Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

It truly is the greatest sneaker ever. I don’t care how popular 1’s are. The 11 is forever the most iconic Jordan ever. IT IS WRITTEN IN STONE. The materials and aesthetics were just ahead of their time and it’s become the most recognizable sneaker ever, and it could be used as an icon for not only the greatest player ever, but the greatest team also - it will forever be associated with the 72-10 Bulls. The way they did the black/red color blocking is flawless. They could retro these every year and I’d buy them. If I could only keep 1 pair of Jordans forever I’d choose these with absolutely zero hesitation. Just like if I could only keep 1 album the rest of my life it would be All Eyez On Me no hesitation.
Interesting…considering your avatar.

Personally I’ll always take Strictly For My N***** as the best Tupac album.

…and 1s as the GOAT Jordan.

Makaveli is Pac at his absolute prime. But All Eyez is one of the greatest musical achievements ever, and the fact it’s a double album that you can play almost all the way through is all the more impressive.

Strictly is criminally underrated though. I have ranked as being tied as his 4th best album with Thug Life, yet i still give these albums 4.5/5. Thug Life is one of the most underrated albums EVER, put the original “Out On Bail” and “Pain” on there and it’s a masterpiece.

I’m just not a huge 1’s guy. I’ll buy the classics, chis, Breds, UNC, and I want to get the white/blacks next year, but 3-14 is where it’s really at for me.

Last edited:
Ron Harper in the background wearing the Black/Red XI during the 1995-96 Bulls 72-10 championship season. I still remember he wore those XI in the later part of that season and the 1996 playoffs. He was smart with taking advantage of a hookup from his well known teammate.
1662052309223.png

Makaveli is Pac at his absolute prime. But All Eyez is one of the greatest musical achievements ever, and the fact it’s a double album that you can play almost all the way through is all the more impressive.

Strictly is criminally underrated though. I have ranked as being tied as his 4th best album with Thug Life, yet i still give these albums 4.5/5. Thug Life is one of the most underrated albums EVER, put the original “Out On Bail” and “Pain” on there and it’s a masterpiece.

I’m just not a huge 1’s guy. I’ll buy the classics, chis, Breds, UNC, and I want to get the white/blacks next year, but 3-14 is where it’s really at for me.
I understand your views on All Eyez on me. Its one of my favorite rap albums ever and one of the only ones from that era that I can still listen to until this day. I have nearly every song on it chopped and Screwed by DJ Screw.

But it's not one of the greatest musical achievements ever.:lol: That's extreme.

Personally, Me Against The World is my favorite 2Pac Album and All Eyez On Me would be next. Also, “Pain” is my favorite 2Pac song of All Time. I recite the first verse all the time and the original “Out on Bail” was amazing! I tend to listen to it on Fridays!

If you're talking specifically about black/reds, no one on the Bulls wore those till the playoffs.
Man, such a fun squad analyzing those kicks all year :lol:

Correct, MJ and Harp wore the Concords regular season, Pip and Kukoc typically rocked the Uptempos, Worm in his PE's. :pimp:

Then when the playoffs started and they opened up with the black shoes with black socks (first time in NBA) we went crazy

I understand your views on All Eyez on me. Its one of my favorite rap albums ever and one of the only ones from that era that I can still listen to until this day. I have nearly every song on it chopped and Screwed by DJ Screw.

But it's not one of the greatest musical achievements ever.:lol: That's extreme.
AEOM is like The White Album of hip hop. It is absolutely one of the best albums ever, regardless of genre - the magnum opus of one of the most important artists of all time. Even Vibe magazine listed it as one of the most essential albums of the 20th century. The song writing is top notch and musically the album is IMPECCABLY recorded, produced, and engineered.

AEOM is like The White Album of hip hop. It is absolutely one of the best albums ever, regardless of genre - the magnum opus of one of the most important artists of all time. Even Vibe magazine listed it as one of the most essential albums of the 20th century. It is top notch lyrically and musically, especially the latter, the album is IMPECCABLY recorded, produced, and engineered.
Personally, Me Against The World is my favorite 2Pac Album and All Eyez On Me would be next. Also, “Pain” is my favorite 2Pac song of All Time. I recite the first verse all the time and the original “Out on Bail” was amazing! I tend to listen to it on Fridays!
Me Against The World is classic too, a masterpiece in its own right. PAC’s final 3 albums is the best trio of albums in hip hop history imo.

I like the concords prob better than Bred XIs but I also was never a big Pac fan. Doggystyle or the Chronic are my top 90s rap albums.

Question for those who owned/worn the OG's, 2001's, and the 2019's... I know the 2019's are more close to the OG's lookwise, but which one of MORE comfortable? The 2001 or 2019's?​

Reaffirming what’s already been stated, the 00-01 XIs definitely had softer midsoles than the OGs and recent retros. It was the main reason I never hooped in them, they didn’t feel like they had enough support. The OG/2019 on the other hand feel like actual basketball shoes on feet.

Back
Top Bottom