AIR JORDAN 11 “GRATITUDE” / THANK YOU - 12/09/2023

Hype 1s , definitely
4s, definitely (and even 4 hype is starting to die)

The only 3s I seen kids go after was the Reimagined White Cement, and then when they realized hype and resale wasn’t on par with Reimagined L&F 1s they lost interest

I work surrounded by 18-24 year olds from all around the country and other countries all day. In my 3 years at this spot I’ve never seen ONE pair of 11s in the wild

Dunks, Jordan 1s and 4s, NBs, Yeezy 350s still hanging in there, Birkenstocks, every type of off brand cream color sneaker you can imagine

They don’t really have a frame of reference for 11s. No influencers from their generation are wearing them. They don’t know how to style a patent leather shoe (without Tik Tok showing them)

These and Jordan 8s at the end of the month are gonna be cake if you’re smart about it. Theres only a specific older demographic who has any type of connection to those Jordan’s . We gotta let go of our collective 11 PTSD from all that chaos, all those years. It’s over. We won :lol:
You're probably right. I've gone through some battles through the years trying to get 11s. Thank God it all paid off. Looking forward to the easy cop (positive affirmation).

Hype 1s , definitely
4s, definitely (and even 4 hype is starting to die)

The only 3s I seen kids go after was the Reimagined White Cement, and then when they realized hype and resale wasn’t on par with Reimagined L&F 1s they lost interest

I work surrounded by 18-24 year olds from all around the country and other countries all day. In my 3 years at this spot I’ve never seen ONE pair of 11s in the wild

Dunks, Jordan 1s and 4s, NBs, Yeezy 350s still hanging in there, Birkenstocks, every type of off brand cream color sneaker you can imagine

They don’t really have a frame of reference for 11s. No influencers from their generation are wearing them. They don’t know how to style a patent leather shoe (without Tik Tok showing them)

These and Jordan 8s at the end of the month are gonna be cake if you’re smart about it. Theres only a specific older demographic who has any type of connection to those Jordan’s . We gotta let go of our collective 11 PTSD from all that chaos, all those years. It’s over. We won :lol:
I think the 8’s are gonna sit…. But I have two high school sons and trust me teenagers still wear XI’s. I think we are getting it twisted because none of the younger crowd liked the cherries. Both of my kids thought they were trash. Ask them about CG’s or an OG colorway and that’s gonna be a different story. Not saying these will be hard to get but people will still manage to strike out.

what dude isn’t factoring is the better pair of 11s only drop once a year so of course you’re gonna see more 1s and 4s

they’re all year drops, damn near weekly

If 11s was still hot kids would be moving through hell and high water for them the same way they do for 4s, SBs and collabs

They’d be buying and promoting 11 reps like they do for other sneakers they like

It’s just not a silhouette Gen Z cares about. It is what it is. The shoe had a good 25 year run. But unless Travis Scott or some influencer brings them back into the conversation it’s cooked

Happens to every hot style/clothing item. It comes. It goes. Dudes should be happy. These will be light work

If I’m gonna keep it a buck, no one’s moving through hell and high water for anything outside of super limited collabs right now. Everything else is sitting or at worst still a relatively easy cop. I think those SB 4’s were the toughest thing for me to get my hands on in the last year and even those weren’t all that difficult. Sneaker market is slow and I’m not complaining about it either.

If I’m gonna keep it a buck, no one’s moving through hell and high water for anything outside of super limited collabs right now. Everything else is sitting or at worst still a relatively easy cop. I think those SB 4’s were the toughest thing for me to get my hands on in the last year and even those weren’t all that difficult. Sneaker market is slow and I’m not complaining about it either.

Reimagined 3s ppl went crazy for, all ages

Reimagined 3s ppl went crazy for, all ages
Yeah people loved them no doubt but it wasn’t some crazy difficult cop. I ended up with 3 size 10’s with minimal effort. I gave 1 to my son. They sat around for a week or so in my area. All I’m say is the market is slower right now and things are a lot easier to get. People have other priorities with their money with all of this inflation we’ve been dealing with.

2 million pairs of a shoe vs 50k of another just isn’t comparable honestly

you seem to strictly be going by ease of purchase but negating the added supply

it’s not heavy in conversation cause again it’s an annual release

the shoes will have zero problem selling

this is all from a guy who hasn’t worn a pair of 11s since the second release of cool greys with the low patent cut so I’m not caping for the shoe at all

11s haven’t shown any sign of stagnation, if they did we’d have a different holiday shoe by now

when I go to my grandmothers house every christmas all the youngins in the family have the 11s on like clockwork with some of the other mentioned shoes sprinkled in

none of this is me saying the shoe will be hard to get

I’m expecting them to bring their production numbers down in the near future. Wouldn’t be shocked if there’s less of these XI’s made the way things have been going. I’m sure they don’t want XI’s sitting on shelves into January. I’d love to see it but that’s just not how Nike likes to do business with these releases.

But there hasn’t been 11s sitting on shelves into January though.
Just expecting them to be proactive and not reactive. Sneakers clearly aren’t moving the way they had been the previous 2+ years. Its hard for me to see them selling a million pairs of these in December in this climate like they have been doing. Even interest amongst enthusiasts is way down. This thread is on page 44 in September. An XI thread is usually well over 100 pages in by now. On top of that yet another price hike. I just don’t see the demand there for the Massive amount of XI’s they usually put out every year. I may very well be wrong but I’m not seeing it. If they were to make 800k instead of 1 million that’s still a massive release.

Last edited:
This is their one time of year release shoe. This shoe’s sole intent and purpose is to garner the interest in the masses come holiday shopping season and take Nike well above the red.

Whether you think the interest in 11s or not, it’s more than likely the lack of execution in some of them. This year’s will have plenty interest.

We’re not even the majority of the public here on NT that are purchasing.

This is their one time of year release shoe. This shoe’s sole intent and purpose is to garner the interest in the masses come holiday shopping season and take Nike well above the red.

Whether you think the interest in 11s or not, it’s more than likely the lack of execution in some of them. This year’s will have plenty interest.

We’re not even the majority of the public here on NT that are purchasing.
I don’t think you’re wrong at all. I absolutely believe it will be the biggest release by far this year like it always is. I just think a numbers will be down a bit like everything else is trending.

I don’t disagree with you. I don’t think interest in XI’s is down. I think interest in everything is down across the board right now.

yeah I don’t even think the interest is down but more so people simply don’t have the bread

as for this release I think they still produced high numbers of em cause the shoes are made over a year prior although I’m sure they had insights as to where the economy would be

I’d love to see these and the white/red 12s sitting in stores

I don’t disagree with you. I don’t think interest in XI’s is down. I think interest in everything is down across the board right now.

I think all anybody is saying here is that 11s ain’t a silhouette anybody under 30 gon break their necks to get anymore. Lucky for Nike there are enough people over 30 who still love 11s so they not gonna sit

But the days of 11s all ages pandemonium on release day are over. No more stampeding at the mall. No more people chasing you into the parking lot tryna offer you $500 for your pair. No more people having to be worried about getting jumped for theirs. THATS what prime 11 hype was

That type of behavior is reserved for other shoes/models these days. Every style has its time.

Back
Top Bottom