AIR JORDAN 1 RETRO HIGH OG GAME ROYAL

20180331_171446.jpg

Couldn't resist. Had to custom one of my pairs.
what did you do to treat the leather before paint

what did you do to treat the leather before paint
99% isopropyl alcohol, acetone (harsher than isopropyl) angelus deglazer will all prep the leather before you paint. you don't strip the color away completely, you just break the factory seal. Tape before you prep also to prevent color bleed onto the white. The change from blue to black is pretty easy, just take your time.

So weird what just happen to me today. I got charge from footlocker for a purchased that I did not make. The email confirmation stated I made a purchased of "Jordan 1 high 550880031" I'm wondering how this could of happen? Usually every order u have to enter the 3 digit security # to confirm order.

Yeah I watched some YouTube videos. Is it necessary to use alcohol or acetone before applying the paint? Just did 1 coat so far so I can restart if need be.
It's going to affect the long term durability. You will deal with paint peeling easier from scuffs and general wear and tear of the leather flexing while walking. You could look down and one day see blue around the toe cap through cracked black paint just from normal use. Angelus themselves always states to use a deglazer before applying paint......don't really have any advice to undo what you did. probably more hassle than its worth and you risk the black paint you did bleeding all over the shoe while trying to strip it.

It's going to affect the long term durability. You will deal with paint peeling easier from scuffs and general wear and tear of the leather flexing while walking. You could look down and one day see blue around the toe cap through cracked black paint just from normal use. Angelus themselves always states to use a deglazer before applying paint......don't really have any advice to undo what you did. probably more hassle than its worth and you risk the black paint you did bleeding all over the shoe while trying to strip it.

Damn. Do you think it's still worth to strip the 1 coat of black paint I did? I just did 1 shoe so far so at least now I know for future reference.

Damn. Do you think it's still worth to strip the 1 coat of black paint I did? I just did 1 shoe so far so at least now I know for future reference.
probably not as the mess made by stripping the black could get ugly to deal with. if it does crack with time just peel away the areas that are cracking then prep and repaint. it's your shoe and not a clients so just expect to have to do some maintenance on it. definitely strip the 2nd shoe though before starting. depending on how rough you are and how much you wear them they might hold up for a while before that happens.

probably not as the mess made by stripping the black could get ugly to deal with. if it does crack with time just peel away the areas that are cracking then prep and repaint. it's your shoe and not a clients so just expect to have to do some maintenance on it. definitely strip the 2nd shoe though before starting. depending on how rough you are and how much you wear them they might hold up for a while before that happens.

Sounds good homie. Appreciate the feedback!

Yeah I watched some YouTube videos. Is it necessary to use alcohol or acetone before applying the paint? Just did 1 coat so far so I can restart if need be.

If you don’t strip the paint with acetone or something equivalent, the paint will crack as soon as the shoe is worn. Stripping the paint first allows for the leather to soak up the new paint so it won’t crack

Back
Top Bottom