AIR JORDAN 11 “GRATITUDE” / THANK YOU - 12/09/2023

Ok, let me start by saying I absolutely loved my dmp 11s. I mean just even looking at them brings so many memories.

These new joints, I feel nothing. The quality, the patent leather, even the smell is trash.

Some comparison pics..

OG DMP (patent crosscut)
CF9B6AC9-76C5-4EBD-A527-1E538F25F084.jpeg

Gratitudes (patent looks literally painted on)
A914EBD2-241C-4F78-9393-98D7D35A7D2D.jpeg

And most importantly, wth is up with this jump man…
72E46C3A-4DA0-453D-9C24-BBB457EFB159.jpeg

Info on the device/camera! S23 Ultra? iPhone 14 or 15 Pro/Max? Sorry to ask. I'm a Fold5 person, and the camera system isn't that great.

Your close-up shots really do show how thin the PL is. I haven't worn mine, nor looked at them much. I think I'm outside of the return window. So, good or bad, they're mine now LOL.

Good detail in these photos.

Info on the device/camera! S23 Ultra? iPhone 14 or 15 Pro/Max? Sorry to ask. I'm a Fold5 person, and the camera system isn't that great.

Your close-up shots really do show how thin the PL is. I haven't worn mine, nor looked at them much. I think I'm outside of the return window. So, good or bad, they're mine now LOL.

Good detail in these photos.
That jumpman does look funky 🤣. The last pic the patent leather doesn’t look any thinner than your first pic 🤷‍♂️

Ok, let me start by saying I absolutely loved my dmp 11s. I mean just even looking at them brings so many memories.

These new joints, I feel nothing. The quality, the patent leather, even the smell is trash.

Some comparison pics..

OG DMP (patent crosscut)

That jumpman. Front leg is twice as long as the back one rofl. Michael “the stilt” Jordan?

Walk right into dtlr @ Fulton mall bk you know that crazy strip. Where all you see is nice butts going up and down the avenue. Where the juniors cheesecake is at. Anyway I told the manager what size I was looking for he pulled it from under the register I hope it ain’t a fake or exchanged look clean minus the scratches on the pl. the toe box felt good even though I went a whole size up.

Some comparison pics..

OG DMP (patent crosscut)

These are better than DMPs lol.

Better than OG DMPs how? Quality? Nope. Price? Nope. Nostagia? Nope. Shape? Nope. I’m not seeing how the new pair is better. Beautiful, yes, but not better.

Better than OG DMPs how? Quality? Nope. Price? Nope. Nostagia? Nope. Shape? Nope. I’m not seeing how the new pair is better. Beautiful, yes, but not better.
’06 pair had a thicker cut of PL and that’s where the advantages end. Gratitudes are superior in every other category. On top of the Jumpman facing the correct way, More accurate PL cut… your not gonna sit here and tell me the shape on the 06 pair is more accurate to the original pairs because it absolutely is not. The DMP was the beginning of the garbage XI era. It wasn’t quite as bad as the CDP’s but they were definitely trending in the wrong direction just like that Jumpman.

’06 pair had a thicker cut of PL and that’s where the advantages end. Gratitudes are superior in every other category. On top of the Jumpman facing the correct way, More accurate PL cut… your not gonna sit here and tell me the shape on the 06 pair is more accurate to the original pairs because it absolutely is not. The DMP was the beginning of the garbage XI era. It wasn’t quite as bad as the CDP’s but they were definitely trending in the wrong direction just like that Jumpman.
QFT

I don’t care which one is better in pics. Execution and my $330 matters more than how it appears on ig.

If these wack gratitude joints crease like a 8 x 11 paper and breakdown after 10 wears, they are vastly inferior to a pair I’ve had for 20 years now and worn easily a hundred + times.

I don’t care which one is better in pics. Execution and my $330 matters more than how it appears on ig.

If these wack gratitude joints crease like a 8 x 11 paper and breakdown after 10 wears, they are vastly inferior to a pair I’ve had for 20 years now and worn easily a hundred + times.
$330 is crazy

The execution on the Gratitude’s is top notch. Have we decided these crease after 10 wears? Mine haven’t creased and I wear them regularly, granted I’m not hooping or running a marathon in em but I’m playing with my kid.

Also these are $5 cheaper than the DMPs. If you want to complain about price you need to understand what money is worth across time.

We gotta normalize not propping up the older releases just because they are older. JB has its issues with quality control etc, but they always have since before they were even JB. Some of the older retros were trash. It is what it is, after the first retro era some time around 2005-2006 **** went way downhill for quite sometime. CDP’s, mostly trash. All of the IV’s in 2006/2007 SUPER TRASH. Those Mars joints and the first military blue retro literally felt like vinyl. Every XI from 2008-2015 HORRIBLE. The list goes on. That DMP pack wasn’t horrible but the shape was definitely worse than the first retro XI’s. It falls somewhere between them and the trash that started coming out after the CDP. I know nostalgia be having us not wanting to admit the truth but it is what it is.

We also gotta normalize differences.. Ill give you PL cut being more true but OG DMP's poop on the new pair. These are so true to OG but they have a leather upper :lol:

If you feel they are better cool.. that's crazy talk to me though lmao.

We also gotta normalize differences.. Ill give you PL cut being more true but OG DMP's poop on the new pair. These are so true to OG but they have a leather upper :lol:

If you feel they are better cool.. that's crazy talk to me though lmao.
Same boat. These aren’t even close to being worthy of the same name or nickname. XIs haven’t been comfortable since after the DMP, PL is lower than OG but not ridiculous, clear soles are better, CF is better, PL is better. I’m lost on what is better, but to each their own and I will enjoy both.

I have no dog in this fight but didn't JB explicitly state that these are not DMPs? I mean everyone comparing the two releases are doing so on their own accord as JB told us they aren't a retro of the DMPs. Gratitudes and DMPs, while very similar, are two different iterations of the 11.

Same boat. These aren’t even close to being worthy of the same name or nickname. XIs haven’t been comfortable since after the DMP, PL is lower than OG but not ridiculous, clear soles are better, CF is better, PL is better. I’m lost on what is better, but to each their own and I will enjoy both.
It’s almost like it’s not the same name and not the same shoe! Crazy right?

I have no dog in this fight but didn't JB explicitly state that these are not DMPs? I mean everyone comparing the two releases are doing so on their own accord as JB told us they aren't a retro of the DMPs. Gratitudes and DMPs, while very similar, are two different iterations of the 11.
I still think these are closer to the Royalty taxis than DMPs in terms of design and colorway. These aren’t DMPs and never were meant to be.

Back
Top Bottom