisionist history on Nike's part that no one realized until a certain point in time later, and even then, it's apparently not a widespread piece of info. Hence guys such as that dude rambling on with a bunch of nonsense.

lol I bought off someone with under 100 feedback. Shoes looked good and they had a legit nike shipping receipt, I guess I'll see in a couple of days if mine is good, but with so many pairs out there chances are most people are getting legit pairs. There's a ton of trashy and hood people in this hobby so it comes with the territory.
Keep in mind bro, (actually happened to me) that there are peeps out there that get a pair on SNKS and then put that receipt in a box of Fakes they already owned and sell it to you as "Hey there Authentic look at the receipt I sent with them" lol ya just cant win.
At the point where ya cant trust anyone, sad.

Maybe resellers are holding on to them for the long run. Since retailers are pretty much sold out, isn't it likely that the price for these are going to go up to $340-350 like the Space Jams are now? If they can be sold for $100 more in a couple of years, it's a 40% roi in 2 years assuming they paid somewhere around $240 retail. Not a bad return even considering the work involved. I don't resell or stock-pile sneakers, but I probably would if I was a kid. Beats the shaved-ice stand I ran when I was little.

Last edited:
Got a question on the space jam color debacle. Im no expert in the discussion but do often like seeing on screen authenticity in stuff that becomes available for retail.
Could the whole concord or blue thing have started due to a filter used in the filming? I know tinker mentioned he used concord on purpose. Did he create it blue at first thinking once they filter it would look more concord or vice a versa? Just a thought

... the hopeful underlining factor should be if they enjoy what they do - and if being surrounded by pairs of your grail is what you genuinely enjoy, then more power to that person - it's a free market. The potential of all your pairs making a profit is secondary at that point and people should stop pocket watching.

I don't think any of us are truly watching others' pockets. At least for me, a main part of my point is, it seems like there are a lot of people out there who haven't picked up on the fact they aren't going to make a huge return from reselling most pairs of shoes these days. Not even on concords. So they end up wasting a lot of their time for chump change, while also having a minor impact on some other people who are now forced to deal with them to get a pair. It really is all pretty minor, but it's just an interesting observation about the state of the sneaker market. I have a hard time believing there are a lot of people flipping these things who went into it thinking, I know I'm only going to make $10 per pair, but I'm doing it just for the fun of it. If someone finds it fun running all over town or malls at holiday shopping season, and then having to ship things out via UPS, just for the sake of doing it, then that's a different kind of person than anyone I know :lol:

Keep in mind bro, (actually happened to me) that there are peeps out there that get a pair on SNKS and then put that receipt in a box of Fakes they already owned and sell it to you as "Hey there Authentic look at the receipt I sent with them" lol ya just cant win.
At the point where ya cant trust anyone, sad.

yup, i'll wait til they are in hand. got them at my mom's house and i'll check em out before i even pay the bill. ebay always sides with buyers so its an easy return if necessary.

Does anybody have the Spiderman 1s and Concords 11 2018?

Do you have the same size in both or what?

I have the Spiderman 1s and im an 8, should I get concord 11s 2018 in an 8? Please only answer if you have both shoes. Thank you.

Maybe resellers are holding on to them for the long run. Since retailers are pretty much sold out, isn't it likely that the price for these are going to go up to $340-350 like the Space Jams are now? If they can be sold for $100 more in a couple of years, it's a 40% roi in 2 years assuming they paid somewhere around $240 retail. Not a bad return even considering the work involved. I don't resell or stock-pile sneakers, but I probably would if I was a kid. Beats the shaved-ice stand I ran when I was little.

Who are these kids with this kind of capital laying around to make that 2 year ROI feasible ?

Throw it in the trash LOL.

That guy went on a little rant telling everyone the history etc, trying to act like he knows why the 2016s are in fact not Space Jams. And the joke is, he's wrong. If people like that want to be pedantic about it, and they do, then they need to know the facts about the true Space Jams MJ wore: black concords with 23 on the heel and whatever words were on the tongue tag. If the tag says Jumpman Jordan on it, then the 95 PEs and the Space Jams are actually one and the same except for the number change from 45 to 23.
If you feel so strongly about the concord pair being worn in the '95 playoffs and afterward in Space Jam that you're willing to disregard the royal pair, I won't challenge your stance.

I am curious however, do you at least understand why some are tied to the royal pair being the Space Jams since that's what showed on film?

Speaking for myself, I didn't know the pair Mike wore in the playoffs used concord until the mid '00s, and since the white pair also used concord, it made sense. I'd seen pictures, but never looked close enough to realize it was concord. But I was still under the belief that the movie pair was royal. So two separate colorways in my mind, until recently learning that it was a concord pair on his feet. Either way, I put the 2016 blk/concord XI under the "PE" column because of the 45 and "Jumpman Jordan" on the tongue.

I will never disregard or throw away past releases though. They are all memories. And they are Jordan shoe history no matter how you look at it. The release of these last two 45 Concords blow ALL past retros away as far look to the original. Both are great true to original look releases. With every release since its original, there is someone with a story and a memory of what they went through to get them. To me, to trash a shoe is to trash a period of time. I wont do that.
Sometimes I think people get too technical in here and on insta, twitter whatever. The pairs that MJ wore in the 95 Orlando series were actually a lower cut. The released pair were higher of course, which most all of us want. I just like many in here have several predictions to what the next Concord and Space Jam will look like. I understand the dislike for the past models of these two shoes. Especially the 09 and the 2011. But a lot of us in here were "all in" when those both dropped.

Back
Top Bottom