Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

I was in grade 10. I remembered the internet just started back then. And there’s this website (cant remember if it’s Nike or a dedicated penny foamposite site) that have the shoes in various angles and I kept on goin to that site each nite to marvel at the design before bed time lol. Anybody know what I’m talking bout here?

I got the concord 11 for retail back then but had to pay resell for foamposite since there wasn’t any official release for it back then, I think I paid for almost twice of what I paid for concords, I paid bout $300 back then, but it was worth every penny as I wore the **** out of that shoes almost every single day lol. My aunts were pretty generous to me back then and I had a few of them. They always give me some money every time they visit so I had cash to burn lol. I also got the pearly white one and the black one later when they release it, but the blue ones was the real deal.

I'm confused. You're talking about the OG drop back in 1997? They did release in stores, though maybe not everywhere. But I was at a mall near Michigan State where I went to school, and that's sort of in the middle of nowhere, so if that store got them, I always assumed they were widely available. But anyway, you paid resell? In 1997? In 10th grade? How did that even work? Where could you pay resale prices for hard to find shoes back then? That entire idea didn't even exist yet, at least not in my world. And there was no ebay back then, either. You were way ahead of the curve if you were buying shoes on the resale market back then LOL

How are yall dropping 200+ every week on shoes but can't upgrade your ancient phones? I mean... I'm rocking an S8 with a cracked screen right now, but I'm not about to upgrade yet because the crack isn't that bad and I'm still making pauments on it... but 5S, thats like what... 4-5 generations back? Could have got a contract upgrade on that dinosaur. Next go round I'm getting a Google Pixel if they are still relevant.
it doesn’t necessarily mean you don’t have the money I had a aunt who had a iPhone 3 when the 7 was out she had money to get a new phone and her upgrade of course was overdue but she didn’t really care to have the newest phone some people are like that doesn’t mean they don’t have their priorities in order.

it doesn’t necessarily mean you don’t have the money I had a aunt who had a iPhone 3 when the 7 was out she had money to get a new phone and her upgrade of course was overdue but she didn’t really care to have the newest phone some people are like that doesn’t mean they don’t have their priorities in order.

exactly, if my phones not broke, im not buying a new one.

The 45 samples in that pic are not from 96. The 45s from last year release are the retro pe from 95. Yes the pl is exaggerated on the retro. But its is more true to the original than the 09 jam or 11 cord. The better design without doubt is the higher pl cut. That is my opinion. Even originals did not have consistent pl cut. Some were lower than others. But the majority of the original releases had a higher pl. Retros from 08 until 45 jams didn't.
Have never been a fan of these sneaker sites.
And yet they’re comparing the 2018 to the 2011 when their tweet is asking about “OG details”.

Attachments

• 235CB084-DFFD-4FE0-A8E4-284D9E7688F8.jpeg
    235CB084-DFFD-4FE0-A8E4-284D9E7688F8.jpeg
    164.3 KB · Views: 53
This thread is slow. Which is good as far as Im concerned. The 2011 seemed stupid by this time. Maybe Concords dont hit with as many as they once did. Still odd that this thread dont move like it used to. Only shoe I care to buy for the rest of this year. Still want two pair. If lucky lol.

This thread is slow. Which is good as far as Im concerned. The 2011 seemed stupid by this time. Maybe Concords dont hit with as many as they once did. Still odd that this thread dont move like it used to. Only shoe I care to buy for the rest of this year. Still want two pair. If lucky lol.

They ****** up putting the 45 on them.

They will still fly.

NT isn’t the same it was before the updated sight. These will still fly. The youth and most of the core consumers who will buy these up don’t care about a 45. If they’re anything like I was back in the 2000s in HS, they’ll think the 45 is a cool special edition that’s different from the normal 23. Being different is gold.

I work in the school system, and a lot of kids have all the releases we complain about on here. All the hype and the sitters

NT isn’t the same it was before the updated sight. These will still fly. The youth and most of the core who will buy these up don’t care about a 45. If they’re anything like I was back in the 2000s in HS, they’ll think the 45 is a cool special edition that’s different from the normal 23. Being different is gold.

Not when it comes to these it’s not. Concords don’t need a gimmick.

Not when it comes to these it’s not. Concords don’t need a gimmick.
These aren’t as much a gimmick as the Space Jam. Also, some gimmicks work. The looney toons stuff sold very well back in 2015-2016. These having the 45 isn’t exactly a gimmick to me, unless the gimmick is OG everything Player Exclusive.

11s have released every year for nearly the past 10 years, I think the hype is gone on 11s. They're very easy to get now. That's why people aren't fiending.

whats a good price to put for a buy it now for 2001 concord retro? used condition but not beat size 12

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom