Air Jordan 1 x UNION LA Thread

Union’s IG is flooded with comments about shipping. I don’t see why they aren’t just addressing it in one simple post to shut people up.

Is the union shipping experience the worst of all time? Or is it still Yeezysupply
I waited almost a whole month for royals back in 2013

it happened with shoe palace too cause the shipment of my size got delayed for weeks

this was kind of light compared to that lol

That's what I've been saying. All Union has to do is come out and say "We are backed up on orders right now. All orders that haven't been cancelled yet are safe. We expect to have all pairs shipped out by x date"

Done

Union’s IG is flooded with comments about shipping. I don’t see why they aren’t just addressing it in one simple post to shut people up.

Probably because there are so many unique issues.. some got shipping some didnt and in between that there are so many things happening.

I've been on and off the phone with UPS today because a package that was supposed to go right to the access point is doing everything BUT that.. For my personal situation it's ******* frustrating to have to deal with this in 2018. I work.. I can't be at home waiting for ******* packages.. why am I still dealing with these dumb *** issues.

The lack of communication is particularly bad because they've already passed their ToS processing time (by quite a lot), and if you're not one of the people who watch these threads you'd never know they already finished cancellations.

Then there's the concern that you might get cancelled anyway, or if they oversold (as restock orders shipped before OGs) resulting in cancellation again. There's a number of issues beyond them simply being slow. And as unfortunate as it is, I am still not confident I will get my pair considering that. Hopeful, but I won't say "W" til they're in hand.

The lack of communication is particularly bad because they've already passed their ToS processing time (by quite a lot), and if you're not one of the people who watch these threads you'd never know they already finished cancellations.

Then there's the concern that you might get cancelled anyway, or if they oversold (as restock orders shipped before OGs) resulting in cancellation again. There's a number of issues beyond them simply being slow. And as unfortunate as it is, I am still not confident I will get my pair considering that. Hopeful, but I won't say "W" til they're in hand.

And to make matters worse.... there’s the possible wrong size / wrong colour factor. Sheesh! I won’t lie.... I thought about selling mine, but IF what I ordered shows up..... I’m rocking them until they fall apart. There’s a lot of what ifs and unknowns between now and delivery day.
Sz 13...... OG order 7xxx Canada....... still team unfulfilled

5dbb3a1c-714e-4993-abff-39b6c96f0f0a.jpg

Good mail day.
FINALLY in hand. These are very nice.

And to make matters worse.... there’s the possible wrong size / wrong colour factor. Sheesh! I won’t lie.... I thought about selling mine, but IF what I ordered shows up..... I’m rocking them until they fall apart. There’s a lot of what ifs and unknowns between now and delivery day.
Sz 13...... OG order 7xxx Canada....... still team unfulfilled
Seeing people get the wrong pairs is messed up. I could deal with getting Blues instead of the Blacks I ordered, only because I could flip them for the Blacks. But the reverse would suck especially if you don't dig the Blacks and couldn't afford or want to pony up extra cash to trade.

5xxx Canada. I'm hoping today or tomorrow is the day, though, as I saw someone else with my size and color ship here on Friday.

It was a great experience for me. Very satisfied. 5 star. They delivered on their end.

Lmao well I stand corrected.

But for real the whole reason I've been raging in this thread is because this is unacceptable. I know I got my shoes but it shouldn't have taken this long and it certainly shouldn't be people still waiting for a tracking number. As consumers of we don't speak up we're going to continue to get screwed. That's why I support people speaking out/raging in the comments is how we make change. Listening to these Zen Masters will have yall waiting until you're on your death bed.

same as like if i have both pairs and you dont and i say "relax theyre just shoes" lol

Lmao well I stand corrected.

But for real the whole reason I've been raging in this thread is because this is unacceptable. I know I got my shoes but it shouldn't have taken this long and it certainly shouldn't be people still waiting for a tracking number. As consumers of we don't speak up we're going to continue to get screwed. That's why I support people speaking out/raging in the comments is how we make change. Listening to these Zen Masters will have yall waiting until you're on your death bed.
I know I'm repeating myself but I don't understand the people defending them. They broke their TOS and this speed is insane. Silence on top of it.

But that begs the question: Why do these people care about Union? They're a business, run for profit (the owner has passion but not much for his customers it seems). They literally do not care about you on an individual level.

Talked to the fine folks over at
714-242-4299 and they said by end of week my order will ship........ hopefully.......They said stock was fine and they have cancelled the orders they needed to so let’s hope it all works out!

One day I'll have both in hand.
I'm playing delivery tag with ups smh. Of course like everybody else, I have a job too and can't take off to continue playing tag with ups and union. **** absolutely sucks.

I can't say I'm over these sneakers but its wild frustrating. Takes the excitement of receiving them.

Got my first pair of black toe unions in. Will add pics to this post once I get the Storms in.

Initial impressions.

Build Quality
  • Very nice quality shoe.
  • Toe box shape similar to fragments. Nice and rounded versus the snow plow shape of SBBs. Not all pairs have the same shape toe box.
  • I do think we might see some pairs where the "extra" stitching (blue in the case of black toes) may pull through the leather with use. That ankle section of the shoe sustains a lot of flex during wear, so we'll see how the zigzag stitches all hold up.

Material Quality
  • Shoe is extremely soft and that's why I think people are ranking it so highly in terms of material quality.
  • Will likely scuff very easily. I think this is why JB normally uses hard leather for the toe guard. If you scrape these on a cement step it's going to leave a good mark. Having said that, you can't have durable and soft on the same panel.
  • White panels of shoe feel the same as white panels on SBB
  • Red panels feel like the orange panels on SBB
  • Black panels can't really compare with anything, since JB normally gives us very stiff black leather.

Quality Control
  • Some imperfections in panel cut, stitching and painting. Stuff only really picky people would notice, but overall very nice.
  • Some glue marks, nothing outrageous.
Cliffnotes:

I put these above SBB quality wise because of that nice supple black leather on the Unions.

It is extremely hard to compare these to 2011 Banned. The Banned leather is stiff like you see with some leather jackets. The beauty in the Banned is how grainy the leather is. They look like an old leather couch and I feel like they have more character.

It's similar to comparing an actual vintage shoe versus a new shoe made to have vintage aesthetic.

Last edited:
Got my first pair of black toe unions in. Will add pics to this post once I get the Storms in.

Initial impressions.

Build Quality
  • Very nice quality shoe.
  • Toe box shape similar to fragments. Nice and rounded versus the snow plow shape of SBBs. Not all pairs have the same shape toe box.
  • I do think we might see some pairs where the "extra" stitching (blue in the case of black toes) may pull through the leather with use. That ankle section of the shoe sustains a lot of flex during wear, so we'll see how the zigzag stitches all hold up.

Material Quality
  • Shoe is extremely soft and that's why I think people are ranking it so highly in terms of material quality.
  • Will likely scuff very easily. I think this is why JB normally uses hard leather for the toe guard. If you scrape these on a cement step it's going to leave a good mark. Having said that, you can't have durable and soft on the same panel.
  • White panels of shoe feel the same as white panels on SBB
  • Red panels feel like the orange panels on SBB
  • Black panels can't really compare with anything, since JB normally gives us very stiff black leather.

Quality Control
  • Some imperfections in panel cut, stitching and painting. Stuff only really picky people would notice, but overall very nice.
  • Some glue marks, nothing outrageous.
Cliffnotes:

I put these above SBB quality wise because of that nice supple black leather on the Unions.

It is extremely hard to compare these to 2011 Banned. The Banned leather is stiff like you see with some leather jackets. The beauty in the Banned is how grainy the leather is. They look like an old leather couch and I feel like they have more character.

It's similar to comparing an actual vintage shoe versus a new shoe made to have vintage aesthetic.

pics of this "Frag" toebox shape.

I know I'm repeating myself but I don't understand the people defending them. They broke their TOS and this speed is insane. Silence on top of it.

But that begs the question: Why do these people care about Union? They're a business, run for profit (the owner has passion but not much for his customers it seems). They literally do not care about you on an individual level.

To be frank people aren't assertive. I was raised to speak up for myself and not accept trash. A lot of people will go with the flow as to avoid making a fuss. I also find that most people will tram with the big guy rather than going for their own because they feel like it's wasted effort. Will me refusing to support Union tank their business, no. But if enough people take action eventually they'll have to change and ideally other brands will as well. Ans to your point then being a business makes it worse that people have their capes out.

Back
Top Bottom