Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG Bred Toe

70437385-5B5F-4039-A37A-AC11F88F2445.jpeg

. Do I dare....

What’s the release date on those?

Just saw the disclaimer on the bottom that this is only for continental US. Oh well, good thing I didn't drive all the way down to my FootAction

Tried at another FA today: barcode scanned, dude pulled up my info (VIP whatever), but then was told they couldn't order before 2 weeks. Also said they looked to be sold out anyway.

Tried at another FA today: barcode scanned, dude pulled up my info (VIP whatever), but then was told they couldn't order before 2 weeks. Also said they looked to be sold out anyway.

Heads cooked all of em in silence between yesterday and today. There were a good amount of these to go around after all said and done. Especially timing wise, feel like gold toes were more difficult to grab day of.

Yes and no. The creases dont form in the toebox but creases definitely form more toward your arch, where the plastic part of the sneaker shields end. I purchased a 4 pack, years ago, but only used one pair bc I don’t like where the creases form with shields. I’ve also come to appreciate nice toebox creasing. I’ve noticed that when I walk really carefully to avoid creasing, creases form in WEIRD places, but when I wear my shoes and naturally let them bend/crease, they always look great. The shields also made my feet sweat like crazy-and there was always a layer of nasty sweat/condensation on the shields after I wore my kicks(TB 3s). After I took them out, the creases that formed looked amazing. Shoes are also FARRRRRR MORE comfortable without sneaker shields.

Don’t waste money on sneaker shields, get a couple of pairs of cedar shoe trees=awesome advice:smile:
I use them only on my jordan 1 they will not crease the toe box but you will start to get crease right above the Laces

Still contemplating it for the gold toes just cause of the patent leather. Never used them before though. I have cedar shoe trees for all my dress shoes though, works just fine for the most part. Doesn't stop the creasing but does help it wear easier

If your feet sweat at all, I would highly advise against using the plastic universal shields. Patent+ plastic shields=foot sauna

Also, the shields will change your walking gait because of the way it restricts the whole toebox when you walk. This could potentially mess up your feet, knees, and back, now and in the future; not worth it. TRUST. I’ve seen millionaires who need the craziest orthotics bc no $$$$/surgery will completely fix feet issues once you acquire those probs.

When I wear shoes that I don’t want creasing heavily, I always wear thick socks to minimize the space between my foot and actual toebox;this naturally prevents the shoe from bending too much. after I wear my kicks, I stick in my cedar shoe trees, smooth out creases and let them rebound for at least a couple of days before wearing them again. I used to do this yearrrrrs ago, with my $400-$600 premium leather, Bruno Maglis and Ferragamos when I worked in the Nordstrom men’s shoe dept. and have used this strategy with my sneakers for yearsssss with glowing results. I’ve done this with Jordan 1, 3,4,11,12,13s, and all of them look amazing after HUNDREDS of wears.(my XI concords and Breds have hundreds of wears on them and the creases are barely there-I even balled in both indoors numerous times). Sorry for my rant but I hope it helps someone out there! :smile:

If your feet sweat at all, I would highly advise against using the plastic universal shields. Patent+ plastic shields=foot sauna

Also, the shields will change your walking gait because of the way it restricts the whole toebox when you walk. This could potentially mess up your feet, knees, and back, now and in the future; not worth it. TRUST. I’ve seen millionaires who need the craziest orthotics bc no $$$$/surgery will completely fix feet issues once you acquire those probs.

When I wear shoes that I don’t want creasing heavily, I always wear thick socks to minimize the space between my foot and actual toebox;this naturally prevents the shoe from bending too much. after I wear my kicks, I stick in my cedar shoe trees, smooth out creases and let them rebound for at least a couple of days before wearing them again. I used to do this yearrrrrs ago, with my $400-$600 premium leather, Bruno Maglis and Ferragamos when I worked in the Nordstrom men’s shoe dept. and have used this strategy with my sneakers for yearsssss with glowing results. I’ve done this with Jordan 1, 3,4,11,12,13s, and all of them look amazing after HUNDREDS of wears.(my XI concords and Breds have hundreds of wears on them and the creases are barely there-I even balled in both indoors numerous times). Sorry for my rant but I hope it helps someone out there! :smile:

A lot of people also don't realize they are wearing the wrong size shoe to begin with and this also leads to increased creasing. Great advice on the shoe trees every time after wearing and letting the leather rest between wearings. I had Brunos I bought from nordstroms that lasted 3 years before i wore out the sole/heel. Great shoes. Cedar are great for removing smells and moisture.

Other advice to avoid creasing on the rear of 1's and other shoes, buy a shoe horn. Using it properly will help prevent the crease on the rear most people have, it happens from not sliding your foot in but smashing your foot in to make it fit. A few bucks investment to protect your investment is well worth it.

Can you link me to some good thick socks?

For a guy who's had 4 back surgeries....this is important information lol

I'm curious, did your associate have to "power through" to process your order? Do you recall where they located your pair (was it within a 50 mile radius or so?)? And is your FA a smaller store (I thought you lived in NC)? I ask because the manager showed me the screen with the code prompt that they couldn't order, but it's also a non-Hoh. It isn't the smallest FTL, but it's also not the largest either. He also mentioned they're not on the newest system, but the HoH a few miles away is. Just trying to figure out the correlation on how some stores are able to do it, while others can't.

On a different note, I also just realized they're shipping direct from stores even though they have the product at the warehouse. During my convo with the manager, he mentioned Amazon has changed the way they're ship things now since people want their merch ASAP. What can be fulfilled by their warehouse may come from a brick and mortar if it's closer to the consumer and the costumer can get if faster. I typically try and avoid in store Nike purchases since my friend will order from Swoosh for me and that's still a lot cheaper even with my military discount. Plus I don't like my **** destroyed in the mail, so it's been probably a solid 4/5 years since I purchased anything in store with an attempt to get a pair shoes that were at another brick and mortar. Anyway, it dawned on me when I ordered some AM 93s the other day and I was getting USPS tracking from stores in LA, yet the warehouse had pairs. I used to purposely buy extra shoes so they'd box my order up, to avoid the bag of death, then return the I'd extra pair back to the store. Anyway, sorry for the babble!

Take it with a grain of salt, because he's said a few things that weren't exactly correct in the past; however, the reasons he gave today, did lend some credence to his story. He even let me watch him put stuff in the computer during his queries.

Have any of the in store order winners received shipping confirmation yet? I skimmed back a few pages and didn’t catch anything. My nearest FTA manager thinks they won’t go through.

Have any of the in store order winners received shipping confirmation yet? I skimmed back a few pages and didn’t catch anything. My nearest FTA manager thinks they won’t go through.
I got tracking the day after I ordered (Monday). Will be here Friday coming from KS

Back
Top Bottom