Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

How are y’all’s pairs holding up. My triplets as of yesterday. Pair on front right is my wear pair. Worn them at least 100 times.

A8FFC9EC-0598-4E65-8F32-C9B05ED45C6B.jpeg

Yep. I wore my ogs for years before they had enough. Man I’m so tempted to buy a 4th pair. It’s my fav shoe ever but I’ll probably stick with 3.
I was just coming from the angle of, K Kierris noted that the above pair basically looks new after more than two years. This happens a lot on NT where people comment about how a pair is "holding up" and people post pics of shoes that in reality have barely been worn. True, more than two years have passed since they released, but 100 wears during that time is only a few months' worth of actual wear, not two years' worth. At least not to someone who remembers that we used to, you know, get some shoes and wear them practically every day till we couldn't wear them anymore. Having tons of shoes in your closet and wearing them four or five times per month isn't exactly a good demonstration of how a given pair ages or holds up LOL

I was just coming from the angle of, K Kierris noted that the above pair basically looks new after more than two years. This happens a lot on NT where people comment about how a pair is "holding up" and people post pics of shoes that in reality have barely been worn. True, more than two years have passed since they released, but 100 wears during that time is only a few months' worth of actual wear, not two years' worth. At least not to someone who remembers that we used to, you know, get some shoes and wear them practically every day till we couldn't wear them anymore. Having tons of shoes in your closet and wearing them four or five times per month isn't exactly a good demonstration of how a given pair ages or holds up LOL
I get what you're saying and I agree but I was referring to my experience. My playoff 11s are my most worn kicks outside of my red cement 3s and hall of fame 3s & those things still look new. I think the fact they are mostly black and the patent leather is easy to clean plays a large part in that. As long as you keep the white midsole clean, then these will look great for years to come. I really do understand where you're coming from though because I have tons of shoes copped years ago that haven't been worn but I'm on the road during the week and I tend to only pull out new kicks on vacations or when I pop out which is why my backlog is so crazy right now.

I know these about the 2019, y’all made me go check in on my 2012 pair, which I haven’t worn in a whole. But they’re holding up fairly well, no sole separation or anything, just need a touch up clean and clear up the soles. I guess that’s the reason why I passed on the 2019’s, even though now I’m regretting it.

Attachments

• C107375A-F036-4A79-B047-89C776B0440E.jpeg
    C107375A-F036-4A79-B047-89C776B0440E.jpeg
    364.5 KB · Views: 173
  • 7D2B2E35-7F50-4BCC-B98F-DE45B4EBFF92.jpeg
    7D2B2E35-7F50-4BCC-B98F-DE45B4EBFF92.jpeg
    362 KB · Views: 800
Man, I grew up with those cartoon shirts. I think a lot of us did. They'd always hit the racks at Carson's the day after the championship. I'd get a new one every year. It'd be school gear till they eventually became PJ wear. Wish I kept them.
I copped the first 3 title championship t-shirts, I’m probably gonna find the 96 t-shirt some time soon.

Back
Top Bottom