Air Jordan 1 x UNION LA Thread

0D33D86D-F56B-44CF-9398-7458BE7EC9C7.jpeg
0EF77212-5A24-4D94-9E17-3DDC3C89F33A.jpeg
0059A082-F429-4649-B1C7-12940CE90F31.jpeg

You could argue the frag has Is slightly more rounded than unions. But pairs will vary.

SBB just had a really tall black toe guard panel cut, which led to it looking less sleek. It's just a chunkier toe box altogether.
It took me a second to realize what was going on scrolling up. lol

I was like oke whats wrong with this guys sbb? What am i looking for?

Thanks for the comparisons

SBB looks gross

The unions look amazing

The Frags look no better than shadows, with the shadows possibly being superior. Someone correct me on that if im wrong. Ive never held frags.

Maybe edit in the shadows....

SBB looks gross

The unions look amazing

The Frags look no better than shadows, with the shadows possibly being superior. Someone correct me on that if im wrong. Ive never held frags.

Maybe edit in the shadows....

The Frags at the time they were released were much higher quality than anything we had seen in recent years. Keep in mind they were the first remastered pair. The black panels on them are actually extremely soft, even though they don't look nearly as good as unions. Blue and white portions of frags are okay quality, nothing outstanding by today's standards. You are paying for the limited factor and the collab, not the quality with frags.

All of the recent releases royals, shadows, bred toes, purples, greens, blk/red I would put them all sort of in the same material quality bucket. The colored panels were nice looking and relatively soft. The black panels were durable, but stiff.

Unions are soft on every single panel. Again soft to the point where I think people who are clumsy with their feet and kick/scrape their shoes are going to tear these up.

Fake Update:

The Blues are out there now. They have replicated the box.

Please be careful.

The Frags at the time they were released were much higher quality than anything we had seen in recent years. Keep in mind they were the first remastered pair. The black panels on them are actually extremely soft, even though they don't look nearly as good as unions. Blue and white portions of frags are okay quality, nothing outstanding by today's standards. You are paying for the limited factor and the collab, not the quality with frags.

All of the recent releases royals, shadows, bred toes, purples, greens, blk/red I would put them all sort of in the same material quality bucket. The colored panels were nice looking and relatively soft. The black panels were durable, but stiff.

Unions are soft on every single panel. Again soft to the point where I think people who are clumsy with their feet and kick/scrape their shoes are going to tear these up.
otivox4d6ac9o5qu8qkq.jpg

It varied from pair to pair, but overall I'd say they were pretty similar in material quality. I've seen some bad pairs of each release, with funny mismatched tumbling on left or right shoe. But on average pretty similar. Did you have different findings?

it took 3 shots but i finally got an all leather pair. 3rd times def a charm.lol

From what ive seen the only part that varied was the black collar. 2 out of 3 were a combo. It was totally worth it when they matched up

0AFCD735-B6DF-43C6-823A-82F4329AF364.jpeg
0F7260EE-BE3C-4EAC-B6E7-4B565A57C89E.jpeg
D2D2E41A-F2E4-4980-8F72-E85927540145.jpeg
1FFA8AAC-EE10-4F35-9648-527C88261148.jpeg
39AD56B8-D8F8-4419-AB1D-9DF066A595F0.jpeg

Again pair to pair it will vary.

The toe box leather on my greens I am not a fan of, but my friend had a pair that looked like the purples.

For those who have their pairs, at what point did UPS MyChoice allow you to setup a pickup? Mine is scheduled for tomorrow but hasn’t allowed that option yet..

yours still look better than how the rest of the colorways have it. those two pieces are what separates them from the pack. not to mention the rest is chicago soft (sans hard chi collar).

youre not getting those stress marks with the black plastic

yours still look better than how the rest of the colorways have it.

Tbh I never really paid much attention to the lace hole area until you mentioned it.

I figure Nike has to use something plasticky and durable there because the friction from pulling on laces will tear up softer materials.

Most of the time I look at the toe box, side panels, heel and collar.

Tbh I never really paid much attention to the lace hole area until you mentioned it.

I figure Nike has to use something plasticky and durable there because the friction from pulling on laces will tear up softer materials.

Most of the time I look at the toe box, side panels, heel and collar.

thats why they skimp out there, because you dont notice it until you do, then it feels like youre wearing trash

the plastic will crack over time. you want leather there

Back
Top Bottom