Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Fab1122

^To answer your comment... on the boxes we received today they were $125. Sorry they did sell out.

i bet they did
laugh.gif
.... unless you guys set a limit id bet one person bought them all up... & id also bet 60-75% of them have already hit fleabay
laugh.gif

just bought a pair for $300 . had to do it, these were my first Jordans back when the og's came out

Okay, so I have a friend in need of some $$$ who has four pairs of Banned 1s (2-10s, a 9.5 , and an 11) that he is trying to sell me for $900 total. I am not big on reselling and I really don't want the hassle of selling them but I was wondering if that is a better deal for me or him?

Originally Posted by bighead balrog

Okay, so I have a friend in need of some $$$ who has four pairs of Banned 1s (2-10s, a 9.5 , and an 11) that he is trying to sell me for $900 total. I am not big on reselling and I really don't want the hassle of selling them but I was wondering if that is a better deal for me or him?

The 11 you should be able to sell for around $300 within a short time (few weeks tops) in my opinion, not sure about the type of demand for 9.5's and 10's, but you'd really only have to average $200 per after that, so at worst you'd probably break even.  The real question is how much time do you really want to invest in waiting for the right offer to come along for all four pairs.  You're probably grossing 2-3 bills in profit before shipping and possible ebay/paypal fees.  Considering that risk and time involved in proportion to the money you'd make, I'd say for $900 it's not a worthwhile investment.  If your friend is feeling lazy about reselling and wants to pass it off, he's not really in a position to have leverage and still be asking for that close to market price.

Originally Posted by bighead balrog

maybe for $700 but not 900 

I want these, but I refuse to pay over $150 for a pair of 1's. It's just principalities in this. Saw them in an 11 for $800 in eBay last night and almost punched my computer. Guess it ain't meant to be. How these got to be valued at the same price as packages (DMP) I'll never be able to understand. Congrats to those that copped though.

Yeah, not really looking to make a profit at all, my friend was just in serious need of the $$$ and I know I could sell 'em fairly quick . . . Anyway, I'll probably just let him borrow the cash and sell them for him.

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

I want these, but I refuse to pay over $150 for a pair of 1's. It's just principalities in this. Saw them in an 11 for $800 in eBay last night and almost punched my computer. Guess it ain't meant to be. How these got to be valued at the same price as packages (DMP) I'll never be able to understand. Congrats to those that copped though.
That must have been just a BIN price, thats too crazy.

People can list for whatever they want, but nothing is selling that high. DS pairs should be easily available for 2-300 right now.

Originally Posted by RV019

You guys think a pair of 2011 concords is a fair trade for these?
probably. I see the 2011 concords holding a value of 300-350 like the space jams (and is the same as the Banned 1s). the only reason that cool greys are 250-275 are because the arent as desired and aren't a OG colorway.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by townbidness

Instead of paying 300 for these i paid 220 for near deadstock pair of 2001.

these are better than the 01's in my opinion
agreed, these shame the 01. theyre neck in neck with the 94s in my opinion.

damn im never gettin a pair if the value is that high to be an even swap on a pair of concords
eek.gif
eek.gif

damn im never gettin a pair if the value is that high to be an even swap on a pair of concords
eek.gif
eek.gif
Pretty much. Jay-Z rocking these religiously pushed the value up significantly and even made the DMP 1s more valuable. I'd say market value now for a DS pair depending on the size is 350-400.

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by townbidness

Instead of paying 300 for these i paid 220 for near deadstock pair of 2001.

these are better than the 01's in my opinion
agreed, these shame the 01. theyre neck in neck with the 94s in my opinion.

cosign on banneds being better than '01's, as i own both and can see it for myself. but you really compared the leather on '94 1's and they're neck and neck with these? that's interesting. the leather on these banneds is premium as hell compared to most jordans i've seen since the 90's...

i wouldn't know how to compare these vs. my 1985 black toes. i'd just say the leather on the banneds is more "grainy" and soft, probably.

Best release of the year IMO. I love the concords and plan to cop but after seeing early pics the quality isn't touching the banned 1s at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom