Air Jordan 1 High “Black Toe” – 2013 NO buying,selling-trading

I think it depends where you shop and live.  I was able to walk into my Sports Zone here in (Northern) Va and pick up my royals little after noon on release day.

WHAAAT!!! :smh:

I think I know this Sports Zone. I was thinking about going, but they didn't answer the phone the 30 times I called. So I stuck to my spot.

A lot of things sleep in NoVa

I think it depends where you shop and live.  I was able to walk into my Sports Zone here in (Northern) Va and pick up my royals little after noon on release day.
ya I agree it totally depends but I live in mi so idk because we got a lotta peope who go for the releases but Idk I'm really looking forward to cop the grapes I want the retro and og so that's what I'm lookIng for

I think I know this Sports Zone. I was thinking about going, but they didn't answer the phone the 30 times I called. So I stuck to my spot.

Agreed, the Sports Zone I speak of is the fairly new one in Woodbridge.  Walked in around 1:30pm and asked dude if they had them, he was like "yea they're just chilling, the younger heads must not be feeling them".  So I tried them on, called my bro in Brooklyn and asked if he wanted a pair and rolled out with two.  They even through in 2 pairs of Matching black and blue Nike Elite Socks.

Agreed, the Sports Zone I speak of is the fairly new one in Woodbridge.  Walked in around 1:30pm and asked dude if they had them, he was like "yea they're just chilling, the younger heads must not be feeling them".  So I tried them on, called my bro in Brooklyn and asked if he wanted a pair and rolled out with two.  They even through in 2 pairs of Matching black and blue Nike Elite Socks.
Damn dude I need to get your number if you can get them that easy xD I need a for sure person that can help me cop a pair of the grapes

Yeah my spot was pretty chill about it too, but not that chill 
laugh.gif

I want to post my easy release stories like these, but then the PM box is filled to the brim with thirsty dudes trying to get a bite.

laugh.gif

I want to post my easy release stories like these, but then the PM box is filled to the brim with thirsty dudes trying to get a bite.
Lmfao do they have a discussion board for easy release stories ?

laugh.gif

Yeah I feel ya.  A lot of times, releases here VA be sweet.  A lot of these independent dealers are so well hidden within the burbs, the DC heads completely miss them when the cross the bridge to enter the Commonwealth.  Most of my Friends from Philly and NY come down here to get their J's and Foams now.

Yeah I feel ya.  A lot of times, releases here in VA be sweet.  A lot of these independent dealers are so well hidden within the burbs, the DC heads completely miss them when they cross the bridge to enter the Commonwealth.  Most of my Friends from Philly and NY come down here to get their J's and Foams now.

Last edited:
Actually stand a much better shot now that Nike will be implanting a new Twitter RSVP by using a "#" in an image. My idea months ago tbh. Once all the other NT's adopt this I should be good for these :smokin

The Sports Zone over here doesn't sell retros.

Or do they?
It's a hit or miss with sport zone depending on the area.

The way I see it is, the farther you get from DC, the less your SZ is going to get. Since SZ is based in DC. Mine get's retros, but not limited things like the royals and doernbechers.

Slept on the Royals and had to pay the price later........literally lol........so looking to do the homework and go hard for these.

The Sports Zone over here doesn't sell retros.

Or do they?

It's a hit or miss with sport zone depending on the area.

The way I see it is, the farther you get from DC, the less your SZ is going to get. Since SZ is based in DC. Mine get's retros, but not limited things like the royals and doernbechers.

Ah, I see.

I'll have to ask them tomorrow when I go to the mall.

I had 2 packs of the bmps both for 30% off . Those were the days. I was able to walk in at my local dsg mid day and used a coupon code.

To me, "Slept on" doesn't mean you could get them sometime during the first 4 hours a store was open. Slept on means they're sitting around, they go through the product cycle, they go on sale, etc...people choose to leave them on the shelf for a cycle, rather than get lucky that they are on the shelf for a day. If a shoe is at a local store and would still stay sitting there if the whole country had access to it, then maybe that's slept on somewhat.

What happens at your Sports Zone happens at our Hibbet's Sports sometimes. People have caught on there now though it looks like.

Last edited:
The captcha wasn't your idea up there tbh, lol. Hundreds of people said that months ago and everyday since, and that isn't even what the change and method to try to stop the bots is. It's that the unique hashtag is circled within the image full of other unique hashtags and that creates a roadblock for bots. They can't fish out the circled and correct hashtag with just the captcha workaround that is used on ticketmaster this way. The better RSVP programs I know of had the captcha work around built in their first few updates. While awaiting captcha implementation by Nike, owners bragged that they could get around it and Nike skipped right past that to what they will use now. I think the real change that gets bot users is the "rule" that was added that specifically says if a person uses an automated program of any kind to gain an unfair advantage they will be disqualified from RSVPs at that store. You run the risk of losing access to RSVPs at your local Niketown if they decide they think you are cheating.

The captcha wasn't your idea up there tbh, lol. Hundreds of people said that months ago and everyday since, and that isn't even what the change and method to try to stop the bots is. It's that the unique hashtag is circled within the image full of other unique hashtags and that creates a roadblock for bots. They can't fish out the circled and correct hashtag with just the captcha workaround that is used on ticketmaster this way. The better RSVP programs I know of had the captcha work around built in their first few updates. While awaiting captcha implementation by Nike, owners bragged that they could get around it and Nike skipped right past that to what they will use now. I think the real change that gets bot users is the "rule" that was added that specifically says if a person uses an automated program of any kind to gain an unfair advantage they will be disqualified from RSVPs at that store. You run the risk of losing access to RSVPs at your local Niketown if they decide they think you are cheating.
I might not be the first to think of it but the day when Sneaker RSVP and RSVP Sniper started to take orders for a major release (think it was January) I send emails to Nike saying that there's a lot of corruption and I explained that the bots were bs. Those guys selling bots thought they were doing everyone a favor and eliminating ever having to pay resellers.

The bots were the worst. You needed to make sure you got your order in early, you didn't stand a chance if you weren't using one, and for the past few releases so many people were selling bots it was canceling out everyone and it became more like a raffle.

I was good at RSVP before them. Very good. I had a nice system that worked well for many releases. Just my 2 cents. I might not have been the first but I've been preaching this when it felt like everyone else was against me

To me, "Slept on" doesn't mean you could get them sometime during the first 4 hours a store was open. Slept on means they're sitting around, they go through the product cycle, they go on sale, etc...people choose to leave them on the shelf for a cycle, rather than get lucky that they are on the shelf for a day. If a shoe is at a local store and would still stay sitting there if the whole country had access to it, then maybe that's slept on somewhat.

What happens at your Sports Zone happens at our Hibbet's Sports sometimes. People have caught on there now though it looks like.

I think definitions are changing and still evolving as far as sneakers.

I think definitions are changing and still evolving as far as sneakers.

That's 100% the truth. It's insane the speed that this industry is moving.

I don't have an NT near and have only helped others send in their RSVPs, but I'm sure it's frustrating to wait all day for their tweet then have one of the few options for some shoes end up not even being a real option, Mark. Hopefully this change does help people like you that were prepared and rsvp'ing fairly before it became so automated. Good luck on the next one, and let us know if you notice any differences with these new changes. I'm kind of curious what that "average speed you have to send the DM to get the reply" will be now that people have to use a few split seconds targeting the correct hashtag.

That's 100% the truth. It's insane the speed that this industry is moving.

I don't have an NT near and have only helped others send in their RSVPs, but I'm sure it's frustrating to wait all day for their tweet then have one of the few options for some shoes end up not even being a real option, Mark. Hopefully this change does help people like you that were prepared and rsvp'ing fairly before it became so automated. Good luck on the next one, and let us know if you notice any differences with these new changes. I'm kind of curious what that "average speed you have to send the DM to get the reply" will be now that people have to use a few split seconds targeting the correct hashtag.
I agree 100%. It's extremely frustrating. But I like the security in knowing if I waste a few hours I'm pretty much guaranteed a pair whereas I'm not at the mercy of these guys selling rsvps and where one guys method might be faster than another's and it becomes a crap shoot. I think the only thing that'll make it better is if they give a time range AND keep the window open for an hour like it was intended to be. Either that or change the part that says it'll be open for an hour. The time range right now though is store hours (that's too long imo). They should say 11-4 or something. Although stores pretty much follow a pattern for the most part. 21M is always after 3pm. NT's are usually before 3pm (5pm at the latest).

The anticipation is killin me! Lol
I need these bad really the only release I'm looking forward to this yr.

Back
Top Bottom