Air Jordan 1 High OG Black/Gray aka Shadow 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.
NA on the shadows. YES 
laugh.gif

By far it is better. I mean the quality on the OG branded 1's were superb. I was very impressed with the Knicks and especially the celtics 1's too but JB was on some other ish back in '09 with that quality. I kinda want another pair of '09's now...

Not only that...the '09's are made with real leather unlike the Knick's. The Knicks are synthetic leather.

jumpman on the heel and better quality or a little worse quality and blank heel and nike air? yeah give me the blank heel, now if the 09s had a blank heel and a jumpman tag id get those but that stupid jumpman on the heel drives me nuts. Its so out of place and stupid looking on the 1s

Last edited:
jumpman on the heel and better quality or a little worse quality and blank heel and nike air? yeah give me the blank heel, now if the 09s had a blank heel and a jumpman id get those but that stupid jumpman on the heel drives me nuts. Its so out of place and stupid looking on the 1s
I concur. Looks awful. Big reason I passed on a ton of 1s. Shadows are just so buttery tho. I'll do a comparison of both when I cop these.

I'm ready for the OG treatment on these but even with the jump man on the heel and tongue these were still great. Lets not act like we don't have any Air Jordan 1's with a jump man on the heel guys...

and they look horrible in my opinion, especially that jumpman on the heel which looks horrible especially in the color they made it.

and they look horrible in my opinion, especially that jumpman on the heel which looks horrible especially in the color they made it.

So you only own OG 1s? You don't have 1 pair in your collection with a Jumpman logo on the heel? All your 1s are from 85, 94, and 01 correct? Add in the Banneds as well since they don't have the logo on the heel. Serious question ...

So you only own OG 1s? You don't have 1 pair in your collection with a Jumpman logo on the heel? All your 1s are from 85, 94, and 01 correct? Add in the Banneds as well since they don't have the logo on the heel. Serious question ...
ive only recently (2010) started to really like the 1 and its not only OGs that i like but most colorways look like crap and no i dont own a pair with the jumpman on the heel, KOs (no jumpman) celtics, 01 royals and my 2012 chicagos (i removed the jumpman from the heel myself) if they released more team colors without the jumpman on the heel i would cop more but still wouldnt cop those atrocious things up there even if they had OG quality leather, just not gunna happen

ive only recently (2010) started to really like the 1 and its not only OGs that i like but most colorways look like crap and no i dont own a pair with the jumpman on the heel, KOs (no jumpman) celtics, 01 royals and my 2012 chicagos (i removed the jumpman from the heel myself) if they released more team colors without the jumpman on the heel i would cop more but still wouldnt cop those atrocious things up there even if they had OG quality leather, just not gunna happen

I respect your opinion fam, we all have different likes and taste. I like the 1s I posted above because of the color combination, not everyone can pull it off. I've always been a 1's fan, word to my 94 Chicago's, but I'm use too most of the newer releases having the jumpman on the heel. For instance, If I want another pair of Bred 1s I'm not gonna sit here and be like if I dont get the 2001 version or Banneds I won't cop :rolleyes if you ask me the 2008 version with the jumpman on the heel is just as good (minus the strap), especially if you can't find the 09s that came in the DMP. I guess it all comes down to buy what you want, wear what you like.

Oh yeah, those KO (no jumpman) Celtics were HIDEOUS :x you can keep those.

Last edited:
yeah not many like the celtics, for some reason they drew me in but i havent liked the one until i saw them without the jumpman on the heel, that might be why im copping more than usual only because i never liked them until the heel was blank so now the doors have opened for me on 1s, now the nike air tag i dont care about i just need/want the heel blank. Even those 1s that you posted without the jumpman on the heel would be a possible cop if they were highs and the blank heel but different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:
yeah not many like the celtics, for some reason they drew me in but i havent liked the one until i saw them without the jumpman on the heel, that might be why im copping more than usual only because i never liked them until the heel was blank so now the doors have opened for me on 1s, now the nike air tag i dont care about i just need/want the heel blank. Even those 1s that you posted without the jumpman on the heel would be a possible cop if they were highs and the blank heel but different strokes for different folks.
I almost copped Celtics 1s below retail on the strength of that. Nike Air plus a blank heel is a win to me. I'd rather spend that kind of bread on a pair of SBs tho. If those ever hit outlets for like $80, I may cave.

It's kind of funny to me that 1's are all the hype now. I remember rocking different ones and people caying nice dunks.

It's kind of funny to me that 1's are all the hype now. I remember rocking different ones and people caying nice dunks.

i personally blame Kanye and Jay, especially Ye. they consistently wear 1s more than any other Jordan

its because of them that DMP Bulls 1s jumped to :smh:300

I'm ready for the OG treatment on these but even with the jump man on the heel and tongue these were still great. Lets not act like we don't have any Air Jordan 1's with a jump man on the heel guys...

i actually sold all of my 1s with the Jumpman on the back...DMP Bulls/Celtics pack, Shadows, and Hares. The only ones i actually somewhat miss are the Shadows because the quality was so amazing on them and i got them on discount a week after they released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom