Air Jordan 1 “Yellow toe” SUMMER 2022?

I hear you, that whole sbb butter leather wave was wild to see. Those shoes were not hot at first at all and I passed on them because orange isn’t my fav color but they were like a hype Grenade once it exploded bam $600 then 7 then 8.

Ordered my pair from Goat as well a couple days ago. Wasn't in on these at first, but why not end the summer with a bang. Pair is on the way to Goat and probably will make it to me by this time next week if all goes well. I'm officially on ice till 11/19.

My pair from Flight Club came in yesterday from China. I'm mainly strictly a 3s and 4s AJ guy, but if JB continues to put out 1s with this quality then I will be buying up more of 'em. I remember I really wanted a pair of the SB 1s, but took many Ls when they dropped. That was the height of the AJ 1 hype and the experience of trying to cop any of the OG color ways put a bad taste in my mouth so I didn't even try. Although I do have a pair of the OG black highs with the white swoosh. Those were an easy cop since most people thought they were "too boring". Those are underrated imo.

Anyways, well done on these JB. These will only look better with wear and these will be worn a lot.

AJ1taxi.jpg

My pair from Flight Club came in yesterday from China. I'm mainly strictly a 3s and 4s AJ guy, but if JB continues to put out 1s with this quality then I will be buying up more of 'em. I remember I really wanted a pair of the SB 1s, but took many Ls when they dropped. That was the height of the AJ 1 hype and the experience of trying to cop any of the OG color ways put a bad taste in my mouth so I didn't even try. Although I do have a pair of the OG black highs with the white swoosh. Those were an easy cop since most people thought they were "too boring". Those are underrated imo.

Anyways, well done on these JB. These will only look better with wear and these will be worn a lot.

AJ1taxi.jpg
Fam the Quality is that good on them.

Sooo if i want these early GOAT is the way to go?!

price isn’t too bad and wanna avoid the hassle

Sooo if i want these early GOAT is the way to go?!

price isn’t too bad and wanna avoid the hassle
Yeah definitely I just got mines in and they are FIRE. No hassle smooth process and I'm DEFINITELY pleased with the product! SOTY for me! Taking pics soon!

20220822_171105.jpg
20220822_171206.jpg
20220822_171217.jpg
20220822_171237.jpg

Bred toe comparison. Both the colored panels towards the heel very soft and has a lot of give. Bred toes slightly more soft just by a hair. Both white midpanels soft. Bred toe toe leather slightly more soft.

Taxi more comfortable by a long shot and seem to have a better quality or build. When I put them on to tie they felt sturdy, secure and comfy. A retro well done and I would double up before release date again with this shoe.

Yes, the laces on these are a little stiffer so it’s a little tighter fit through the laces holes. I like it, especially for people who don’t tie them like myself, they tend to stay in place.

Random thought, I wish all shoes used the same material on their collar lining as these. They’re so comfortable and never get sock dingleberries. Also your foot slides right in. All the small details make this shoe….sorry, I probably shouldn’t be hyping this shoe since I would like to get a second pair for retail at most. Just gotta give props for when JB actually gets it right.

Satin sock liners have always been superior, which is funny that people were complaining about that change on the wmns purple metallics

Also leather tongues are superior as well.

Satin sock liners have always been superior, which is funny that people were complaining about that change on the wmns purple metallics

Also leather tongues are superior as well.
I wouldn't compare the liner material on these to the super shiny satin stuff on those metallics. These aren't shiny and super smooth like satin. They're a dull black and have a smooth, but slight texture to them. It's just a tighter mesh weave.

I also really like a nice, thickly padded nylon tongue. They can tend to slide off to one side or the other, but I use the tongue lace slit to hold them in place. I haven't had any issues with these moving around. I would love if they put in the elastic tongue stays like in the AT1s though.

Back
Top Bottom