Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

exactly!

knowing the tech is just half of customer service, which is very important, but knowing the history behind a product will provide confidence for your customers. and if you can actually show love of the product, that item is sold!
If you are genuinely into what your selling, it will always get better results. Costumer service is a lost art nowadays anyway. Cant expect these younger workers to give a ---- about a specific shoe like we do. Its just a job to most of them.

If you are genuinely into what your selling, it will always get better results. Costumer service is a lost art nowadays anyway. Cant expect these younger workers to give a ---- about a specific shoe like we do. Its just a job to most of them.

Tell me about it, I'm a cashier at Wal Mart and am known for being the fastest cashier in there. I talk to customers and even have regulars that come through my line and know me and that I'm in college. They say I give really good customer service and the older crowd say I make Sam Walton proud. One time a customer tried to give me $10, other times customers would buy me drinks but we cannot take tips or gifts. One lady called the store manager while in line to say I did a great job. My family taught me great work ethic and to try your hardest no matter what, even if it's the most menial job and also to treat others how you want to be treated. I apologize for getting off topic but I can relate.

Tell me about it, I'm a cashier at Wal Mart and am known for being the fastest cashier in there. I talk to customers and even have regulars that come through my line and know me and that I'm in college. They say I give really good customer service and the older crowd say I make Sam Walton proud. One time a customer tried to give me $10, other times customers would buy me drinks but we cannot take tips or gifts. One lady called the store manager while in line to say I did a great job. My family taught me great work ethic and to try your hardest no matter what, even if it's the most menial job and also to treat others how you want to be treated. I apologize for getting off topic but I can relate.

You have a great attitude. Keep it up and it'll pay off.

When I was working at nike I would love when people would ask me questions. My face would light up and I would ask how much time they had to learn about shoes :lol:

You have a great attitude. Keep it up and it'll pay off.

When I was working at nike I would love when people would ask me questions. My face would light up and I would ask how much time they had to learn about shoes :lol:

Yes, it's a great feeling. You get to help someone while also talking about something you're passionate about.:nthat:

Please, keep that mentality. Be the best you can at what you do. No matter what it is. Its character. Not something that's trained. Repped.

As somebody who works, (and manages) the industry, I honestly could give a **** whether the employee knows what shoe is dropping December 8th, what Mike wore in the 88 All Star Game, or how many pairs they have in their closet. I've always been taught dudes like that are the last ones you wanna hire. I care more about customer service and knowing what Asics shoe to suggest an old lady for her early morning walks.

Just curious, why have you been taught that? I understand that the most important thing when hiring someone for any job is their ability to do the actual job; are shoe enthusiasts historically poor employees according to your teachers or your personal experience managing them?

Your subsequent posts on the matter imply the two are mutually exclusive. As someone who manages an office staff, creating a product purchased by a certain type of product enthusiast, I get that just because a potential employee loves the product we are involved with doesn't mean they are capable of doing the jobs I need done. But it doesn't automatically exclude them, either. The ideal employee is one with passion for the subject matter AND the ability to do the job.

Last edited:
Just curious, why have you been taught that? I understand that the most important thing when hiring someone for any job is their ability to do the actual job; are shoe enthusiasts historically poor employees according to your teachers or your personal experience managing them?
It's just one of the last things I look for in a candidate. If he likes shoes, knows his stuff, gives great customer service, great. Otherwise, it's not all that important to me.

For example, there's a guy on my team who isn't interested in shoes at all and he's one of my best workers. Sure, he buys a nice pair every now and then but he'd rather get something comfortable like the Pegasus and rather buy them if he feels necessary. He's reliable, smart, and I know he will show up on time and do his job well.

If you're just tryna get a job in the shoe industry cuz you like Yeezys and Js, nah.

It's just one of the last things I look for in a candidate. If he likes shoes, knows his stuff, gives great customer service, great. Otherwise, it's not all that important to me.

For example, there's a guy on my team who isn't interested in shoes at all and he's one of my best workers. Sure, he buys a nice pair every now and then but he'd rather get something comfortable like the Pegasus and rather buy them if he feels necessary. He's reliable, smart, and I know he will show up on time and do his job well.

If you're just tryna get a job in the shoe industry cuz you like Yeezys and Js, nah.

Got it. Sorry, I'm old and temporarily forgot about what kind of potential candidates you're likely dealing with for a job in a shoe store LOL

:rofl:These Holiday XI threads man.

I love the drought time when theres no early pics and we really out here throwing hands at each other.

We're really out here bickering about employee-job hiring philosophies. Progress.

i agree, and it pretty much goes for anywhere where it requires customer service!

keep it up, Fresh Prince!!!

fair enough. i do agree in a sense that it is quite rare to find a person who is into the sneaker culture as well as the sneaker tech for sales purposes. and if you can actually find one of those people working for you, he/she is a keeper!

These will be my first pair of 11's and honestly the only colorway I'm interested in. Instant beaters for next summer lmao

These shoes originally came out in 1996. The 22 year old guy working at Footlocker was just conceived around that time. We can't expect him to know too much about this shoe's history.

I want to get your opinions. If this has already been covered, forgive me. Any major difference between these and the 2011 Concords? I still have a DS pair of 2011s, so I’m pondering whether I should keep em, wear em and pass on the December release, or sell the 2011s and grab th upcoming release.

I want to get your opinions. If this has already been covered, forgive me. Any major difference between these and the 2011 Concords? I still have a DS pair of 2011s, so I’m pondering whether I should keep em, wear em and pass on the December release, or sell the 2011s and grab th upcoming release.

These are supposed to have the higher PL cut on them. I would probably keep both if it at all possible. Even if a shoe is poorly made or not up to standards in 2011 the concord is still iconic. I've struck out every single time the concord has release. From when I was kid in the 90s until now. I hope I can grab a pair this December. I am going extra hard this time to not miss out.

The difference between the shoe store employees from the 80,s and 90,s compared to now. Is that the teenagers and young adults working in them stores back then grew up along with the culture. So they had the knowledge of the tech and the history all together of the shoe. That's a big reason why we can't get mad at these youngsters that work in these stores nowadays.

Most people that I've grown up with that worked in Footlockers,Finishline,Champs or that where into shoes years ago. Do not care about being associated with the lifestyle of what it's become today. I have relatives including myself that grew up with the OG releases that never shop in these stores for these same reasons.

Most older cats that where around for the first fase as kids,don't want to be bothered with all the talk. They normally wear OG colorways and just stare at you with the leave me alone look lol. It doesn't matter how many pairs they make of these. This colorway brings out the beasts (old and new). Most of everybody will be trying to double or triple up. So production numbers will mean nothing this go around.

I understand that it could make some people mad though. I've had youngsters call out my 01,s,13,s Black/Red 1 as fake. Older employee checked the younger one on the 1, s quick. He said nah those aren't fake. I have a friend who always gets called out for fakes because he wears older released shoes that are still wearable. Alot of people dont know the year of specific releases. It what it is. Its nothing to get mad about. Its actually funny to me.

Because they think there so knowledgeable about what weve already experienced. Alot of us dont feel like explaining that this didn't just start 10 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom