Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

Breds are #1 for me, but Concords are SUPER close. I experienced the same thing Rainking did with the Concords, not since the Infared 6 had I wanted a shoe so badly. That being said I’ve always had an affinity for black and red J’s cause it’s just such a classic coloring, and when they came out u know it was playoffs time. The 11 was love at first sight for me, and as much as I loved the Concords when I got them on release day, I was already wondering what a black red version of this shoe would look like, and the final product didn’t disappoint one bit.

Nt3.png
Nt4.png

Share from the Cool thread.
Most rotations by order you ask?

4. DS Cool { awaiting rotation }
3. Concord
2. Concord Jams
1. The King! The GOAT! MFin 2019 Black n Reds lol
Man that back shot of the 2019s look like the OGs.

Those shots you posted of the ogs almost made me disappointed in these tbh.​
Honestly if the outsole had a been a vibrant true red, outside of material quality differences, aesthetically speaking these would have been almost 1:1 compared to the '96 originals (imo)​

I agree 💯%.

That's the ONLY thing that ***** up the 2019's. That dark, dull *** red shade, that they used. The vibrant red on the 96's, was PERFECTION!!!

Some MORE OG pics, that took back in 2018...

8)

WP_20180511_19_42_09_Rich.jpg
WP_20180511_19_39_43_Pro.jpg
WP_20180511_19_44_43_Rich.jpg

ezgif-2-9931a9eecd33.+gif.gif

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

Over time I have started questioning the outsole on the 96. Were they really that color on release? or are we looking at an oxidized outsole effect that was once a true red? Close up eastbay pics from back then look pretty close to what we got a few years ago. Is it possible for 25 year old outsole to oxidize to a max orange like color over time and be perceived as vibrant? The pic I posted a page or so back shows a clear difference of color from the jumpman to the outsole. I believe at one time they matched upon being made.

Over time I have started questioning the outsole on the 96. Were they really that color on release? or are we looking at an oxidized outsole effect that was once a true red? Close up eastbay pics from back then look pretty close to what we got a few years ago. Is it possible for 25 year old outsole to oxidize to a max orange like color over time and be perceived as vibrant? The pic I posted a page or so back shows a clear difference of color from the jumpman to the outsole. I believe at one time they matched upon being made.
This is an excellent point and something I have thought many times. Colors might have been a bit different but not as much as it seems. The oxidation is a big reason for the color.

At least imo

Can 100% verify with certainty that the dye has faded from the OGs producing a lighter shade. Even more so if the pair in comparison did not have the best storage.
Uppers have produced a faint red hue as opposed to jet black and the soles a lighter shade of red. This is a thing of dye loss both in upper and sole and general oxidation.
Thats coming from someone who had an extremely critical eye of the 11s. Keep in mind not every pair is created equal both OG and 2019 some were crafted better and also the rubber compound is different between the two as well, OGs feel sticky as if the grip would be better.

Do the 2019's LOOK like OG's, in this picture I took??

20211211_014709+.jpg

Someone on IG said they did.

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin
Why yes..they do.
Not every pair is created equal but can say with most certainty that my pair does. Primary difference being that the Tawain OGs onhand feature a satan vs mirror finish on the patent.
1 for 1 no but too close for me to bicker over.
Cant say same for the 12s.

Only way JB can improve over this release is to use even better materials and maybe a less dark outsole next time (though in well lit areas the red pops pretty well). I was thinking of letting these go but when I pulled them out and looked at them again, after really thinking about it I decided they're staying with me no matter what. I'm not big on 11s though I do love the design and history and all. Maybe I'll bust em out for my own "championship" when I graduate from college soon.
20200428_205422.jpg

Once we get 23 Concords and ACTUAL Space Jams in the current mold they can do whatever they want. I won't be buying anymore 11s after those two release.

Edit: Also a proper Columbia retro as well for those that have been waiting. Once the OG 11 set is fully complete, then yeah I don't care what they do with the model.

Thought space jams were the first of the 11s to actually be close to the original release?
The 2016 "Space Jams" were the first step towards recreating the OG shape but they still needed some adjustments. When you sit them next to the '18 Concords, '19 Playoffs, etc the difference is very noticeable. From the Concords to the Cool Grey's JB improved the shape, with the Cool Grey's currently being the closest to the OG shape IIRC. However my point was that we still haven't gotten an actual Space Jam retro in the current mold as the pair we got in 2016 were MJ's PE's from the 1995 Eastern Conference Semi Finals I think? A proper retro of the movie pair has yet to occur.

The 2016 "Space Jams" were the first step towards recreating the OG shape but they still needed some adjustments. When you sit them next to the '18 Concords, '19 Playoffs, etc the difference is very noticeable. From the Concords to the Cool Grey's JB improved the shape, with the Cool Grey's currently being the closest to the OG shape IIRC. However my point was that we still haven't gotten an actual Space Jam retro in the current mold as the pair we got in 2016 were MJ's PE's from the 1995 Eastern Conference Semi Finals I think? A proper retro of the movie pair has yet to occur.

And needs to.
With the exception of the shape, what else is missing other than 23 vs 45? The color was accurate to the movie pair.

If they did a 23 retro in the cool grey mold, 9/10 people wouldn’t be able to tell them apart from the 2016 pair. I’d love a new pair of jams but I’d rather see them put effort towards some other pairs that haven’t seen a good retro in a while/ever.

With the exception of the shape, what else is missing other than 23 vs 45? The color was accurate to the movie pair.

If they did a 23 retro in the cool grey mold, 9/10 people wouldn’t be able to tell them apart from the 2016 pair. I’d love a new pair of jams but I’d rather see them put effort towards some other pairs that haven’t seen a good retro in a while/ever.
I agree. A Culumbia with a stitched 23 is needed with this new shape. We know they can hit the correct tint of blue on the outsole. But when they do decide to release an actual Space Jam, I want the same attention to detail. The 45 pe is a true favorite of mine regardless of shape. So I can wait.

Back
Top Bottom