AIR JORDAN 11 “GRATITUDE” / THANK YOU - 12/09/2023

The more I look at these the more I realize they were probably just a factory prototype. The jumpman l, whaether embroidered or not doesn’t mean much to me, but I think the current soles compliment the gold accents better than the icey blue sole does imo.

The icy sole ages better and would compliment the gold more than the milky sole does

IMG_4185.jpeg

Go look at used pairs of dmp’s, the icy sole aged make em better, thats a sole that looks better with time with the color setup imo

IMG_4186.jpeg

That milky aint hittin like that icy sole, and both pairs above are used, even the dmp being much older still looks better

Im just a icy sole fan also, and the embroidered jumpman with the leather upper gave these more of a premium look and feel But I know they are trying to replicate the first rendition as close as possible so I get it

No an icy blue sole wouldn’t compliment the gold in these. If anything when the milky sole ages it better offsets the gold and gives a more gold appearance/tint.

No an icy blue sole wouldn’t compliment the gold in these. If anything when the milky sole ages it better offsets the gold and gives a more gold appearance/tint.
you dont think the above photos I posted show the opposite?

Also heres a pic of the dmp pack when first released

Air-Jordan-Defining-Moments-Pack-DMP-Retro-6-Retro-11.jpg

IMG_4188.jpeg

Them icy soles hitttttin boy u cant say im lyin

(Also the eyelet spellouts would have been a nice touch on this yrs release)

Idk why they didnt stick to the script but JB gonna JB

Last edited:
No. What you want is a more clear look. When that really yellows, it’ll look more piss yellow than gold. The milky sole plays better off the gold. It already looks/appears gold tinted. Even the 72-10 you posted appears more gold looking than the other.

Nah man ill have to respectfully disagree brody

Doesnt matter cuz they went with the milk so u win lol

But I will say for 17 years a ds pair of the 06 joints dont look bad and is not pissy like apple juice

IMG_4190.jpeg

But like you already said. You’re an iced sole fan so you’re biased. So chances are your opinion wouldn’t have changed either way.

But like you already said. You’re an iced sole fan so you’re biased. So chances are your opinion wouldn’t have changed either way.

Well we both said our piece, as more ppl read our dialogue we will read the room

Also heres a pic of the dmp pack when first released

Air-Jordan-Defining-Moments-Pack-DMP-Retro-6-Retro-11.jpg

IMG_4188.jpeg

Them icy soles hitttttin boy u cant say im lyin

(Also the eyelet spellouts would have been a nice touch on this yrs release)

Idk why they didnt stick to the script but JB gonna JB

If by icey you mean clear, than id be okay with that. but icey blue would be a weird contrast with the gold accents IMO. Especially if the pairs that release arent made with a warmer white leather rather than cripsy white. For these in particular thouhgh i think the cloudy white will age better in the long run.
1688571302913.png

1688571616608.png

Attachments

• 1688571381014.png
    1688571381014.png
    263.6 KB · Views: 870
Concords are meant to have the clear translucent bottom.. DMP and this DMP 2 are supposed to be SLIGHT variations of that. So the desire over this milky gold crap is weird.. the only thing that should be gold is the JM and the hits on the tongue.. anything else is basically an opinion.

It’s all opinions if we’re being honest lol. These aren’t a 1:1 retro of the original. I think that’s what some in here are struggling with imo.

It’s all opinions if we’re being honest lol. These aren’t a 1:1 retro of the original. I think that’s what some in here are struggling with imo.

Yes opinions, this is a blog we all chattin

But i do believe some of these brands come in here and be like sting in the rafters and read these posts

Personally I would prefer the blue tint or clear ice look. This is just another example of JB doin what they do best. Setting up a future release of these again, only to be done closer to the 2006 look. Not even mad about it. We all know this game by now. I have not purchased an 11 since the playoff drop. So im looking forward to these.

Ultimately we’re just talking preference. How much or how little homage these pay to the Concords is outside of the discussion of what sole compliments gold better lol

For me personally, in the past decade, between the 2 highs and the lows, my icey blue concord itch has been scratched. But I think it’s cool that the JB is taking this approaches with this release because most people’s interaction with DMPs In the past decade has been with a shoe that looks a lot more like what’s releasing this year than the blue soles concords that we’ve been getting in the same time period. But again, it boils down to preference

Off topic dude that had the first sample sold em for $900

If i was rolling in the dough I would have copped

Na im not saying im not copping, but it went from 2-3 to just 1 pair if its an easy grab

I agree, but it’s still opinion lol

The gold tint/milky sole is a plus for me. It’s a bit more to separate them from Concords. I love the original DMP 11, but these are more in hand of what they should’ve been, IMO lol

Always felt that’s why they considered putting the letters on the eyelets, something to separate from just being Concords with gold accents.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom