Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

:lol: crazy people are hoarding these concords/selling for <$10 profit
Cant stand when ppl call this “hustle” or “grinding”. No it’s not, its havin a few extra bucks to buy up ridiculous amounts, take away from ppl who actually care about the shoe while they can make maybe 10 bucks profit if they even sell.
Honestly rubs me the wrong way how ppl brag and make videos of them having 20+ pairs to make a few bucks.

The box they came in is also stupid and confusing. :rofl:

But I’ve called the PEs from the beginning.

The problem with that guy's argument is that it's not accurate. At least from what I have come to understand over the years.

It's been documented more than once that the actual shoes used in the movie did in fact feature concord, not blue. The concord color simply appeared blue on film, so when they finally released the shoe years later, they changed it to blue because that's the color people THOUGHT was on the movie pair. But it was actually wrong compared to what MJ used for the movie in real life.

I very quickly tried to find an image of an actual pair used in the film but failed. So I don't remember offhand what the tongue tag said, if it was the standard Jumpman Jordan or Jumpman Jam, or if Jumpman Jam was something added for the original retail release that wasn't actually on the movie pair. Obviously the movie pair featured 23 and not 45 on the heel. There's probably someone here who knows what the movie tongue tag read who can confirm.

The point is, it seems to me that to this day, Nike has NEVER released an entirely accurate retro of the shoes MJ actually used in Space Jam. It appears that the only differences in the 2016 retro compared to the OG is that the tongue tag might have a different word on it, and there's a 45 on the heel. In my opinion, that's just as accurate a retro as a black 11 with blue, the entirely wrong color, on it, even though that shoe might have the correct tongue tag and heel number. A real Space Jam retro would have concord, 23 on the heel, and whatever the tongue is supposed to say as it did on the OG pairs.

Damn I got lucky....I somehow checked that link and was able to grab a pair of space jam 11s in size 10.5 about an hour ago. Hope these ain't like a returned pair or store display. But for retail I'm happy. Guess they still have a size 18 as well lol

Cant stand when ppl call this “hustle” or “grinding”. No it’s not, its havin a few extra bucks to buy up ridiculous amounts, take away from ppl who actually care about the shoe while they can make maybe 10 bucks profit if they even sell.
Honestly rubs me the wrong way how ppl brag and make videos of them having 20+ pairs to make a few bucks.

A lot of people clearly don't realize the resale game has changed dramatically. If they did, and if they had half a brain, they'd realize that the time and effort spent on--as you say--making literally only a few dollars profit per pair doesn't even make sense. And actually, the profit is even a couple bucks less than what they pocket from StockX/GOAT/wherever if they have to buy shipping boxes to send the shoes in, and then there's gas money.

I dunno, if I was 16 again and I could get five pairs of these and put $50-$60 in my pocket selling them all off, I guess that would be worth it to the teenage me, because I never had any money. $60 to a kid means a lot more than what it means to an adult. So what gets me is seeing grown *** men who I assume have at least some sort of real job going through the trouble. Put it this way: If you have a real career, running all over like a madman in my personal time to make even $100 or so isn't worth it. And if you on the other hand have something basic like an hourly wage job, you'd be way ahead to try and pick up an extra shift or two instead of flipping sneakers for a few bucks a pop. Maybe eventually a lot of these people will realize this isn't five years ago, or even three years ago.

If I had to choose, it would be the JAMS!!!!!
IMG_0485.jpg

A lot of people clearly don't realize the resale game has changed dramatically. If they did, and if they had half a brain, they'd realize that the time and effort spent on--as you say--making literally only a few dollars profit per pair doesn't even make sense. And actually, the profit is even a couple bucks less than what they pocket from StockX/GOAT/wherever if they have to buy shipping boxes to send the shoes in, and then there's gas money.

I dunno, if I was 16 again and I could get five pairs of these and put $50-$60 in my pocket selling them all off, I guess that would be worth it to the teenage me, because I never had any money. $60 to a kid means a lot more than what it means to an adult. So what gets me is seeing grown *** men who I assume have at least some sort of real job going through the trouble. Put it this way: If you have a real career, running all over like a madman in my personal time to make even $100 or so isn't worth it. And if you on the other hand have something basic like an hourly wage job, you'd be way ahead to try and pick up an extra shift or two instead of flipping sneakers for a few bucks a pop. Maybe eventually a lot of these people will realize this isn't five years ago, or even three years ago.
Couldn’t agree more. Well said man

Thats how I feel about black friday Id rather work some OT then fight crowds and save a few dollars.

Not to mention you have to spend the time selling the stuff. Waiting on stockx, dealing with fb/craigslist flakes etc etc. If i had a pair of concords I didnt want Id probably return them not resell just to not have to bother.

Some truth to this but things are also alot more convenient these days. Sometimes it 60 bucks for waking up at 7am on a Saturday, clicking a button, and going back to bed.

I dont disagree with your logic on this post though. I guess it really comes down to how much your making off the transaction. I'm not driving around to pick up 6 pairs for 60 bucks but $25 for a online transaction, makes it worth it.

The thing about reselling is you have to figure out the time spent vs the profit (aka how much you make per hour). Time spent getting the shoes, time spent listing, packing, going to post office, risk of there being a shady buyer/package getting lost, fees, compared to the profit. Some people end up making $15 for 45 minutes worth of work that has risk associated. If that works for them then it is what it is.

Some truth to this but things are also alot more convenient these days. Sometimes it 60 bucks for waking up at 7am on a Saturday, clicking a button, and going back to bed.

I dont disagree with your logic on this post though. I guess it really comes down to how much your making off the transaction. I'm not driving around to pick up 6 pairs for 60 bucks but $25 for a online transaction, makes it worth it.

Right. I was talking about the people who enter 50 raffles (the raffles themselves being a giant PITA), then run around on release day picking up as many as they won just to resell. And we were talking specifically about concords, at least I was. You can see what they are selling for. A lot of people are pocketing $20 or less per transaction when it's all said and done. From my view, it's not remotely worth the trouble, but if someone literally has nothing better to do, who am I to judge. Resellers are annoying but I don't really begrudge them, that's life. I just question the ROI being worth it on this particular shoe. If it was like 2011 and they were selling for $400, $500 and up all day long, I wouldn't question a thing LOL

The thing about reselling is you have to figure out the time spent vs the profit (aka how much you make per hour). Time spent getting the shoes, time spent listing, packing, going to post office, risk of there being a shady buyer/package getting lost, fees, compared to the profit. Some people end up making $15 for 45 minutes worth of work that has risk associated. If that works for them then it is what it is.

Exactly how I feel. Right now, you need to get your hands on the limited collabs (FOGs) and other hypebeast stuff (Epic Reacts, etc) at retail to make it a real money maker for you. In the past five weeks, I've sold six pairs of different shoes out of my stockpile. Those six sales total $1,380, an average of $230 per pair. I'm rather pleased, but I was selling them because I decided I wasn't going to get around to wearing them and I mostly just wanted my money back, and it opened up some shelf space LOL. In reality, though, I basically just traded those six shoes for my four pairs of concords plus maybe $200, once I factored in StockX fees and buying some boxes to ship them out in. I'll take that outcome all day long, but put it this way: Had I just kept the money and not bought anything else, all I did was get back the money I spent in the first place plus a couple hundred bucks. Some of those shoes had been sitting in my closet for years. The return on the investment is pretty low in real-life terms. I'm happy because I never bought those shoes to flip, so it's a totally different context.

Let’s see
Size 9.5 $270
Seller gets $235

That’s $15 profit
If your state requires tax that’s a -$5 profit

So for a buyer, you pay $270+ shipping $25. You sure shipping really cost $25? More like $20.

StockX makes $40/ shoe.
Great job, bravo. StockX make more than you do.

Plus, I will not buy any Concords from eBay from these sellers under 100 ratings for $299. LMFAO.

Reputable seller, free shipping, $275. Period.

Let’s see
Size 9.5 $270
Seller gets $235

That’s $15 profit

So for a buyer, you pay $270+ shipping $25. You sure shipping really cost $25? More like $20.

StockX makes $40/ shoe.

Plus, I will not buy any Concords from eBay from these sellers under 100 ratings for $299. LMFAO.

Why won't you buy from those sellers under 100 ratings ? Risk of it being fake?

i dont even enter much raffles but feeling like i have zero chance on those, i am so glad i got one pair of the concords with little to no hassle

1.jpg

still waiting for a restock so i can size up by half but ill make my pair work

Let’s see
Size 9.5 $270
Seller gets $235

That’s $15 profit

StockX makes $40/ shoe.

Yeah, out here in CA, concords were about $241 out the door after tax. Even if I sold a pair for $300, I pocket $17 after the StockX fees and after I have UPS pack them up for me. Basically I'm getting a free 12 pack of Corona for each transaction, if I could get $300 :lol:

And I'd have to do that six times just to make $100 LOL

Back
Top Bottom